Sign in to follow this  
MattSantos

If people are rude/selfish. Do you say owt?

This morning, whilst I'm stood on the bus, the woman in the seat next to me shoves me out of the way so that she can scan her card and wait by the exit to be 1st off the bus. I was getting off too and asked her why she felt the need to bash me and my wife with her bag just so that she could get off 1st. Pathetic. 

Same bus a few month back, getting on through the chaotic queue, a man pushed in from of everyone to make sure he got a seat, leaving middle aged women to stand. I called him out on it and had an 'argument' on the same bus as he couldn't take it that i called him rude and selfish. 

2 public showings and now I'm questioning whether i should bother or to not; made me wonder, does anybody else question rude people? 

A grumpy old man says -  Not so much question them as to make a comment. If I stand back and open a door for someone, bump into someone and apologise and they don't acknowledge the fact ( a nod of the head or a smile will do ) then I will say something like 'No that's ok, no need to thank me, you just carry on.'  Thing is, most people seem so surprised when you make a comment, they usually apologise.

The wife tells me off and says one day I'll get into trouble, but rude and selfish people do annoy me.

• Like 5

I prefer the ancient tyke method, just punch the bast**d.

1 hour ago, Exiled Townie said:

A grumpy old man says -  Not so much question them as to make a comment. If I stand back and open a door for someone, bump into someone and apologise and they don't acknowledge the fact ( a nod of the head or a smile will do ) then I will say something like 'No that's ok, no need to thank me, you just carry on.'  Thing is, most people seem so surprised when you make a comment, they usually apologise.

The wife tells me off and says one day I'll get into trouble, but rude and selfish people do annoy me.

Yes true , the odd conment  under the breath or aside to them like that , but I also get told be careful one day you’ll get caved in . Which is sad in itself , but it is difficult. I do find there’s a lot more rudeness , disrespect and folk who just don’t care around nowadays . 

• Like 1

If I let anyone out into a road (in car obvs) and they don't acknowledge it. I follow them home and batter them.

It's only fair.

• Like 9
  • Haha 5

Woman in a supermarket on the tills had a shocking manner , face like bad fat , said nowt other than shouting a bit of gossip at the next till and at the end after I brusquely got “ 20.99 “   I gave her a look and she actually said ‘ oh I’m sorry for offending you ‘ . Didn’t know what to say !!

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Woman in a supermarket on the tills had a shocking manner , face like bad fat , said nowt other than shouting a bit of gossip at the next till and at the end after I brusquely got “ 20.99 “   I gave her a look and she actually said ‘ oh I’m sorry for offending you ‘ . Didn’t know what to say !!

You go and say it to her manager.

worst case you’ll get some vouchers to spend in store, best case she may actually get put right.

8 minutes ago, Shadow said:

You go and say it to her manager.

worst case you’ll get some vouchers to spend in store, best case she may actually get put right.

im in love with the  girl on the Manchester virgin mega store checkout desk

Edited by graveyard johnny

11 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

I don’t think telling her manager will get you any luck 

• Haha 3

Just now, DavidM said:

I don’t think telling her manager will get you any luck 

Might get you banned from the Manchester Virgin Megastore though 

Do I respond to rude/selfish people? I live in London, and life's too short to bother every single time.

Most people like that are too stupid to understand that they're not the centre of the universe, so you're wasting your breath on them anyway.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

Funny, that reminds me of a couple of song titles 🐟

1 hour ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

You could have stopped there! 😉

Its not a patch on Singapore. Its death by a 1000 small little cuts

As a keen cyclist I get this behaviour and worse multiple times every day, we call it MGIF, must get in front. It never 'saves' them any time, but what it does do is make you feel uncomfortable at best, at worst it can be damn scary/feel fear of harm and in some cases actually ends up with you being physically hurt or worse. It gets to the point where quite a few simply give up cycling (both for utility and leisure) because of it, it's also one of the reasons why people on bikes take to the footway/footpaths as well as react after the umpteenth time of someone cutting you up.

And yes every time someone is rude, man or woman I'll say something, people will go through life thinking their actions are acceptable to the majority or are too selfish to give a stuff about anyone except themselves.

This summer there was a guy who turned turned into the road that runs right next to the local park at speed, if there had been children/family walking along the road (it does often especially during the warmer months) he would have wiped them out. So I shouted to him to slow down, he brakes abruptly and gets out, properly snarling, and begins to threaten to kill me and find out where I live blah blah blah. His partner gets out and says "don't" and intimates he's a proper nutjob, I'd gathered that already. His mocking and threatening tone, his prison tats, I just told him he won't do poop, he's all mouth. He didn't come up to me and there's no way I would stand down to bully's like that, particularly not oxygen-wasters that can and do end up killing people through their own selfish actions. I even said to him, what if that was your kid walking back from the park and you were driving like that around the bend, he wouldn't have any of it.

So he left after saying the town was small and he'd find me. I was thinking well you don't need to find me, I'm already here.

There's rarely justice in the world and people like that should be eradicated for the safety of society., not quite the same as being pushed on the bus I guess ;)

I remember quite a few years back, having this knobhead driving about 10cm behind me for quite a while, so I braked sharp purposely and made him stop harshly. I could see him gesturing but just ignored it. When I got home though, he'd actually followed me and pulled up across the road.

I went over and just said 'what?' and he drove off....but it was a bit unnerving to think this guy knew where I lived, especially as the kids were young at the time. Nothing happened like, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a bit scary.

The other day I was waiting patiently for a lift at the multi story in Warrington. There was a couple in front of me who were ahead of me in the queue, so when it arrived they went in, but from my right hand side a lady walked straight in front of me to go in the lift to get the last place (it was pretty full). I didn’t say anything in the end (more due to my hangover, that lead to bit of apathy) just gave her the “look” and she turned back to look into the crowded lift

Not all bad as the next lift was completely empty 😜

Edited by Spidey

George was pal of mine who lived in a series of ground floor flats. He was a bit of a rough handful.  A bloke who lived nearby was walking his dog which crapped on George's path just as he was arriving home from work. George dashed inside got a small coal shovel and scooped the ###### up.

He knew the guy lived close by so he followed him home with the shovel behind his back.

When the guy opened his front door George flung the ###### into his hallway  saying " I think this belongs to you pal ! "

• Haha 1

If people are rude/selfish. Do you say owt?

Yes and No all depends on how I feel

What a place to ask!

It depends.

I’ve had people stop their car and threaten to murder me, a motorcyclist get between my bicycle and the gutter to force me into traffic, bottles thrown at me while I cycle, lasers pointed at my eyes while cycling, pinned to a seat by an angry guy pointing the end of a hunting knife into my bare chest, a gang of youths hurl rocks at me, been shot at and a few other things...

So considering I’ve seen when people go a bit aggro I really try to pick my battles and hope the real nutcases suffer something horrible at some point into the future.