Halifax 

Batley 

Dewsbury 

York

Barrow 

and possibly any from rochdale swinton workington doncaster 

That should be a very good competitive league next season 

3 hours ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

I can see next season in the championship being a bit farcical,if widnes spend the 500k wisely and whoever from toronto/tolouse doesn't get promoted continue in the same vein,then the rest of us will just be making up numbers 

You can't predict that yet, 500K for Leigh this year, and they were only making up the numbers in the Championship.

52 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

Once again.for the hard of hearing,IF WIDNES spend the money wisely!!!!

Easier said than done.

4 hours ago, redjonn said:

For sure their fans wouldn't have wanted Widnes relegated, but it must have been awful watching the team lose so much. At least being on the Championship should see them able to rebuild and for fans to see more winning. I have a soft spot for them because my departed Ma-in-law always looked for their result in the local paper as the first thing she read.

Given the teams in the Championship next year it should be a healthy competition and with a play-offs the end of season should be exciting. Whilst losing SL TV monies they should still be optimistic of fighting for and even to be in play-offs.    Just maybe they can sustain a healthy fan base and with an exciting competition maybe have a good future.

They always bring a good away following which ensures a good atmosphere at Batley.

1 hour ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

Once again.for the hard of hearing,IF WIDNES spend the money wisely!!!!

Widnes will hopefully use the money for it's intended purpose, which is stabilizing the club, rather than buying a bunch of aging former SL/NRL players and then going bust a year later.

Feel for our Widnes friends and will miss the derbies and banter. Saying that the writing has been on the wall for a while, with S Occonor emigrating and management decisions, couple that with poor player recruitment. 

Sure they may lose talented youngsters but time to take stock, make the right decisions and hopefully get it right on the field and return to SL.  It wont be easy though.

Edited by Tiger Wolf

9 hours ago, Evil Homer said:

Widnes will hopefully use the money for it's intended purpose, which is stabilizing the club, rather than buying a bunch of aging former SL/NRL players and then going bust a year later.

Apparently a condition of the parachute money last year was it was spent on player contracts , wether that will apply next season ?

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Apparently a condition of the parachute money last year was it was spent on player contracts , wether that will apply next season ?

Has that been confirmed officially or just rumour? 

14 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

A couple of points to make:

1. They spent far more than that this season and it got them nowhere.

2. Leigh spent far more than that this season and it got them nowhere.

Money does not correlate to success, maybe they need to ask Halifax how they do things.

What have Halifax achieved? I hear they are doing well as a club but they don’t appear to be going anywhere!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iangidds said:

What have Halifax achieved? I hear they are doing well as a club but they don’t appear to be going anywhere!

They have achieved the top 4 for the third time in 4 seasons, once more than my team, and on a budget far less than Fev's, or the other full time squads in the Championship for that matter. They play with a spirit and as a team where no one is a mega star or has any delusions of grandeur. Some things money can't buy and Fax seem to have mastered the art of getting the most out of a limited squad on limited funds.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

2 wins in SL and 1 in the qualifiers what now for them?

Three wins in SL actually 😜 including current Challenge Cup Holders & reigning SL Champions 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

It would be a pointless rule as whatever money you saved by using the £500k on players wages. You could then spend that money on whatever you wanted. 

21 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

It would be a pointless rule as whatever money you saved by using the £500k on players wages. You could then spend that money on whatever you wanted. 

Hence why I think it’s a rumour rather than fact. Supporting a club make the transition to the Championship without laying off everyone will be the intent of the payment; players and staff alike.

On 9/23/2018 at 11:35 AM, Mr Plow said:

At least no ones complaining about contracts being ripped up

When I saw this I was quite shocked. Yes the players are in another country and deserve some downtime but this? A good coach would have had them quietly reflecting and maybe a couple of beers in the hotel bar together as a squad.

Looks like a team that doesn't care one bit. I'm sorry but that falls flat at the feet of Cummins, no way on gods green earth is he a head coach let alone a SL one

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thepimp007 said:

When I saw this I was quite shocked. Yes the players are in another country and deserve some downtime but this? A good coach would have had them quietly reflecting and maybe a couple of beers in the hotel bar together as a squad.

Looks like a team that doesn't care one bit. I'm sorry but that falls flat at the feet of Cummins, no way on gods green earth is he a head coach let alone a SL one

it’s naive to think rugby players going on a trip like this would not be having a night out. Looks to me like they’ve had something to eat and a few beers hardly the crime of the century. 

28 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

it’s naive to think rugby players going on a trip like this would not be having a night out. Looks to me like they’ve had something to eat and a few beers hardly the crime of the century. 

Its not the being out, its the loud carrying on. Totally get it I really do its a one off trip. But the magnitude of the game for them (although they probably wouldn't have got out of it) and leaving careers and jobs on the line and giving themselves a fighting chance, that could have waited until their mad monday for me. I actually think they could do worse than Bobbie Goulding going forward, local lad big affinity with the club and passionate about it

22 minutes ago, thepimp007 said:

Its not the being out, its the loud carrying on. Totally get it I really do its a one off trip. But the magnitude of the game for them (although they probably wouldn't have got out of it) and leaving careers and jobs on the line and giving themselves a fighting chance, that could have waited until their mad monday for me. I actually think they could do worse than Bobbie Goulding going forward, local lad big affinity with the club and passionate about it

They were heartbroken on the field after the game...the cameras probably didn't show it...just heartbroken the whole bunch of them...left it all on the field....i say cut them a break....letting off steam.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

i say cut them a break....letting off steam.

Then they should have stayed in the Hotel in a private function room, not be in a public bar with club colours on.

• Like 2

That video looks to me like Widnes players and fans sat together having a drink after what’s been a horrible year for the club. They've sung a song, what’s bad about that? From the mess that I can make out, it’s not offensive, nobody seems intimidated and nobody is trying to stop them. 

Its hardly the ‘crime’ of the century. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thepimp007 said:

as you sit there disgusted and  ashamed of these players maybe you should think about the fact that they are the ones who put their bodies on the line and they are the ones who just lost their jobs. Yet instead of suilkinhg in their hotel rooms they are singing with the fans who traveled to support them after their second horrible year and maybe this was a way of them saying thank you and giving back to the fans. The fact that they are singing a Widnes song rather enthusiastically should be seen a positive no? 

Edited by Krzzystuff
  • Like 2

On 9/22/2018 at 8:05 PM, Wellsy4HullFC said:

They ain't coming straight back up. There will be two teams better than them in the league at least already. 

Next year should be a stabilising year. If they base it in promotion at all costs, it'll be a long year. 

Under the championship rules Widnes could finish 5th and pull of something freakish! This is what they voted for.  When would the registration deadline be.

23 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

The fact that they are singing a Widnes song rather enthusiastically should be seen a positive no? 

They are singing the Chelsea Ranger song, but changed to Widnes Ranger.

You need to Google the lyrics to the song and see if you still think it's still a positive.

• Haha 1

On 9/23/2018 at 10:10 AM, GeordieSaint said:

Well the Leigh Chairman claimed that that was so (in that open letter) when they relegated.

It seems wrong. The option should be to develop youth policy.