Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jroyales

2019 Squad and signings

6 minutes ago, Dave Naylor said:

From those signed so far, some players covering more than one position.

Fullback - Hawkyard

Wing - Jones-Bishop

Centre - Holmes, Grimmer

Utility Back - Grimmer

Half back - Crook, Hewitt, Bowman, Grimmer

Prop - Joy, Spencer, Nelmes, Davies

Hooker - Wilko, Owen

Second Row - Bent, Calland

Loose Forward - Bowman, Grimmer

Whats it like with one player in one position?  Just to get a better idea of how we look?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

If we had to turn out a team from the 15 named signings you could go something like:

Hawkyard, Jones-Bishop, Bowman, Grimshaw, Holmes, Crook, Hewitt, Joy, Owen, Spencer, Calland, Bent, Davies.  Subs: Wilko, Nelmes.

We need more backs I suppose!

Edited by Dave Naylor
typo
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dave Naylor said:

If we had to turn out a team from the 15 named signings you could go something like:

Hawkyard, Jones-Bishop, Bowman, Grimshaw, Holmes, Crook, Hewitt, Joy, Owen, Spencer, Calland, Bent, Davies.  Subs: Wilko, Nelmes.

We need more backs I suppose!

More players than some clubs finished the season with! ?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

On 13 November 2018 at 1:42 PM, Mark said:

Thanks for your replies on Adam Jones. Was disappointed when he left us but hopefully will come back a stronger player. 

Youre much more helpful then the rochdale lot were??

What do you want to know matey ? I don't recall you asking questions on the Hornets site.

Zack will go from strength to strength — Naylor

SCOTT Naylor is confident in his belief that centre Zack McComb will become a leading light in the Roughyeds camp in the not-too-distant future.

He has rewarded the 23-year-old Yorkshireman with another one-year contract after his impressive debut season in Betfred League 1 in which he scored 11 tries in 18 appearances.

Read full article

• Like 1

22 hours ago, chiefgeneral said:

Hopefully that means McComb will sign as well 

Wish granted ?. Best centre we have at the club. Excellent news to keep Zack, had a great season last year. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So I make it roughly  -

Fullback - Hawkyard

Wing - Jones-Bishop

Centre - Holmes, McComb

Utility Back - Grimmer

Half back - Crook, Hewitt,

Prop - Joy, Spencer, Nelmes, Davies

Hooker - Wilko, Owen, Greenwood

Second Row - Bent, Calland

Loose Forward - Bowman

• Like 2

21 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

Wish granted ?. Best centre we have at the club. Excellent news to keep Zack, had a great season last year. 

If that works then I wish Johnathon Thurston, Jerry McGillvray, Jake Conner, Mark Sneyd, James Graham and the Burgess boys would sign. ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bridge: I was never going anywhere else

DANNY Bridge will be proud to drag an Oldham jersey over his head again when his nine-month ban ends in late April.

The big second-row forward, suspended last July when he pleaded guilty to a grade F charge arising from contact with referee Cameron Worsley in a match at Keighley Cougars, has signed a new one-year deal to stay with the Roughyeds.

Read full article

• Like 1

Really happy about Bridgey, made a huge mistake, took the punishment and will return stronger next year. He was having a belting season before "the incident", quality signing for us.

• Like 1

Another good signing this. Glad he remained loyal after we stuck with him.

• Like 1

Tony Mac

If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill

Kyran's two-year deal as squad building continues

BY asking for, and getting, a two-year deal to stay at Oldham until the end of the 2020 season, utility back Kyran Johnson has followed the lead set by scrum-half David Hewitt and, effectively, stand-off Paul Crook.

Read full article

• Like 1

More good news. Very pleased with yet another great signing and so pleased with how happy the lads are at re-signing for the club - a lot to be said for that. Just hope that the fans now follow suit and back the lads at every opportunity. 

• Like 1