Leigh home

EQUALIZER

3 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Still got Jamie Acton and Ryan Bailey though, so should be lively.

Nah Acton keeps dropping it and Baily will be in the bin after 3 mins on the pitch. Leigh are there for the taking if your players are up for it...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Don’t worry Alan I think we are down to about half a dozen players,well about half a dozen that can be ar sed☹️

Strong rumours that we are now down to 13. Just like the good old days! Given that Fev appear to be in a similar situation, next week could be the first ever final contested as 9-a-side!!

On 9/27/2018 at 8:16 PM, Wakefield Ram said:

Reckon a win for the Rams as Leigh players give even less of a damn than some of ours

I cannot see us beating Leigh, even if they have only 14 fit men. 

We might have 17, but on last week's showing, how many care about playing for the club?

Dewsbury 16-36 Leigh

FTS: Ryder

MoM: Sykes

Att:: 1102

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Last game tomorrow,for quite a lot of the players it’s their last game in a Rams shirt. We need a massive improvement on last weeks performance at Rochdale,play like last week Leigh would beat us with 10 men never mind 15\16 players they are reputably bringing. Let’s finish this disappointing season with a win and at least send us into the off season with a bit of heart.

Rams 22

Leigh 21

Fts Adam Ryder

Mom Dom Speakman

Att 968 

Why should they be allowed in shield final. Should be batley rams semi. Oh but the rfl don't do fair

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

A bit of a hollow victory really given the circumstances though we did show a clinical element in finishing as you can only beat what is in front of you; some good tries to savour and to nurse as a memory over the close season. The team looked happy enough but how many will be left next year? All credit to Leigh and their supporters for going the full 80 though the shortage of players for a team that until fairly recently had a reserve side is extremely worrying. 

There's one thing that's been consistent this season.......... The absurd choices of Man of the Match...... Today was no exception

A hollow victory to end a hollow season............. I know that the club likes to keep its cards close to its chest, but I think we need to know quickly who the players are that are leaving the club......... As paying spectators, surely we have a right to know -- especially when the club are asking us to stump up early for next season's tickets.............. It's been a massive letdown of a season and we have a lot of areas on which we need to improve........ Perhaps with Ned's departure, the information flow will be one that gets better ??

It was announced in the bar that Daniel Igbdnedion  has signed on for next year.

Disapointing to hear that some players are leaving to play at Sheffield next year. Especially when rumoured players are relatively local and going for an extra £50 a game.

Travelling to training midweek in Sheffield won’t be much fun.

rambo.gif

Well I enjoyed watching the Rams stuff Leigh, disappointed we didn't get more.

Worrincy takes the award of "how to not score when it's easier to score" award off Jack Teanby. Why he cut inside when he just needed to jog to the line I don't know, it's not like we needed the conversion. Some great tries from across the teams, if we'd been a bit more clinical we'd have had 70-80.

Credit to the large number of Leigh fans who turned up, which is more than some of their players did, but give credit to some of them like Higham and even Acton for trying to the end. Turning up to a professional RL match with 13 players is a joke.

Not sure what's going to happen next week in the "final" - if they turn up with 13 against Featherstone, it could be 100+

Can't see how we will raise 13 players for the game next week. Best to concede it now, and avoid bringing the Game into (greater) disrepute.

Anyway, enough of our problems. Congratulations on your convincing win today. I'd disagree about it being a 'hollow victory' for you. Leigh's problems were not of the Rams' making (apart from the 80 minutes this afternoon!) and you could only, play what was in front of you. There were times when some of your lads appeared embarrassed at what was confronting them! Thank goodness for a compassionate ref who seemed to take every opportunity, in the second half, of allowing Leigh a desperately needed breather and thus disrupting your flow.

So, well done - I certainly don't begrudge you the pleasure of today's win. Hopefully be able to visit your place again next season.

34 minutes ago, AlanE said:

Can't see how we will raise 13 players for the game next week. Best to concede it now, and avoid bringing the Game into (greater) disrepute.

Anyway, enough of our problems. Congratulations on your convincing win today. I'd disagree about it being a 'hollow victory' for you. Leigh's problems were not of the Rams' making (apart from the 80 minutes this afternoon!) and you could only, play what was in front of you. There were times when some of your lads appeared embarrassed at what was confronting them! Thank goodness for a compassionate ref who seemed to take every opportunity, in the second half, of allowing Leigh a desperately needed breather and thus disrupting your flow.

So, well done - I certainly don't begrudge you the pleasure of today's win. Hopefully be able to visit your place again next season.

Crikey AlanE  what's happening at Leigh. I thought that Leigh might be resting players for next week's final, but to turn up with only 13 players must be very worrying.

2 hours ago, Rambo said:

It was announced in the bar that Daniel Igbdnedion  has signed on for next year.

Disapointing to hear that some players are leaving to play at Sheffield next year. Especially when rumoured players are relatively local and going for an extra £50 a game.

Travelling to training midweek in Sheffield won’t be much fun.

Yes Iggy as signed a contract for next season. Players going to Sheffield for extra £50 a game,ye alright? 

4 hours ago, 9' oller said:

Why should they be allowed in shield final. Should be batley rams semi. Oh but the rfl don't do fair

Look at the league table 9'O. PM will help you out with the sums if you are struggling.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 9/28/2018 at 9:52 AM, ernieone said:

The only players left to sign are forwards (mainly props) with 1 to 7 covered, can only see us being interested in Walshaw so I doubt you have 3 players that we require.

Enjoy it while you can Ernie. Word is that the bank account is getting low and BISSA will be the mainstay next season.

The Championship is going to be tough for many clubs next year and it won't just be on-field performance that determines their futures, sadly.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

19 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Enjoy it while you can Ernie. Word is that the bank account is getting low and BISSA will be the mainstay next season.

The Championship is going to be tough for many clubs next year and it won't just be on-field performance that determines their futures, sadly.

Undoubtedly true, as underlined by KN's jokey (but serious) comments pre-match today. However, it is all relative! I suspect we have several small but important income streams that would be the envy of several teams in our division, as well as decent sponsorship and hospitality contributions. Also ominous were KN's programme notes stating a significant reduction in funding for next season already! The start of a slippery slope I fear.

36 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Batley are doing ok financially, busy trying to plug the hole of the £20,00 less funding than expexted from the RFL but other than that on a reasonably stable platform. Players signed to improve the squad although losing Day and Harrison is a massive loss but our incoming players could make up there loss. 

Yes BISSA will be involved again sponsoring Jouftret but have a enough in reserve for to help the club if needed during the season.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Yes Iggy as signed a contract for next season. Players going to Sheffield for extra £50 a game,ye alright? 

Happy to see Iggy showing faith and some loyety by signing a deal for 2019.

Just a shame that most playing today so well won't be with us next season.

Worrying that people sat around me today are waiting to part with their season tickets money, until we know what our squad will look like, and hopefully competitive.

8 hours ago, andyram said:

Happy to see Iggy showing faith and some loyety by signing a deal for 2019.

Lol oh yeah loyalty is his middle name along with nobody else wants him! Still at least you can now field a full set of subs just need the rest of the team now!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

11 hours ago, Dog forever said:

Crikey AlanE  what's happening at Leigh. I thought that Leigh might be resting players for next week's final, but to turn up with only 13 players must be very worrying.

None of us really knows what's going on, due to a media blackout. Players are saying (on social media) that they are not being paid so, quite rightly, are not taking the risk. The owner did guarantee to fund their wages for the remainder of the season, but that doesn't seem to be happening. As full time players, they have no other form of income, and have families to support, and mortgages to pay. I'm full of admiration for the thirteen who turned out yesterday, but feared for their health and welfare, having to guts it out for the full eighty minutes

I'm also full of respect for the way the Dewsbury lads, and the ref. handled what was a difficult situation for them, too.

11 hours ago, ernieone said:

Batley are doing ok financially, busy trying to plug the hole of the £20,00 less funding than expexted from the RFL

Well we have had a season to get used to the 20k less funding!! ..... my guess is Gaz Moore would have been paid around that figure and he hasn't contributed anything other that take the money!! .... so next years funding is arguably  same as this years!!  ..... providing of course we can terminate his contract !!

Archived