Sign in to follow this  
RayCee

Predictions For The Qualifiers (2 games to go)

The final Qualifiers, after just three years. Who will make the Million Pound game?

The chart below shows positions after five rounds with two to go. On the done side, blue is SL and yellow Championship sides. I have added points differential as suggested by Manx. For the To Go side, salmon (pink) shows home opponents and brown the team being away. London have two home games and Widnes two away. The rest have one each.

Done To Go
1 Salford 8 +112 London Toulouse 12
2 Leeds 8 +52 Halifax Toronto 12
3 Hull KR 8 +16 Toulouse Widnes 12
4 Toronto 6 +9 Widnes Leeds 8
5 Toulouse 4 -11 Hull KR Salford 4
6 London 4 -13 Salford Halifax 6
7 Widnes 2 -43 Toronto Hull KR 2
8 Halifax 0 -122 Leeds London 0

The extreme right column shows my pick for final points, with Toronto hosting London in the Million Pound game. Toulouse have two SL clubs so have a tough end to the campaign.

Edited by RayCee
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Good chart - very helpful

It just shows how much Toulouse 'blew it' (or maybe were robbed, according to some) this evening. If that game had gone the other way, then it could easily have ended up on a three-way tie on 6 points

As it is, I think your predictions are how it will pan out

19 minutes ago, RayCee said:

The final Qualifiers, after just three years. Who will make the Million Pound game?

The chart below shows positions after five rounds with two to go. Pink shows home opponents and brown the team being away. London have two home games and Widnes two away. The rest have one each. On the done side, blue is SL and yellow Championship sides. 

Done To Go
1 Salford 8 London Toulouse 12
2 Leeds 8 Halifax Toronto 12
3 Hull KR 8 Toulouse Widnes 12
4 Toronto 6 Widnes Leeds 8
5 Toulouse 4 Hull KR Salford 4
6 London 4 Salford Halifax 6
7 Widnes 2 Toronto Hull KR 2
8 Halifax 0 Leeds London 0

The extreme right column shows my pick for final points, with Toronto hosting London in the Million Pound game. Toulouse have two SL clubs so have a tough end to the campaign. 

It's a nice chart  but, without appearing to be ungrateful, the points difference is likely to be crucial over the final weeks. How about a column with that info., perhaps with green for + and red for ?  I bet that would look fabulous!

3 hours ago, Manxmanc said:

It's a nice chart  but, without appearing to be ungrateful, the points difference is likely to be crucial over the final weeks. How about a column with that info., perhaps with green for + and red for ?  I bet that would look fabulous!

Not at all ungrateful, a worthy suggestion and now done. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, RayCee said:

Not at all ungrateful, a worthy suggestion and now done. 

It was worth it; it looks really good - thanks.

2 hours ago, Manxmanc said:

It was worth it; it looks really good - thanks.

No prob. The points differences between TWP, TO and LB isn't much at all. They could change quite quickly.

2 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

Leeds v Toronto could be crucial on the last day 

True, although I can't see Toronto winning that one.

Cheers for doing  that....to be honest, Ive stopped trying to make predictions! I, d like to think the top three is sorted...but then I could see a Tolouse win next week so...? Toronto should get 4th and then....actualy I give up, will see what happens on the final day 🙂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RayCee said:

True, although I can't see Toronto winning that one.

Toughest Championship team Leeds will play. Leeds’ defence still isn’t very good I think it could be an interesting game

Left-field prediction: I think Widnes may well beat Leeds and Toulouse, go to the MPG and win it against Toronto.

End result, after all the kerfuffle: no change.

1 hour ago, Mr Plow said:

Leeds v Toronto could be crucial on the last day 

The biggest game as things stand is Toronto vs Widnes next week. If Widnes win then the top 3 is all but settled and Widnes would also be back in play for the MPG, although they would still have a lot of ground to make up. A TWP win in that game would effectively relegate Widnes and depending on the margin of victory and Leeds' scoreline against Fax could give TWP an outside shot of overtaking Leeds to 3rd place with a big win in the final match, as things stand they would need a 22 point margin of victory in the final match to overtake Leeds, not totally impossible but realistically they would need to hammer Widnes and hope Fax keep it tight against Leeds to reduce that margin in order to have a chance. The other variable in that scenario would be if Toulouse beat Hull KR next week, which would leave Hull KR with a maximum of 10 points and therefore give Toronto a chance of overtaking them on points difference if Toronto were to win their remaining two games. Salford could also still find themselves in the MPG if they slip up against both London and Toulouse and TWP win both of their remaining games, but that is unlikely.

For 5th place it's likely to come down to which of London and Toulouse betters the other's results in their final two games. London still have to play Fax at home so you would think Toulouse would need to beat at least one of Salford or Hull KR, and most likely both, to make the MPG. There's also still an outside chance of Toulouse or London finishing in 3rd if either were to win both of their remaining games and both Hull KR and Toronto were to lose both of theirs, but clearly that's an outside shot.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Roy Haggerty said:

Left-field prediction: I think Widnes may well beat Leeds and Toulouse, go to the MPG and win it against Toronto.

Widnes don't play either of those teams, their remaining fixtures are Toronto away and Hull KR away. London still have to play Halifax at home so it's likely they will get to at least 6 points, meaning that for Widnes to have a chance of making the MPG they will need to win both of their remaining fixtures by a considerable margin to overturn their negative points difference and then hope that other results go in their favour. As stated their match at Toronto next week is massive, win big and they have an outside chance.

7 hours ago, Roy Haggerty said:

Left-field prediction: I think Widnes may well beat Leeds and Toulouse,

Ummm... they've already lost to both of those teams

I think Toulouse might just sneak a win against Hull KR and whilst it’s hardly inspiring, Widnes have just found a bit of form, when many expected them to roll over, with that win this weekend. It’s far from over for anyone.

Personally I hope Toulouse make the MPG against Toronto rather than London as their team is much more suited to playing Toronto. Realistically I dont see Toronto winning another game and then it will come down to how many London can beat Fax by to try and get home advantage.

17 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Personally I hope Toulouse make the MPG against Toronto rather than London as their team is much more suited to playing Toronto. Realistically I dont see Toronto winning another game and then it will come down to how many London can beat Fax by to try and get home advantage.

Toronto will beat Widnes and then may well win at Leeds (who might be safe by then and put half a team out)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Roy Haggerty said:

Don't think that's left field at all. I think the same as you .Widnes will be too good for Toronto next week that's for sure and I have a feeling the will just about sneak into to the mpg. Once they do that they will easily beat whoever the other team is.

Not normally very good at predictions,but prior to the qualifiers starting I thought Leeds,Hull KR and Salford would finish top 3,because simply they had the better teams.

Up until a few weeks ago I had Toronto nailed on for 4th spot and to win MPG game at home.I am not as confident about Toronto now(is the travelling across the Atlantic having an effect on performances).

Widnes have left themselves with too much to do.

I think London will be the other team in MPG

Yep Toulouse had their chances but in the end they are not ready for super league. They don’t have the depth or the size. Against weaker teams they are expansive and pile on the points. In Super League they would get run over. Toronto will make it.

1 hour ago, Agbrigg said:

Don't think that's left field at all. I think the same as you .Widnes will be too good for Toronto next week that's for sure and I have a feeling the will just about sneak into to the mpg. Once they do that they will easily beat whoever the other team is.

Widnes need other results to go their way too but not impossible. If Toulouse beat Hull KR next week then Rovers would have to beat Widnes to avoid the MPG