30 Sept: Betfred League 1 Play-off Semi-Finals

Yes that particular complaint was on the Facebook group, and by one person who was subsequently and correctly put in his place. Just saying that some people are never happy.

Re: Standoffish; I know the guy in IRL and yes when he complains he does it with gusto, but he does give credit where it is due also and is a loyal supporter. He just enjoys his rugby and has strong views

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Jemmo said:

Yes that particular complaint was on the Facebook group, and by one person who was subsequently and correctly put in his place. Just saying that some people are never happy.

Re: Standoffish; I know the guy in IRL and yes when he complains he does it with gusto, but he does give credit where it is due also and is a loyal supporter. He just enjoys his rugby and has strong views

Thanks for that mate.

“It is not revenge we want for poor people, but happiness; indeed, what revenge can be taken for all the thousands of years of the sufferings of the poor?”

So on the upside - 

At home we did pretty well against Oldham I seem to remember earlier in the year. Not setting the world alight, but did what we had to do. 

Oldham have three players banned from the game 

On the downside (and yes it is going to be longer because I'm a PROPER RL fan)

We weren't great against Oldham the other week. Had about ten minutes where we were on fire, and then that was fully doused in the second half. We looked utterly clueless in the few minutes they went down to ten men, and played some of the dumbest rugby I've ever seen. 

Also - the pressure. Kear says he's comfortable with the favourites tag, which is funny because I've been thinking all year this is probably one of the few times Kear has been expected to win something, instead of being the underdog and I wonder if that has had a bearing on how this season has panned out. 

Similarly, my other big worry for this game is that since we have left Super League, we have very rarely risen to the occasion of "the big game", even rarer have we done that at Odsal (with all due disrespect to the Championship Shield). Is the expectation too much? We shall see. After all this fuss about a potential "two bites of the cherry", I wouldn't at all be surprised to see us fall at the first hurdle. It certainly won't be a comfortable home win at any rate. It should be a good game though

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Head says two home wins, so Bradford and Doncaster.

Heart says Oldham and Workington.  We (Oldham) would need to travel up to Worky but we've won their already this season and the prospect of Scott Naylor v Leon Pryce in a final has a certain appeal.

Betting head says Oldham and Doncaster.  We lost at the Keepmoat this year so a double on Oldham to beat Bradford and then Donny would probable reap the best rewards.

A cheeky dream ticket would be Oldham and whoever. We win the first, lose the final and have to travel to Swinton (who effectively relegated us last year) or Rochdale (who we love to beat) to get promoted and relegate the opposition.

5 minutes ago, Amber Avenger said:

Similarly, my other big worry for this game is that since we have left Super League, we have very rarely risen to the occasion of "the big game", even rarer have we done that at Odsal (with all due disrespect to the Championship Shield). Is the expectation too much? We shall see. After all this fuss about a potential "two bites of the cherry", I wouldn't at all be surprised to see us fall at the first hurdle. It certainly won't be a comfortable home win at any rate. It should be a good game though

You're like me from a Dons point of view, I've watched us too long to not to begin to imagine the creative ways we can balls this up

1 hour ago, Jemmo said:

You're like me from a Dons point of view, I've watched us too long to not to begin to imagine the creative ways we can balls this up

Oh we’ve got all them ways covered to , and plenty of just brainless ones . So basically owt could happen 

To be honest with you I'm nervous. As daft as it sounds this game is bigger than the final, that's what you get with RL tinkering. This is do or die and I'm with AA on this. (Amber Avenger not Alcoholics Anonymous). Fev away to make the play offs the other year and I think we got nilled. Remember Chizzy being nowhere for the only time that season. IF we get two bites of the cherry I think we will go up but that is IF.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

When you have watched Bradford as long as I have you learn not to make predictions where they are concerned.So from somebody who has watched them for 68 years I have no idea what will happen.Somebody has already pointed out,you win nothing with kids, we shall see Sunday.Just wish we had two hard nosed experienced props but we have what we have.

23 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

That was originally said by Alan Hansen about Manchester United who then went out and won the Premier League.

Hansen is totally wrong . At school we won the county cross country championships 

14 hours ago, Rob Nash said:

I'm seriously worried about this game. Massive for both clubs. I'm a bag of nerves about it. It could visually be an awful game. The result is everything

It'll certainly be a totally different game to last week, with both sides back to full strength and having a proper go. Who makes the least mistakes will probably edge it, so that makes Donny favourites given Town's error rate.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Problem the Bulls have had this season is a lack of consistency and lack of on field leadership, they certainly they go missing when the pressure is on at times, 

Oldham losing those 3 players have given the Bulls a bit more leeway but I'm sure Naylor will ramp up the physicality of their game to compensate!

If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

1 hour ago, Derwent said:

It'll certainly be a totally different game to last week, with both sides back to full strength and having a proper go. Who makes the least mistakes will probably edge it, so that makes Donny favourites given Town's error rate.

Nah, the most disciplined side will win. Donny have too many silly penalties in them.

rldfsignature.jpg

23 hours ago, Dave Naylor said:

Head says two home wins, so Bradford and Doncaster.

Heart says Oldham and Workington.  We (Oldham) would need to travel up to Worky but we've won their already this season and the prospect of Scott Naylor v Leon Pryce in a final has a certain appeal.

Betting head says Oldham and Doncaster.  We lost at the Keepmoat this year so a double on Oldham to beat Bradford and then Donny would probable reap the best rewards.

A cheeky dream ticket would be Oldham and whoever. We win the first, lose the final and have to travel to Swinton (who effectively relegated us last year) or Rochdale (who we love to beat) to get promoted and relegate the opposition.

I suspect you're head will be correct, but this is sport so who knows?

I've a lot of time for both Scott Naylor and Leon Pryce. Scott was no slouch with ball in hand but will be remembered at Odsal as being the best defensive centre I can recall seeing and Leon, who could (almost) do magic at times. Obviously, I hope we win, but it would be good to go up with either of those two.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

2 hours ago, Scarey71 said:

Looking forward to seeing Keith Senior at Odsal this weekend...I assume he's still in Scott's back pocket? :)

I remember when he (Senior) was back coaching at Sheffield a season or so back at the university ground, I was standing next to the dug out when Chev Walker his former Leeds teammate and then Bulls' second in command shouted at him, "Get off the pitch Senior, you spend more time on the field  than Gary Mercer", which certainly made my day.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

Well, Kear has dropped Dalton Grant and Ross Oakes from the match squad. He's picked Keyes (rubbish defence),  Egodo (first game back from leg injury and  can't have been in full training) and Gregg McNally (first game back from several weeks' injury and hasn't finished several of the games that he has played this season).

I think there's a big risk of us spending the second half with forwards in the backline.

Dane Chisholm, Steve Crossley, Tuoyo Egodo, George Flanagan, Matt Garside, Ashley Gibson, James Green, Sam Hallas, Jay Hitchcox, Joe Keyes, Liam Kirk, Jordan Lilley, Gregg McNally, Elliot Minchella, Ross Peltier, Brandon Pickersgill, Ethan Ryan, Matthew Storton, Mikey Wood.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Archived