Sign in to follow this  
PatrickB

Toronto Sends Bussey Packing (Merged Threads)

Toronto Wolfpack just announced that Bussey has been sent home following the (apparent) biting incident on Saturday.

"Toronto Wolfpack can confirm that following this weekend’s game the Club has stood Jack Bussey down from the team camp. He will be returning to the UK with immediate effect."

Edited by PatrickB
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, PatrickB said:

Toronto Wolfpack just announced that Bussey has been sent home following the (apparent) biting incident on Saturday.

"Toronto Wolfpack can confirm that following this weekend’s game the Club has stood Jack Bussey down from the team camp. He will be returning to the UK with immediate effect."

I really don't know what he was thinking....biting cannot be tolerated at all in any sport....dumb....dumb...dumber.

• Like 3

He certainly bit off more than he could chew. I wonder if that's the last time we will see him in a Toronto jersey

• Like 7

Would he have a mouth guard in ? Really bizarre whenever you see that. God knows what players are thinking 

Edited by DavidM

2 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

That’s not necessarily an admission of guilt. I’d imagine he’ll be required at RFL HQ to answer his case and that may be why he’s on his way to England

You don't have to show up in person - Catalans players have appeared by phone / Skype etc.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Would he have a mouth guard in ? Really bizarre whenever you see that. God knows what players are thinking 

I thought that. Then a few minutes after the incident and in the same part of the field a mouthguard could clearly be seen lying on the pitch. As no one tried to retrieve it I did wonder if it belonged to Bussey.

The romantic in me says well done for such decisive action.

The cynic says with a 3 match ban plus? He's already been identified as not good enough for next season.

A red card waiting to happen.

Bussey and Emmit where the trouble makers last year and Emmit has done wonders in cleaning his act up and Bussye hasn't done anything. Sad that this was his lats game for us. He was never making the cut next year but now it will be harder for him to find a new club.

It may just be me,but he didn't seem to have any discipline problems at London Broncos,under Andrew Henderson.

I don't recall too much of a problem when he was younger,at Featherstone.

I did read this,last year, https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/621838/Toronto-Wolfpack-Jack-Bussey-Super-League-Rugby-Thyroid-Cancer-One-Canada

so I would hope he has received some counselling and support since then.

The last biting incident - Miloudi and Hill didn't go anywhere.

hes received a ton of support from the team and the fans and has said so on multiple occasions. He was a bit if a wild card in league 1 last year before he had the scare.

Something has changed with Jack, he wasn't like this in younger days at Featherstone and I don't believe at London either. 

On his day, a very good Championship player - so what's gone on?

Rowleys teams seem to revel in being over physical and intimidating and you run the risk of crossing the line 

• Like 2

To be fair...he hasn't been found guilty of anything yet...he did not receive a penalty and it went on report....there is a due process to be followed here.  Lets not put the cart before the horse but it certainly does not look good at the moment....I think its only fair to wait for the decision.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

I really don't know what he was thinking....biting cannot be tolerated at all in any sport....dumb....dumb...dumber.

1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

To be fair...he hasn't been found guilty of anything yet...he did not receive a penalty and it went on report....there is a due process to be followed here.  Lets not put the cart before the horse but it certainly does not look good at the moment....I think its only fair to wait for the decision.

Come on Kman at least show some consistency. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, deluded pom? said:

Come on Kman at least show some consistency. 

I am...it appears he might of bitten someone....I will await the outcome of the hearing and give him the benefit of the doubt until he gets a judgement.....over here we call it common law.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I am...it appears he might of bitten someone....I will await the outcome of the hearing and give him the benefit of the doubt until he gets a judgement.....over here we call it common law.

I thought you were a school teacher Kman? It’s might have not might of. Tsk. 3 out 10.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

The last biting incident - Miloudi and Hill didn't go anywhere.

That's because Hill made a fool of himself by dropping his forearm into a prone player's mouth and wondered why he had teeth marks! 

Bussey up for Grade F for the bite and get Grade B for a high tackle.  1 match for the  high shot and has to wait for the Tribunals decision regarding the other.

He can run, but he can’t hide.

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

The video is pretty unambiguous. Tomorrow night he'll be receiving one almighty ban and rightly so.

Was always a penalty machine at Fev and has got steadily more of a liability as he's got older.

The kid has plenty of natural talent, but as is often the case, he's also saddled with a massive idiot streak.

• Like 1