Broncos v Salford- Fixture change SIX days notice

I don't know whether Salford requested the move or not, but the Broncos say they were informed of the change at 10am Monday morning. Being told you're playing a game in only 5 days time is pathetic. It's not only difficult for Salford fans but London too because the club draws people from all over the city and even the south east. To make matters worse, the RFL told inconvenienced fans the change was made at Broncos' request...

And then, a few hours later, we're told the Halifax game the following week is being changed. I now can't make that one, but I suppose we should be thankful they've at least bothered to inform us in advance. 

The RFL really just doesn't give a monkey's about anyone.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really annoyed that the Halifax game is been moved as well.  I might be able to make part of the Salford game.  But I have arranged to go away with my wife the weekend of the Halifax game and we made arrangements so that I could come back in time to get to trailfinders on Sunday at 3 PM! 

I am irritated because I have attended every single home match this season and I wanted to make every single home match this season for the first time. 

The attendances for these matches are now likely to be very low. 

55 minutes ago, westlondonfan said:

I am really annoyed that the Halifax game is been mobed as well.  I might be able to make part of the Salford game.  But I have arranged to go away with my wife the weekend of the Halifax game and we made arrangements so that I could come back in time to get to trailfinders on Sunday at 3 PM! 

I am irritated because I have attended every single home match this season and I wanted to make every single home match this season for the first time. 

The attendances for these matches are now likely to be very low. 

They achieved 754 for the Halifax regular season game in July. How much lower do you think it will be?

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

1 hour ago, Manx RL said:

They achieved 754 for the Halifax regular season game in July. How much lower do you think it will be?

Matching that number, in the normal run of things, would be a disappointment. For once, the Broncos have actually done a little bit (emphasis on little) of promotional activity. Changing the date at such short notice will undoubtedly knock a few off. 

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

The RFL d not just to royally  screw up the plans of Salford , Broncos and Halifax fans at the last min - its now decided to play silly b"""ers with the Skolars and Oldham Game as well .....  how to alienate your core support for the game in easy lessons ....couldn't make it up ....  

https://roughyeds.co.uk/2018/09/london-skolars-game-key-information/

24 minutes ago, Rach said:

The RFL d not just to royally  screw up the plans of Salford , Broncos and Halifax fans at the last min - its now decided to play silly b"""ers with the Skolars and Oldham Game as well .....  how to alienate your core support for the game in easy lessons ....couldn't make it up ....  

What are you on?

People in London tend to follow both sides and the change would have massively impacted on Skolars’ Final Home game attendance. This now ensures people can see both games and will help both clubs. 

It’s a sensible move. 

14 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

What are you on?

People in London tend to follow both sides and the change would have massively impacted on Skolars’ Final Home game attendance. This now ensures people can see both games and will help both clubs. 

It’s a sensible move. 

Decisions like this are symptomatic of a Governing Body who couldn't give a flying fig for its supporters base (see the Liverpool Test Match rescheduling fiasco for details )

It's a sensible move ? ....tell that to the visiting supporters who have already made travel plans ..... you going to stump up for train fares etc that are none refundable ....?  

What are you on ? ...read through this thread you'll see lots of folks not happy .

Can see the interchange of support for both London Teams no issue there, but making decisions like this 5 and 4 days before a fixture is just wrong

20 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Without the qualifiers the TV would  have known the fixtures months and months away. It would still have been able to set the fixture if needed several weeks as opposed to days away.

Correct, at the moment we have about a third of the season with unknown fixtures, its insane. Goodbye and thanks for all the fish.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 hour ago, Rach said:

Fantastic. I am a Skolars season ticket holder and now can't get to the game as I already have an arrangement in the evening. My mate I was going with is in the same position and is saying he may not bother with a season ticket for next year now.

On 9/17/2018 at 2:21 PM, Kenilworth Tiger said:

While it is absolutely ridiculous I can't seeing it affecting more than about 7 people

Make that eight! I was going but since I ve already paid £37 to see Fulham v Watford I ll have to give it a miss. The Fulham KO is 1230 which would give me 30 minutes to go from Craven Cottage to Trailfinders

By public transport or even taxi no chance!

1 hour ago, bazzzz65 said:

Make that eight! I was going but since I ve already paid £37 to see Fulham v Watford I ll have to give it a miss. The Fulham KO is 1230 which would give me 30 minutes to go from Craven Cottage to Trailfinders

By public transport or even taxi no chance!

Taxi would do it in 30mins

2 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

What are you on?

It’s a sensible move. 

What's the actual crossover of London fans? So London has two teams, with a fan base that supports London rather than one team or specific club? If that's the case why are Skolars crowds not similar to Broncos then? 

We now have to travel to London to a different ground when people have booked accommodation in the area near New River.Transport plans have to change. That's ok then is it?

Kick off time changed to benefit London but to hell with travelling fans. Yeah massively sensible.

How are Skolars/Broncos splitting the gate? 

Changing a venue/ko with 3 days notice in this case is crazy.

As above some Skolars fans cant make the game either and seem disillusioned with the sport, is that benefitting Skolars too?

4 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

What are you on?

It’s a sensible move. 

You have obviously been at the pipe again, people in London don't give a monkeys about Rugby League, and now you are saying that the miniscule number that do actually turn out support both teams, that idea makes the pathetic level of support even more ridiculous. 

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:39 PM, scotchy1 said:

Im not sure the sunday slot is all that popular with TV for RL because largely it is taken up with Football, maybe during the summer.

I would like to see the game try and get all SL games televised, 1 thursday, 1 friday, 4 saturday, and then leave Sundays entirely free for lower league RL so if they do get a tv deal they can sell slots at 1pm and (if they can get it)6pm with all the other games played at 3pm Sunday to minimise cannibalising the attendance with TV viewership.

Can I have some of what you are on?

6 SL games live over 3 days and a couple more Championship games on a Sunday!

Do you think you are RU??

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:02 PM, nadera78 said:

I don't know whether Salford requested the move or not, but the Broncos say they were informed of the change at 10am Monday morning. Being told you're playing a game in only 5 days time is pathetic. It's not only difficult for Salford fans but London too because the club draws people from all over the city and even the south east. To make matters worse, the RFL told inconvenienced fans the change was made at Broncos' request...

And then, a few hours later, we're told the Halifax game the following week is being changed. I now can't make that one, but I suppose we should be thankful they've at least bothered to inform us in advance. 

The RFL really just doesn't give a monkey's about anyone.

Now, that is NOT true and a slur!

While they not think much/ever about supporters or what is best for the game, they spend a lot of time thinking about people: specifically THEIR lunch, THEIR salary, THEIR expense account, THEIR fact finding trips to New York/Toronto/LA/Dubai/Hong Kong, and now they have hired a new PR team -  we will realise all the hard work they do for little reward - because they love rugby ( some one will have to tell them at some point this isn't union - Big Nigel has them all convinced and given  them all a "RFU" scarf before he went.

13 hours ago, Lobbygobbler said:

Taxi would do it in 30mins

Impossible! Ten minutes to walk to Fulham Palace Road. Hail a taxi,go through Hammersmith Saturday afternoon traffic,along the Great West Road towards Ealing. Then if the driver has heard of the Trailfinders ground I may get there by half time!

14 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

What's the actual crossover of London fans? So London has two teams, with a fan base that supports London rather than one team or specific club? If that's the case why are Skolars crowds not similar to Broncos then? 

We now have to travel to London to a different ground when people have booked accommodation in the area near New River.Transport plans have to change. That's ok then is it?

Kick off time changed to benefit London but to hell with travelling fans. Yeah massively sensible.

How are Skolars/Broncos splitting the gate? 

Changing a venue/ko with 3 days notice in this case is crazy.

As above some Skolars fans cant make the game either and seem disillusioned with the sport, is that benefitting Skolars too?

I’m a Skolars fan not a Broncos one (although I wish them well). I live in east London not west. My family are Skolars season ticket holders. We can’t now watch the last game of the season. (Guessing Oldham fans will be even more unhappy and they bring a fair few down normally). This isn’t acceptable. A week or so ago the owner asked me to sponsor this game (I normally sponsor one a season) really glad I didn’t. 

There is some cross over in spectators between the clubs, but not many. 

This seems an appropriate end to a pretty dismal season for us.

Archived