John Drake

20 Sept: Super 8s: Huddersfield Giants v Wigan Warriors KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

20 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Wigan Warriors
    • Draw

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/20/2018 at 06:45 PM

Having gone on that glorious run, I wonder whether the Giants will be thinking ahead to the off season now, while we still have our eyes on a home semi. Given the number of unfamiliar names in the Giants’ 19, I think we should be fine. Our defence has been particularly sharp these last few weeks, and I think we can expect another tough showing. If we do get over the line, the top 4 will all be set in stone, so that we can expect some interesting squads for the final round...

oh, and bravo Leuluai - 250 games for us and 400 plus overall. He has come a long way from the plucky half I used to watch at the Broncos. Good player, great man. 

Pointless game really, probably going to be no more than a post/pre season friendly for us, although the extra £25k could come in handy.

It's a shame that a lot of our best academy lads are called up, as most of us would rather we took our strongest team to Wigan for the semi final on Saturday

22 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Having gone on that glorious run, I wonder whether the Giants will be thinking ahead to the off season now, while we still have our eyes on a home semi. Given the number of unfamiliar names in the Giants’ 19, I think we should be fine. Our defence has been particularly sharp these last few weeks, and I think we can expect another tough showing. If we do get over the line, the top 4 will all be set in stone, so that we can expect some interesting squads for the final round...

oh, and bravo Leuluai - 250 games for us and 400 plus overall. He has come a long way from the plucky half I used to watch at the Broncos. Good player, great man. 

That about says it for me.

Geez Huddersfield have some seriously dumb players. Good kick one second, ruin it with two stupid penalties and concede a try the next.

Awful conditions, though. The great leveller. Hudds not out of this yet.

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Huddersfield 0-6 Wigan HT. 

Is it me or have the Thursday games been mostly rubbish this season?

Conditions are awful so it's only to be expected tonight but in general the Thursday games have a really flat feeling about them. They're clearly unpopular with many fans.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Pitiful crowd. 

Yes, I do pity them. They must be soaked through. 

5 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Conditions are awful so it's only to be expected tonight but in general the Thursday games have a really flat feeling about them. They're clearly unpopular with many fans.

I thought they had good viewer numbers, though. 

Just now, Ullman said:

I’m not disputing what you’re saying but we now live in a world where we can watch live sport on tv’s, tablets, phones etc and we can watch pretty much everywhere, seeing multiple replays on various incidents on perfectly clear devices. Why would you schlep to Huddersfield on a wet Thursday night when you could watch it at home/in bed/the pub/work etc?

6 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

I’m not disputing what you’re saying but we now live in a world where we can watch live sport on tv’s, tablets, phones etc and we can watch pretty much everywhere, seeing multiple replays on various incidents on perfectly clear devices. Why would you schlep to Huddersfield on a wet Thursday night when you could watch it at home/in bed/the pub/work etc?

You make a good point but people seem much more likely to go for those options for the Thursday games. Understandable on several counts.

11 minutes ago, Ullman said:

They should have a ‘weekend starts here’ feeling but in reality they have more like a ‘back to work after Christmas’ feeling 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

the quality of this game has been appalling.

The conditions haven't helped but in general it isn't a great advert.

Partington and Hamlin are very dirty players.

Wigan just have to slow down a bit and this ref gives a penalty. Usually it takes a bit of ranting by Sam.

• Like 1