Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

23 Sept: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

Recommended Posts

Discuss this weekend's Betfred League 1 games here.

SATURDAY 22nd SEPTEMBER
London Skolars v Oldham KO 3pm
Coventry Bears v Hunslet KO 3pm

SUNDAY 23rd SEPTEMBER
Newcastle Thunder v West Wales Raiders KO 3pm
Doncaster v Workington Town KO 3pm (Our league app)
Keighley Cougars v North Wales Crusaders KO 3pm
York City Knights v Whitehaven KO 3pm
Bradford Bulls v Hemel Stags KO 3pm
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SATURDAY 

London Skolars 16-34 Oldham 
Coventry Bears 28-26 Hunslet 

SUNDAY

Newcastle Thunder 104-0 West Wales Raiders 
Doncaster 18-25 Workington Town 
Keighley Cougars 16-30 North Wales Crusaders 
York City Knights 42-10 Whitehaven 
Bradford Bulls 98-0 Hemel Stags 
 

Edited by Moscow01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Donny v Town is a dead rubber, both guaranteed 3rd and 4th respectively. Not sure why they have chosen this game as the live stream. Speaking as a Town fan I don’t care what the result is as long as we have a clean bill of health for the repeat fixture next week. This is just a fixture to get out of the way for both teams as a pre-amble to next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about Bears v Hunslet and Skolars Oldham both on Saturday ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Discuss this weekend's Betfred League 1 games here.

SUNDAY 23rd SEPTEMBER
Newcastle Thunder v West Wales Raiders KO 3pm
Doncaster v Workington Town KO 3pm (Our league app)
Keighley Cougars v North Wales Crusaders KO 3pm
York City Knights v Whitehaven KO 3pm
Bradford Bulls v Hemel Stags KO 3pm
 

Newcastle, Workington, Hunslet, Oldham, Keighley, Bradford and York to win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rach said:

What about Bears v Hunslet and Skolars Oldham both on Saturday ?

 

Oops!

Copy n paste error on my part.

Sorted now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was quite looking forward to travelling to Kingston Park.

I was recently reminded it is 10 years since Gateshead Thunder won promotion after defeating a Doncaster side owned by the chap who is now an agent,coached by Ellery Hanley,Luke Gale and Briggs among many more-than-useful players.

I remember,of course,how well Thunder coach Jason Payne reacted to the awful postponement of the first game,after schlepping all the way down to Llanelli from the furthest geographical outpost of the 3 divisions,and how well he went public to show support for West Wales Raiders after one of their extremely large defeats.

I was cheered last night,when I was surprised by a Labour councillor,female of course as they are the finest gender,who summarised our sport prior to recent events, - “The values of the sport are inclusivity and having a family feel''

Source - https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastles-bid-host-rugby-league-15170537

Then I discovered the referee - the very same who has officiated the world record defeat at Bootham Crescent,and at the stadium of the brother club of York,Featherstone,when Doncaster scored quite a few - over 100,actually.

Now it seems dual reg is permissable next year.

But,I'm not disappointed,lots of tries may result in Kevin and co.losing their voices.Ms Kim McGuinness,should she attend,can attempt to persuade me from being apolitical to having an interest in her party,( it won't work ),and the opportunity to see West Wales Raiders win their only game of the season cannot be missed.

  I hope Carl Forster and his Whitehaven players can  manage to put another wonderful 80 minutes together,against all the odds.

  I have lost any interest in Doncaster and Workington if suggestions that they went against the Championship and League 1 Advisory Panel are correct.I hope the Bradford Bulls players hammer them in the play-offs should those games come about.

 It'll be an extra bonus if our coach for next year can recover from his peregrinations and be in attendance.

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Donny v Town is a dead rubber, both guaranteed 3rd and 4th respectively. Not sure why they have chosen this game as the live stream. Speaking as a Town fan I don’t care what the result is as long as we have a clean bill of health for the repeat fixture next week. This is just a fixture to get out of the way for both teams as a pre-amble to next week.

I agree, I get why it was chosen a few weeks ago but it's the worst game of the round. Pretty sure both teams will have unusual team choices with an eye on the week after. We should have a game between the fans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Drake said:

Discuss this weekend's Betfred League 1 games here.

SATURDAY 22nd SEPTEMBER
London Skolars v Oldham KO 3pm
Coventry Bears v Hunslet KO 3pm

SUNDAY 23rd SEPTEMBER
Newcastle Thunder v West Wales Raiders KO 3pm
Doncaster v Workington Town KO 3pm (Our league app)
Keighley Cougars v North Wales Crusaders KO 3pm
York City Knights v Whitehaven KO 3pm
Bradford Bulls v Hemel Stags KO 3pm
 

Looking for a reaction to last week's error-fuelled performance to finish on a win...play like we can and it's a done deal :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I was quite looking forward to travelling to Kingston Park.

I was recently reminded it is 10 years since Gateshead Thunder won promotion after defeating a Doncaster side owned by the chap who is now an agent,coached by Ellery Hanley,Luke Gale and Briggs among many more-than-useful players.

I remember,of course,how well Thunder coach Jason Payne reacted to the awful postponement of the first game,after schlepping all the way down to Llanelli from the furthest geographical outpost of the 3 divisions,and how well he went public to show support for West Wales Raiders after one of their extremely large defeats.

I was cheered last night,when I was surprised by a Labour councillor,female of course as they are the finest gender,who summarised our sport prior to recent events, - “The values of the sport are inclusivity and having a family feel''

Source - https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastles-bid-host-rugby-league-15170537

Then I discovered the referee - the very same who has officiated the world record defeat at Bootham Crescent,and at the stadium of the brother club of York,Featherstone,when Doncaster scored quite a few - over 100,actually.

Now it seems dual reg is permissable next year.

But,I'm not disappointed,lots of tries may result in Kevin and co.losing their voices.Ms Kim McGuinness,should she attend,can attempt to persuade me from being apolitical to having an interest in her party,( it won't work ),and the opportunity to see West Wales Raiders win their only game of the season cannot be missed.

  I hope Carl Forster and his Whitehaven players can  manage to put another wonderful 80 minutes together,against all the odds.

  I have lost any interest in Doncaster and Workington if suggestions that they went against the Championship and League 1 Advisory Panel are correct.I hope the Bradford Bulls players hammer them in the play-offs should those games come about.

 It'll be an extra bonus if our coach for next year can recover from his peregrinations and be in attendance.

  

What a sad person you are.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Angelic Cynic is indeed a very sad person.  He wishes all the worst for Doncaster and Workington because they allegedly voted one way but in the previous paragraph he praises Whitehaven and wishes them nothing but well even though they also allegedly voted the same way.  What a clown!!!!!

Edited by Keith T
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

What a sad person you are.

I give you credit if you deciphered all that 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to doing  a double for the end of the season and attending  what could be two cracking games this weekend  

Nothing between Cougars and Crusaders on Sunday whilst the day before, think the Bears could just end the season on a high and sneak a win against Hunslet if they can reproduce the level of performance from the Haven game last week 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jemmo said:

I agree, I get why it was chosen a few weeks ago but it's the worst game of the round. Pretty sure both teams will have unusual team choices with an eye on the week after. We should have a game between the fans

You can always watch Bradford vs Hemel. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jemmo said:

I agree, I get why it was chosen a few weeks ago but it's the worst game of the round. Pretty sure both teams will have unusual team choices with an eye on the week after. We should have a game between the fans

Town dont have much choice and the luxury of who they field as they only have 19 fit and available most weeks .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

Town dont have much choice and the luxury of who they field as they only have 19 fit and available most weeks .

wooooo and that coming from a Jam Eater..Not doing to bad then...  with a minimum squad ..look at your own  club before knocking Town on public forums.....I think we are in a healthier position than you guys.... looking to the future.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, yanto said:

wooooo and that coming from a Jam Eater..Not doing to bad then...  with a minimum squad ..look at your own  club before knocking Town on public forums.....I think we are in a healthier position than you guys.... looking to the future.

I wasn't knocking anyone mate I was stating a fact and pointing out that Doncaster are fortunate to have the choice of resting and changing players .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I didn't have a season ticket, I probably wouldn't go to Odsal this week.

However, I will go to the reserves game with Halifax on Friday night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our Welsh friend has no need to post their West Wales report on Sunday, as I've already done it:

 

It was not to be for the Raiders of West Wales as they lost 116-0 at the expansion Newcastle team. A match that owed a great deal to the standard of the referee, he of course who oversaw a record defeat to a DR laden York team. Meanwhile Hull KR - they of York DR fame - are safe in the top league for another season, perhaps they can help out the Rovers of Featherstone with some players. That's if York don't mind, with them being linked to the West Yorkshire counterparts.

Jason Payne, once a struggling coach himself, congratulated West Wales on their superb performance, and even John Kear, ex Wales coach and supporter of the game, phoned in his well wishes. If teams finished based on how nice they are to the furthest outpost club, Newcastle and Bradford would finish joint top and York bottom.

Meanwhile 90 miles away, the evil Peter Martini at York Press failed to mention West Wales in his report, perhaps the lesson has been learned and he's realised putting off players of the sport of rugby league in Llanelli is not in his job description.

As for the match itself, the Raiders were up against it from the off as another 27 players joined the Wales U12 team in Luxembourg, leaving the outpost side to start the game with 9 players. 9 is still less than the number York had on Dual Reg in the game against Whitehaven.

I live in constant expectation ahead of 2019.

 

😉

  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Michael Gledhill said:

You can always watch Bradford vs Hemel. 

There may be a secret option number 3...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday



Rugby League World - Sept 2018

Rugby League World - Sept 2018

Rugby League Books On Sale Here