Sign in to follow this  
Futtocks

French Women's Origin Match: Live!

Go Wests!! or is it Allons Ouests!!

FT: West 34  East 14

Based on what I saw from L'Angleterre at last year's WC, I can't see the French Femmes beating them.  The basics are there. Passing and handling was generally good, tackle technique was good but needs more beef. Kicking was dreadful. I believe it was 29deg in Limoux and both halves got a bit ragged towards the end - perhaps the NRL idea of 30-minute halves might be worth trying. I saw a couple of good RL-thinking bits from Ouest. There was a first receiver running diagonally at the line to draw the A defender wider then an inside pass back to an angled runner. They also did the out-ball-in-ball through the middle of the ruck move.

Comparing it with NRLW: much slower, not as much whack in tackles and more basic attack.

20 hours ago, Farmduck said:

Based on what I saw from L'Angleterre at last year's WC, I can't see the French Femmes beating them.  The basics are there. Passing and handling was generally good, tackle technique was good but needs more beef. Kicking was dreadful. I believe it was 29deg in Limoux and both halves got a bit ragged towards the end - perhaps the NRL idea of 30-minute halves might be worth trying. I saw a couple of good RL-thinking bits from Ouest. There was a first receiver running diagonally at the line to draw the A defender wider then an inside pass back to an angled runner. They also did the out-ball-in-ball through the middle of the ruck move.

Comparing it with NRLW: much slower, not as much whack in tackles and more basic attack.

Based on what I saw before the buffering became to much to put up with, I'd agree with that.