Sign in to follow this  
Cassonkirk

Stevie Scholey signs New 3 year deal

12 hours ago, town4me said:

Strange move.  I think barrow will be candidate's for the drop next season.

No different to this season though, the difference is they have guaranteed championship status for next season. Hopefully Town make it to BTW.

4 hours ago, millomite said:

No different to this season though, the difference is they have guaranteed championship status for next season. Hopefully Town make it to BTW.

Yeah I think that’s the main reason as he’s desperate to get to the top level. Great signing for you guys. Shame he hadn’t waited on seeing if town get up as I think we’ll have a good bit more financial clout than barrow next year 

• Like 1

Writing was on the wall that he was leaving thunder when Carlile said he was excited to play 9 with Young at 1 , Marginet at 6 and Finn at 7 

58 minutes ago, wonky said:

Yeah I think that’s the main reason as he’s desperate to get to the top level. Great signing for you guys. Shame he hadn’t waited on seeing if town get up as I think we’ll have a good bit more financial clout than barrow next year 

I wouldn't be so sure. Remember Barrow finished higher than anticipated in the league this year so will have won a little bit more prize money than originally expected. Plus some income from Bullock to Wigan, as well as no longer paying his wedge of the wage bill, as well as some of the other players on decent salaries leaving

Barrow needto wrap them up as they’re the onl team with guaranteed championship status next year which should be a draw.

But why on earth would anyone in their right mind sign for Whitehaven at this moment in time when they could potentially earn more and play at a higher level next season with Town.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, millomite said:

I dunno mate. They have had the safety net of Rochdale and swinton this season and with the teams coming up i think it will be a lot more competitive at the bottom of the championship next season. 

1 hour ago, Cumbria RL said:

Bitter bitter man, or do you know something we don’t Regards who is signing for Haven?

It was a statement of fact you dope.

What’s to be bitter about? The number of bankruptcies or the empty trophy cabinet?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, wonky said:

Charlo and gorley announced as new haven coaches. 

Good option for them in their current state.  Reading between the lines of his first interview they are going to recruit from the amatuer scene and go mainly local 

Edited by town4me

11 hours ago, town4me said:

Good option for them in their current state.  Reading between the lines of his first interview they are going to recruit from the amatuer scene and go mainly local 

Have they got much choice ?

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Have they got much choice ?

Definitely, but they wont become super stars over night, and if they want to nurture some young players they will have plenty to choose from, Kells, Seaton, Cockermouth, WBH  and Egremont all have good youngsters coming through, why do you think Wigan and Warrington are sniffing about along with Newcastle??

12 minutes ago, JMB said:

Definitely, but they wont become super stars over night, and if they want to nurture some young players they will have plenty to choose from, Kells, Seaton, Cockermouth, WBH  and Egremont all have good youngsters coming through, why do you think Wigan and Warrington are sniffing about along with Newcastle??

Indeed , big clubs have mined these areas for players for some time . The task is attracting them to sign for local clubs 

47 minutes ago, JMB said:

The problem whitehaven will have (and to some extent ourselves) is theres a schism between the amateur teams and the semi pro ones that needs mending and that wont happen quickly. I know that most amateur players arent interested in signing for Whitehaven at the moment, as seen by how they struggled last season to get any involved.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

The problem whitehaven will have (and to some extent ourselves) is theres a schism between the amateur teams and the semi pro ones that needs mending and that wont happen quickly. I know that most amateur players arent interested in signing for Whitehaven at the moment, as seen by how they struggled last season to get any involved.

Not according to our friends up the road.  Every top amatuer and his dog from allerdale and copeland are heading to the rec due to jontys connections with the amatuer game.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just seen on twitter Leon Pryce just signed new 2 year deal with youse puts that crack to bed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, donald said:

Just seen on twitter Leon Pryce just signed new 2 year deal with youse puts that crack to bed

Unless it's the lad he's sitting with who's signed the 2 year deal

32 minutes ago, town4me said:

Not according to our friends up the road.  Every top amatuer and his dog from allerdale and copeland are heading to the rec due to jontys connections with the amatuer game.  

No one has said that as well you know,but don’t let that stop you in your efforts to look big & clever.

9 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

No one has said that as well you know,but don’t let that stop you in your efforts to look big & clever.

I was generalizing and if you read a bit closer thats whats being indicated by some.  There's more talk of jonty than charlo. 

Edited by town4me
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, donald said:

Unless it's the lad he's sitting with who's signed the 2 year deal

Seeing that’s Eliot Whitehead I very much doubt it .

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Seeing that’s Eliot Whitehead I very much doubt it .

No idea who he was 

1 minute ago, donald said:

No idea who he was 

I think that may be just a gag 

• Like 1

In terms of signing amateurs its Newcastle we should be afraid of not our friends downt road.Newcastle are investing in promosing youngsters on scholarships, offering them further education and a pathway into rugby league along with excellent facilities ,all of which we are a long way off,but we are defo going in the right direction.

UP THE TOWN