Sign in to follow this  
flyingking

Broncos v Salford- Fixture change SIX days notice

Highly unfair on fans who have already made travel plans

DnSUcdJWwAQgaS_.jpg

5 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

While it is absolutely ridiculous I can't seeing it affecting more than about 7 people

You must be employed by the RFL.

No consideration of long-suffering supporters,players or families.

• Like 3

That’s the thing with end of season games, you don’t know their importance in February, or in this case, six weeks ago. It’s unfortunate but it’s one of the best games scheduled this weekend and the TV companies want it on. 

That’s a shame. It has been in my diary for weeks. Possibly can’t make it now. I have attended every home game this season too.

Edited by westlondonfan

Toulouse v Hull Kr would have been good on telly to . They haven’t shown any game from there 

Not sure it's being televised, according to the Sky Sports website and the awful 'rugby-league' website Sky are showing 3 dead rubbers from the Super 8s this week.

• Thanks 1

Its not on TV , presumably either London or Salford game has been chossen for the following Thursday. No doubt we will find out on the Thursday morning

The RFL are apparently advising anyone who complains to them that it was at the home side's request.

London are saying they were told about the change by the RFL at 10.15 this morning.

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

The RFL are apparently advising anyone who complains to them that it was at the home side's request.

London are saying they were told about the change by the RFL at 10.15 this morning.

Yep that’s rugby league 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eleftherios said:

Ridiculous, complete contempt for fans!

It would help if the reason for the change were given.

1 hour ago, Evil Homer said:

Not sure it's being televised, according to the Sky Sports website and the awful 'rugby-league' website Sky are showing 3 dead rubbers from the Super 8s this week.

None of those games are dead rubbers. 

The RFL postponed,at very short notice,a League 1 fixture at Coventry Bears v West Wales Raiders,in order that Coventry Bears could host Pilkington Recs in a Ladbrokes Challenge Cup Game in March.

They have recently altered the days England v New Zealand at Liverpool.

Now this.

Joke sport.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

The RFL postponed,at very short notice,a League 1 fixture at Coventry Bears v West Wales Raiders,in order that Coventry Bears could host Pilkington Recs in a Ladbrokes Challenge Cup Game in March.

Now this.

Joke sport.

Its unbelievable. Completely disrupted WWRs whole season.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Feel for the Salford fans who had probably made plans in advance.  Not the first time this has happened (don’t mention Catalan/Broncos to some Broncos fans).

Due to other commitments I won’t be making the game either, and probably a number of other home fans too. Ridiculous.

34 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Now this.

Joke sport.

Granted moving the international is poor but we still don’t know who’s responsible for the cock up. Whether it’s the RFL Liverpool FC or the police. The others though happen in all sports. There isn’t a major sport in Britain who hasn’t moved a game for TV (even if it is to give Salford more time from a TV game) or cup postponements. 

• Like 1

Just hope you don't qualify for the Million Pound Game - you'll get a weeks notice to make your plans

Well at least I can go to this game now and might also be able to make the Halifax game now also moved to Saturday at 7.05pm 😁

Probably will not have to bok a ticket in advance though

3 hours ago, Quinskolar said:

Salford  requested it as they are the TV game on Thursday. 

Where did you get that from? That's not what we are hearing in Salford but yes the Salford .v. Toulouse game has been moved to Thursday for TV. This means I can't go to either game as I work 5 Nights Monday to Friday. Nearly bought train tickets to London as well. Glad I didn't now. Oh well - Swinton .v. Featherstone and Batley .v. Swinton it is then pn the next two Sundays..

This only really happens for two reasons. 1 the structure we have and 2 the number of slots we take.

Sell more slots to broadcasters, with certain ones taking for certain clubs (i.e all Les Catalans games home and away at 5:30 Saturday, all Toronto games home and away 8/9pm saturday) and slots on Thursday, Friday, and 1pm and 3pm Saturday and all games are televised and played at a certain slot, games don't need to ever be moved because you can sit there at the beginning of the season and plan every game for every slot and not need to amend any bar the play-offs because all would be televised anyway.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

This only really happens for two reasons. 1 the structure we have and 2 the number of slots we take.

Sell more slots to broadcasters, with certain ones taking for certain clubs (i.e all Les Catalans games home and away at 5:30 Saturday, all Toronto games home and away 8/9pm saturday) and slots on Thursday, Friday, and 1pm and 3pm Saturday and all games are televised and played at a certain slot, games don't need to ever be moved because you can sit there at the beginning of the season and plan every game for every slot and not need to amend any bar the play-offs because all would be televised anyway.

Isn’t it also strange that TV games go on with games , sometimes multiple other games , at the same time . Not really helping yourself . There’s TV games but otherwise i still don’t think you can beat Sunday afternoon for your live rugby fix 

5 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

That’s the thing with end of season games, you don’t know their importance in February, or in this case, six weeks ago. It’s unfortunate but it’s one of the best games scheduled this weekend and the TV companies want it on. 

Without the qualifiers the TV would  have known the fixtures months and months away. It would still have been able to set the fixture if needed several weeks as opposed to days away.