Sign in to follow this  
tec

Rl Backchat

Recommended Posts

The panel reckon we should be fined after the commments made on Facebook regarding the ref after the Dewsbury game .Sounded like sour grapes and a word might need to be said to whoever posted them .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The comments were very poor and have since been removed. Don't really see why the club should be fined because of some annoying person posting that. Hope they don't have access to the account anymore though. 

Edited by RAIDERSRUS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another point can the club put the Facebook posts on here everyone is not on there and it could possibly mean people miss important issues .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The comments quoted on the programme were unprofessional .I would suggest waiting until the emotions have calmed down and the ale has worn off .

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, rooster2003 said:

What's funny about that then?

It’s not funny. It’s laughable!

rooster 🎣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact is it was a poor comment and like I said whoever is given the responsibility to   comment onsocial media needs to post on here  as well. Given the controversy around Facebook a lot of fans don’t use it including myself and is it really that hard to link in any official statements made by the club ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, tec said:

Another point can the club put the Facebook posts on here everyone is not on there and it could possibly mean people miss important issues .

Moving forward with things, it’s been decided that the social media platforms that the club will post on is FB, Twitter and our official website. 

If people want to keep upto date with news, as and when it happens, they will have to like our official page (not the unofficial group) 

With the resources we have we can link our social media together so we’re not duplicating work. 

I know this doesn’t suit everyone but it’s us progressing and keeping up with how other clubs do things. 

FB Page is class. It has interviews with coaches and players, merchandising news, posters, everything. This forum is ok for a craic but it’s viewed by so few and is so limited in what we can do to promote things. The FB posts are often viewed by 10,000’s of people  

So obviously people who view this forum have internet so it’s just a matter of setting up a 5 min FB account and there’s a massive resource there to look at. Even if the only page a new member likes is barrow Raiders they won’t get bombarded with the rest of the garbage on social media. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tec said:

The fact is it was a poor comment and like I said whoever is given the responsibility to   comment onsocial media needs to post on here  as well. Given the controversy around Facebook a lot of fans don’t use it including myself and is it really that hard to link in any official statements made by the club ? 

Anybody can copy and paste stuff from our official pages and post on here. but as it’s not a platform that we can control and it’s extremely limited nature it’s because somewhat of a dinosaur. 

The message is: If fans want to keep up to date with news as and when it happens, get a FB account and like our page. If they’re happy to hear about stuff on the terraces or in the mail etc That’s fine too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Campeze said:

It’s not funny. It’s laughable!

rooster 🎣

I just don't get what's funny about it. Crarey was on it a few weeks back wasn't he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it would take seconds to add any Facebook or Twitter posts to this forum .Who made the decision to only give information on those platforms ? Poor response if only 1 fan reads this forum then that’s 1 more person keeping in touch with the club-maybe a potential sponsor etc .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tec said:

it would take seconds to add any Facebook or Twitter posts to this forum .Who made the decision to only give information on those platforms ? Poor response if only 1 fan reads this forum then that’s 1 more person keeping in touch with the club-maybe a potential sponsor etc .

Nobody goes to this forum first, they would all go to fb or the club website. 

This is not an official page or forum. 

Take a look at how other club post their news on the internet. That’s what we’re trying to emulate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Facebook is class ? Is it that why is has had to run a publicity campaign to say it has sold your personal information and willl change it s ways .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, rooster2003 said:

I just don't get what's funny about it. Crarey was on it a few weeks back wasn't he?

On what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I go to this forum 1st and would guess a few others do -please listen I don’t use social media and I would guess a few members on here don’t . If whoever is given the responsibility  of spreading the word of Barrow RLFC can’t be bothered giving 2 minutes to post on here then that’s a sad reflection on the club .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is certainly room for anyone to help out with posting Club news etc. 

Please get in touch and help out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Campeze said:

I dunno. I don’t know what Backchat is. 

 

The title of the topic sort of gives it away really, the panel are on backchat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Campeze said:

There is certainly room for anyone to help out with posting Club news etc. 

Please get in touch and help out. 

I give up let’s hope everyone is a member of Social media and no important information regarding BRLFC is missed .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, tec said:

I give up let’s hope everyone is a member of Social media and no important information regarding BRLFC is missed .

We’ve all got to move with the times. I don’t understand your reluctance to the club moving forward with this. 

If all other clubs do this, surely it must be a good thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, rooster2003 said:

The title of the topic sort of gives it away really, the panel are on backchat. 

Oh right. 

Where is back chat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday



Rugby League World - Sept 2018

Rugby League World - Sept 2018

Rugby League Books On Sale Here