Batley v Swinton

Batley Bob

Well, a couple of surprises in this squad; Sowerby and Holland in, is there some indication in this that they could still be part of the plan? If it was a chance to say goodbye then maybe Crookes, Farrell etc might have had a last hit as well. I do hope that those leaving but not playing do a lap of the ground at the end to take their farewells and thanks. All the best to JH, BD, Patch, Crookes, Davey, Joel and anyone else moving on or calling it a day. Part of The Mount's rich tapestry.

I just hope we take this match seriously. They will be highly motivated with a chance that they could escape the end of season relegation play-off game. Reminds me of when we had to go to Doncaster a few seasons back and win against the odds!

A sixth win in a row would at least be a satisfying end to the season.

Shame on the league for scrapping shield. On the last few showings we deserved to.put all the hard work to some good use.

Thanks batley it's been entertaining 

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

You couldn't have written the end. 2mins to go ..on comes Alex Rowe. 

Try scored  ,hooter goes, Alex kicks goal  . Class. 

Thankyou Alex Rowe .  Best Wishes.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

I was looking forward to a reasonably competitive game unfortunately Swinton were very poor!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Agree Swinton were poor. They never seemed to really go for it despite what was at stake. Defence was outstanding today. They had a lot of sets on our line but other than the one try, didn't look like breaking us down.

We looked really dangerous in attack, with Jouffret's presence seeming to release the creativity in Brambani, and when he plays well, the whole team responds. Galbraith seems like a new player with Campbell next to him, and I think Smeaton looks the part at last!

8 hours ago, Eric Bristow said:

A solid enough performance from our boys to end the season. However, how disappointing were Swinton? Supposedly fighting for their lives yet put up very little resistance. I'd be having a look at Kyle Shelford if I were Diskin, though. Very impressive. 

He's impressed me twice i'v seen at the mount I'm surprised he's still not at Wigan but that's down to the reserve situation son of the late Adrian 

Now the dust is settling on the 2018 season can anybody remember who the announcer was mentioning who was leaving just when the players had come out and being photographed near the tunnel.

In the euphoria after the match Kevin was mentioning a few, now the club are saying it, it's official.

Archived