Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RobertAM

Million pound game

just watched TOXIII take HullKR apart..hope we dont have to play them again..they are deadly when up against it.

if that is our fate we had better get it all together!

- if we have everyone firing on all cylinders I think we can take Leeds - as much as a Lamport MPG would be exciting I hope they pull this off! nerves are shot after the TOXIII drama and yesterdays close game

• Haha 1

Advantage Broncos. They play Halifax at home and they will know Toulouse and Toronto results. They will know exactly how many points to score to get promoted. Sky will not allow it but they should play the last games at the same time.

Of course the Wolfpack control their destiny, a win at Leeds and they are at least 4th. But the way they played their last 3 games, not gonna be enough for Leeds. True that with a win today at Halifax Leeds will be saved, but will they slow down against Toronto? 

Exciting week...

I'll be in Flanders on October 7, so if the MPG is at London, I'll jump on the first Eurostar.

• Like 1

What an exciting end to the season. I wish the games were all on at the same time, but then as it stands now it will be 4 days of watching results, because things could change daily. Before this weekend I would have said it was likely I would be watching the MPG in Toronto, now TWP might not need it to go up, they might host it, might have to travel to play in it or might miss out all together. Hey Sportsnet World, how about showing as many of these as possible. I would buy a subscription.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ojx said:

If results go as I suspect, the MPG will be Broncos vs Wolfpack in London.

That 20-0 half time lead that TWP surrendered to London and they only won 34-22 looms a little larger now. If they had not given up that extra 8 points in the 2nd half TWP's points difference would be 25 and London's -18. Could've, would've, should've. Ah well, guess TWP just have to beat Leeds.

Edited by Medway Bear

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Its going to be a war in Leeds...we need the win!

Here it is Kman. The game you've been waiting for this last two years. The Rhinos in their own backyard. Can you taste the Rhinos scent?

rldfsignature.jpg

2 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Here it is Kman. The game you've been waiting for this last two years. The Rhinos in their own backyard. Can you taste the Rhinos scent?

It is a great honour to play Leeds at home.  the best of the old meets the best of the new....hopefully the new stand will be finished.  This game had to happen eventually....turns out it was sooner rather than later.

Looking forward to a good game....Toronto by 12.

• Like 1

Well, Toulouse getting stomped takes some of the drama out of tomorrow's game. Toronto can't finish any lower than 5th at this point. Still 3rd place or home field for the MPG worth playing for tomorrow for sure though. A win or at least keeping it close should be the main goal.

3rd place...WP by 10

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Raz said:

Well, Toulouse getting stomped takes some of the drama out of tomorrow's game. Toronto can't finish any lower than 5th at this point. Still 3rd place or home field for the MPG worth playing for tomorrow for sure though. A win or at least keeping it close should be the main goal.

A win or a draw will mean TWP will not have to play the MPG in London or Toulouse and might mean automatic promotion. Still plenty to play for.

8 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

DUH!!!!

I know..I know Krzzy...but this happened before.... before the first Leigh game...some people doubting themselves and then look what happened, we beat them.  Same thing going to happen today.

Ticket Information for MPG. Looks like they really want to pack the place

Toronto Wolfpack will host the Rugby Football League’s (RFL) ‘Million Pound Game’ at Lamport Stadium on Sunday, October 7th (K.O. 2pm EDT) against London Broncos.

The game on Canadian Thanksgiving Sunday serves as a winner-takes-all playoff clash with the final position in the 2019 Super League on the line. With all 7 rounds of the ‘Super 8s The Qualifiers’ now complete the final playoff clash takes place between the teams finishing 4th (Toronto Wolfpack) and 5th (London Broncos). For more information on the game click here.

Ticket Information

To purchase tickets now please go to www.torontowolfpack.com/tickets.

Kids go Free

Building on the success of previous “kids go free” games on Canada Day Weekend and Labour Day Weekend, the Wolfpack will again extend free tickets to all Under 16s to encourage families to come together and enjoy a Thanksgiving celebration at The Den.

Adults can claim up to 2 free Junior Tickets with each purchase. Season Ticket Holders wishing to add juniors, or fans bringing bigger groups of juniors, can do so by emailing ticketing@torontowolfpack.com.

Season Ticket Holders / Members (Monday October 1st)

As a sign of appreciation for their support throughout the season all 2018 Season Ticket Holders will be granted 2 x ticket vouchers for the game, allowing access for them and a friend or family member.

Fans already signed up for 2019 Memberships will also be granted a ticket voucher. Emails will be sent at Monday lunchtime to communicate both offers and an exclusive link and password.

Anyone missing this email should contact ticketing@torontowolfpack.com.

Pre-Sale (Tuesday October 2nd)

A pre-sale will run on Tuesday October 2nd for all 2018 postseason ticket buyers. A link will be sent via email to all buyers to access tickets ahead of general sale.

General Sale (Wednesday October 3rd)

Tickets will go on general sale at 9am on Wednesday October 3rd. Single game tickets for the ‘Million Pound Game’ against London Broncos are as follows.

West Stand

Adult – $30

Age 16-21 – $22.50

Over 65 – $15

Under 16 – FREE

East Stand

Adult – $25

Age 16-21 – $18.75

Over 65 – $12.50

Under 16 – FREE

Group Discounts

12-19 – 20% Off

20+ – 30% Off

Group discounts are automatically calculated when ordering your tickets on the Toronto Wolfpack Ticketmaster page.

For any questions regarding general ticketing, please reach out to ticketing@torontowolfpack.com.

VIP Chairman’s Club

Adult – $150

Under 16 – FREE

As well as your ticket to the game Toronto Wolfpack’s VIP hospitality offers a wide range of features and benefits:

– Exclusive catering provided by Williams Landing, served one hour prior to kick off until the second half of the game.

– Two devoted bars serving a range of complimentary craft beers and liquor, including Toronto Wolfpack collaborations with Lost Craft and Henderson Brewing Co.

– Exclusive VIP entrance and in and out privileges, allowing fans easy access into the stadium.

– VIP entertainment including Wolfpack Dance Squad, Jefferson Mascot and SPIN Toronto.

– Opportunity to mix with Wolfpack squad players during the game.

– Reserved standing tables for groups of 6 or more (by request).

For more information on our VIP packages please contact paula@torontowolfpack.com.

• Like 2

Its really weird having it on Thanksgiving Day...have no idea how this will affect the crowd.  Is public transport running in Toronto on Thanksgiving Day???

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Its really weird having it on Thanksgiving Day...have no idea how this will affect the crowd.  Is public transport running in Toronto on Thanksgiving Day???

it was probably the RFL that fixed the date....we do not have a Thanksgiving day in the UK...its just a normal Sunday over here....

• Like 1

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

2 minutes ago, RPH said:

it was probably the RFL that fixed the date....we do not have a Thanksgiving day in the UK...its just a normal Sunday over here....

I don't think you people have any idea about Thanksgiving over here...its really big and  important.  I almost hit five wild turkeys on highway today!

-this could change everything for this game....big crowd or little crowd?...I have no idea whatsoever.  Its a long holiday weekend.

• Like 2

it's all about the TV audiences, that's where the cash comes from. i'll be hopefully watching the game pre turkey time if its on reg TV here. preview of next years Campshios GF, two Champ teams playing for promotion.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

it's all about the TV audiences, that's where the cash comes from. i'll be hopefully watching the game pre turkey time if its on reg TV here. preview of next years Campshios GF, two Champ teams playing for promotion.

Right now long range weather calling for 22and a 40% chance of showers.  Was snowing at my sisters place in Kenora on the weekend.

20 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Right now long range weather calling for 22and a 40% chance of showers.  Was snowing at my sisters place in Kenora on the weekend.

I assume you have an anti-rain dance that you can get going to diminish the chance of rain for Sunday. Get to work, please.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John WP Fan said:

I assume you have an anti-rain dance that you can get going to diminish the chance of rain for Sunday. Get to work, please.

I'm on it!!!!!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Well yeah ... She lives in kenora!  

• Haha 1