Sign in to follow this  
sweaty craiq

How to make SKY aware of Championship RL

Recommended Posts

During the recent rail roading of the short term, insular solution to the games structures it seems that one crucial unknown factor has been over looked - HOW MANY FANS OF NON SL CLUBS TAKE SKY SPORTS. In my experience its towns not involved with SL who seem more interested in watching SL on TV, a lot of whom are non attendees of their local club possibly due to the perceived poor spectacle of lower league sport. These FANS will not support another club, that's not how it works in RL is it, so get their fix from TV and the odd BIG LIVE GAME in the CC etc.

What if this element of SKY subscribers were organised en masse to stop subscriptions on a specific day/week, stating the new RL structure as the primary reason, what if say 30,000 subscribers did that at a loss of £15m of income to the broadcaster, how would that impact on future negotiations? Non SL clubs have little impact in stopping SL autocracy in decision making due to the voting system and weakness of a number of clubs outside SL. Maybe, just maybe this option is a far better tool for muscle flexing than a red hall show of hands - do the clubs have the balls to organize it?? Would Leeds join in???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

During the recent rail roading of the short term, insular solution to the games structures it seems that one crucial unknown factor has been over looked - HOW MANY FANS OF NON SL CLUBS TAKE SKY SPORTS. In my experience its towns not involved with SL who seem more interested in watching SL on TV, a lot of whom are non attendees of their local club possibly due to the perceived poor spectacle of lower league sport. These FANS will not support another club, that's not how it works in RL is it, so get their fix from TV and the odd BIG LIVE GAME in the CC etc.

What if this element of SKY subscribers were organised en masse to stop subscriptions on a specific day/week, stating the new RL structure as the primary reason, what if say 30,000 subscribers did that at a loss of £15m of income to the broadcaster, how would that impact on future negotiations? Non SL clubs have little impact in stopping SL autocracy in decision making due to the voting system and weakness of a number of clubs outside SL. Maybe, just maybe this option is a far better tool for muscle flexing than a red hall show of hands - do the clubs have the balls to organize it?? Would Leeds join in???

You think this will help the game?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

NO. It is dog eat dog, with one dog having no teeth

The dog with not teeth is a miserable old ###### living on mis-remembered memories of past glories that never were and expecting other dogs to do his hunting for him, all the while complaining about the strongest members of the pack hogging the majority of the catch.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stopped my subscription cos I got fed up of watching Wigan vs Saints seemingly on repeat. If Championship and League 1 games were shown I would subscribe agaib in a heart beat. But not until. There is more to RL than Superleague. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JonT said:

I stopped my subscription cos I got fed up of watching Wigan vs Saints seemingly on repeat. If Championship and League 1 games were shown I would subscribe agaib in a heart beat. But not until. There is more to RL than Superleague. 

As the championship/league 1 gets some of its funding through the Sky deal. Whilst you’re reducing the deal SL can negotiate is also taking money off lower league clubs. 

Edited by bobbruce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bobbruce said:

As the championship/league 1 gets some of its funding through the Sky deal. Whilst you’re reducing the deal SL can negotiate is also taking money off lower league clubs. 

Yes, I can see what you are saying. But the purchase of a subscription is driven by whether it is deemed entertaining to the viewer.....and right now it ain't. In the meantime plenty of my dosh goes directly to lower league clubs by my attendance home and away. So I'm definitely doing my bit. 

Edited by JonT
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dog declares I will bite the hand that feeds me.

Oh FFS even in a drunken bar room argument nobody would come up with something this stupid.

30 Fans drop Sky and it will force the whole game to change 🙄

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday



Rugby League World - Sept 2018

Rugby League World - Sept 2018

Rugby League Books On Sale Here