TRL on my PC

4 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Gone. Broken. Finished.

S'okay on my phone.

It was broken for me for most of yesterday (desktop and mobile) but fine today on laptop.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

It's a problem with the firewall operated by the company that's supposed to protect us from internet nasties who want to infect our site with all manner of bugs and stuff.

At present, all their firewall seems to be doing is preventing genuine users from accessing the site in certain locations on an apparently quite random basis (we were locked out ourselves for several hours yesterday).

Complaints have been made to the relevant folk to get it fixed or get fired (which seems appropriate for a firewall provider).

Watch this space (if you can).

1 hour ago, Farmduck said:

Did you try switching it off, then switching it back on?  (This message brought to you by Microsoft Windows)

You've got to love Farmduck! Always has that unique, incisive perception. (Brought to you by sarcastics anonymous) :tongue:

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

Abs l t ly fin her. I'v ad no pr ble s  t al

I see your spelling hasn't improved.?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Anyone having issues with the forum, can you all try again and let me know the outcome?

Our firewall people say they have made some changes which should make a difference, but I'm not convinced they know what they're talking about anymore after this!

If there's still no joy, I'll be getting rid of them and seeking an alternative provider.

Thanks 

Its happening again.  If I use my filtered works WiFi, I get no issues.  If I use my super fast, unfiltered wifi I can't get into the forum.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

There will be intermittent access issues today as I’ve had to update the IP address the site domain name points to, in order to ditch the third party firewall service that was causing the earlier problems. 

IP address was changed at midnight Sunday (to try and minimise downtime as much as possible) but it can take 24-48 hours to fully propagate round the internet, so in the meantime you’ll find it’ll work in some places/connections but not others.

Sorry for the disruption but there’s never a good time to change an IP address.

if it’s any consolation, I’m having to write this on my phone using Vodafone 3G because TRL is not working at LPL Towers in Brighouse yet, so we do feel your pain!!

Could not log on at all through the day on my pc.  Tried five mins ago and still could not get on, refreshed - nothing, refreshed - nothing, refreshed - and now I'm on.  Been like this for last 3 or 4 days for me.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

On 10/6/2018 at 2:16 PM, John Drake said:

Anyone having issues with the forum, can you all try again and let me know the outcome?

Our firewall people say they have made some changes which should make a difference, but I'm not convinced they know what they're talking about anymore after this!

If there's still no joy, I'll be getting rid of them and seeking an alternative provider.

Thanks 

Back!  After several days absence!

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

7 hours ago, The Future is League said:

I'm abroad at the moment and this is the first I've been able to access the site in well over a week. You don't realise how much you miss these forums until you can't access them

Indeed. The last couple of days means that several hundred people will have had to resort to doing some actual work for a change between the hours of 9 to 5. :P

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Archived