Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jroyales

2019 Squad and signings

On 10/26/2018 at 9:37 PM, roughyed34 said:

Kenny Hughes gone to NW Cru. Been a great servant to us, shame we couldn't hold on to him. Wish him the best at his new club.

Crusaders appear to be building a good squad this term

• Like 1

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

A lot of clubs have season tickets out, 2019 shirts and a full or nearly full squad

We have a prop scrum half and a unity back, who will be playing on a plastic unforgiving pitch 

But it's not December or a week before the league starts so an additional sponsor can be squeezed on the shirt

Edited by clifford

Absolutely pal, I have a very happy Caroline today ??. Belting signing and shown loyalty when he could have gone to the championship. Always gives 100% and what a tackler he is. Brilliant lad , loves the fans and club. 

I voted for him as player of the year to be honest, might not have been the most eye catching but a more genuine and honest player we couldn't wish for. 

Genuinely delighted he has chosen to stay with us.

• Like 1

Two very good re-signings in Spanner and Benty and hopefully more to come.  Hope Grimmer is fit and injury free for us as he is a very experienced player.  I said it a couple of years ago that he would do a great job at Loose and I still think so but, if we don't sing another good half back he will be just as good there and maybe even bring the best out of Chewy.

Keep them coming Yeds

• Like 1

Tony Mac

If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill

2 hours ago, Tony Mac said:

Two very good re-signings in Spanner and Benty and hopefully more to come.  Hope Grimmer is fit and injury free for us as he is a very experienced player.  I said it a couple of years ago that he would do a great job at Loose and I still think so but, if we don't sing another good half back he will be just as good there and maybe even bring the best out of Chewy.

Keep them coming Yeds

I don’t think I’ve ever seen bent pass a ball so no chance at half back.let him stay at lose forward and do the hard tackling for the team 

37 minutes ago, YoungYed said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen bent pass a ball so no chance at half back.let him stay at lose forward and do the hard tackling for the team 

Hi YY,  was talking about Grimmer when I said about playing Loose or Half Back - sorry for the confusion.

• Like 1

Tony Mac

If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill

Don't forget YY that Benty is only 21. Plenty of time to develop even further, he is still learning the game and will fill out a bit more and put a bit of beef on if the coaching staff deem it necessary, he has all the attributes to go to the top in a few years. I assure you he can definitely pass the ball as proven on a few occasions when he put people in for tries. I'm sure Nobby and the staff think very highly of him as do the fans, his work rate is incredible, it may go unnoticed sometimes as he isn't a Langers style of player but I bet you his teammates wouldn't swap him for anything. 

So far so good on the recruitment, seems like quite a few more in the pipeline and some new blood reading between the lines.

We were not that far off with last season's squad in reality, DR farce,silly plays and inexplicable losses of concentration did for us as well as CH not bolstering the squad before the final transfer window and the play off tilt. The squad defensively was very good overall bar a couple of substandard performances, attacking wise we were predictable and teams found it easy to stifle the attack. Was it the players? Was it the coaches instructions? That's between those in the know. Let's see if everyone learned that one out rugby and an inside pass is not creative enough, the acid test will be when the season actually starts. It's a clean slate for all til then.

Looking forward to eventually seeing our final squad for 2019. I'm far more positive now than I was a couple of weeks ago for sure and looking forward to the presentation night to say goodbye to players, no matter what fans thought of them they did their best for Oldham.

Up the Yeds!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pudsey hawk said:

Grimshaw was a waste of time for hunslet last season. Could never get a run of games 

Was he injured mate or did he just not catch the side? Quality player when he is fit.

13 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

Don't forget YY that Benty is only 21. Plenty of time to develop even further, he is still learning the game and will fill out a bit more and put a bit of beef on if the coaching staff deem it necessary, he has all the attributes to go to the top in a few years. I assure you he can definitely pass the ball as proven on a few occasions when he put people in for tries

Not to mention he gets in for a few himself. I always watch him closely and he's great to watch reads the game well and carries the ball v aggressively. Work rate is nothing short of phenomenal. 

• Like 1