22 Sept: The Qualifiers: Toronto Wolfpack v Widnes Vikings KO 5.30pm (UK time)

Who will win?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toronto Wolfpack
    • Widnes Vikings
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/09/18 at 16:30

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Toronto needs the win and Widnes are on the way down...Toronto by 5234 to nothing.

Only 5234? Don't forget to include the 2nd half as well. 

it's a must win for both teams. Widnes carps still have a shot at the MPG if they win this and for us the craps at home vs Leeds away are theoretically the better chance for 2 points to give us a thanksgiving Sunday game (thanks for giving me nothing RFL) at the Den.

i see us winning bu 6-12 points., we really need to put in a whole shift.

1 hour ago, Krzzystuff said:

it's a must win for both teams. Widnes carps still have a shot at the MPG if they win this and for us the craps at home vs Leeds away are theoretically the better chance for 2 points to give us a thanksgiving Sunday game (thanks for giving me nothing RFL) at the Den.

i see us winning bu 6-12 points., we really need to put in a whole shift.

I think you will need to as well. Widnes have clearly not been much good, but they are a SL club team for now. TWP need to tell us just what they are .

23 minutes ago, Eleftherios said:

Toronto with home advantage to show their teeth in the battle for promotion.

The Pack is hungry and the Pack will feed .  The last time Vikings came this way was under Leif The Lucky over 1000 years AGO....they were driven off and then told, at that time, not to come back....we will reteach the lesson yet once again since the Vikings seem to have a hearing problem.

Widnes to concede first, then get back in lead by halftime.  Then have a dozy ten  minutes at the start of the second half, followed by an interception in last five minutes to ###### it all up! OR Widnes by 30! Man's gotta dream!

Widnes have their back well and truly against the wall. its their last shot in all honesty so they will be very dangerous. our boys will need to be one their A game and put in a  whole game performance vs just 40 spread out over the 80 somehow. However I think that the team that finished 1st in the past two seasons will beat the team that finished last the past two seasons.

I can see Widnes winning this one, because:

They have broken their long run string of defeats = improvement in confidence

They are a Super League team, with their backs to the wall

They are well used to playing on a synthetic surface as well 

Toronto only just beat Toulouse, luckily at that, and are hardly in the greatest of form

Bussey the biter is bad for Toronto morale

Widnes by 7

9 hours ago, RoyBoy295 said:

Widnes have learned how to win again, their survival in SL is huge with this game.

I dont think they will be the pushover some are claiming.

Why are people now saying that Widnes are in form now? They beat Halifax after losing 19 odd games in a row. They are on the ropes and this is their last chance.  If Toronto can get a couple of early scores they should be fine, as Widnes' confidence must be very low.  The longer that Widnes can stay in the game the more dangerous they will be.

Widnes have the wherefore to win this, depends how some individuals turn up, the lazy sod Krisnan Inu if puts his heart into it and plays as he can will go a long way to ensuring victory, Mellor has to return to the halfs, Wolfpack really struggle in this dept, Wallace more of an individual than a team player, OK running against part timers, and McCrone he is always on the field but does anybody really notice.

Wolfpack forwards not really that impressive, Dixon by far the best, and Ackers when he comes on up's the anti somewhat, if Widnes can get big energetic minutes from their young forwards they can tire out the Dads army TWP lot up front.

Home advantage for me is TWP's best weapon not very impressive last week though, a very dubious, rephrase, no a try that should not have been awarded - pictorial evidence - proves that, and a bad convertion attempt by Tolouse lost them that game, had that score line been reversed this fixture along with next week at Headingley would have been about the Wolfpacks fight for MPG, at the outset of the eights I did not expect TWP to beat any SL team, and stated so, I have not seen any evidence to make me change my mind, Widnes can go a long way with bad attitude to losing this game, head strong and they win it.

Widnes by 8.

I fully expect Toronto to win this one, probably narrowly... 

BUT if Widnes can somehow find a way to win this, they could be on for the greatest comeback since Lazarus! 
By winning this game they would most likely be level on points with the Broncos & Toulouse, and just one win behind Toronto, with one game to play all round!

Would make for a very exciting last round of games

Also, what a shame that there's no continuation of the middle 8s next season - or rather a shorter, post-season version involving say bottom 2 of SL and top 2 of the Champ, or second-bottom and 2-4, etc. - it's such an exciting competition with must win games every week and so much on the line!

Archived