Sign in to follow this  
oiseau

Jonno Ford re signs and other TO news.

Johnathan Ford has re signed for Toulouse which makes it eight  seasons at the club.

He's been a good servant to the club and has been MOM more times than I can remember but, is it time he and TO13 had a change of direction ?

Jonno is well entrenched in the French culture and enjoys the team spirit as well as the life in France and is obviously settled in his ways but could he make it in SL ? I'm sure he's had offers this year as in previous years from SL and top championship sides but is he what TO13 needs for their future ? He's been ok ish the season just finished but he hasn't been as influential or inspirational as before.

Mark 'killer' Kheirallah has also re signed which is good news for the club along with Rhys Curran and others but prop Bastien Canet has been told he can leave and has signed for Carcassonne. Canet had the knack of being either brilliant or rubbish  in the same match and is responsable for leaking too many penalties and even costing his team the victory in a few games as against Toronto in the home fixture. Houles dropped him with a few games remaining and will be glad to be rid of him I suspect.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, oiseau said:

Johnathan Ford has re signed for Toulouse which makes it eight  seasons at the club.

He's been a good servant to the club and has been MOM more times than I can remember but, is it time he and TO13 had a change of direction ?

Jonno is well entrenched in the French culture and enjoys the team spirit as well as the life in France and is obviously settled in his ways but could he make it in SL ? I'm sure he's had offers this year as in previous years from SL and top championship sides but is he what TO13 needs for their future ? He's been ok ish the season just finished but he hasn't been as influential or inspirational as before.

Mark 'killer' Kheirallah has also re signed which is good news for the club along with Rhys Curran and others but prop Bastien Canet has been told he can leave and has signed for Carcassonne. Canet had the knack of being either brilliant or rubbish  in the same match and is responsable for leaking too many penalties and even costing his team the victory in a few games as against Toronto in the home fixture. Houles dropped him with a few games remaining and will be glad to be rid of him I suspect.

I was surprised that Justin Sangare didn't get more game time 

3 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

He probably will, TD.  he is only 20 years old.  He has just re-signed and sounds patient - "At TO, I am in a good environment to continue working and thus progress" (if my translation is correct!)

Others to re-sign are Tony Maurel and Gavin Marguerite, but Sebastian Planas has called it a day and retired, I believe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

He probably will, TD.  he is only 20 years old.  He has just re-signed and sounds patient - "At TO, I am in a good environment to continue working and thus progress" (if my translation is correct!)

Others to re-sign are Tony Maurel and Gavin Marguerite, but Sebastian Planas has called it a day and retired, I believe.

Planas has indeed retired as have Rapira and Pettybourne, as mentioned Canet also departs which leaves them very light in the forwards. Bretherton has signed on a permanent basis and I'd love to see someone like Yesa come in, and possibly Seguier whose opportunities look limited at the Dragons.

A shame about Canet as he was in the Championship team of the year in 2017 and on his day is a very good player at that level, but I guess he wasn't in the coaches plans.

4 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Sangare has an awful lot to learn still, very raw. Hopefully he’ll kick on with the Broncos over winter and be improved next season but he’s not currently good enough for the top end of the Championship yet

Their backline needs a little defensive work but generally is sound and exciting in attack, what they really need is some heft and depth up front. There are some props hanging around in Elite 1 that look like they could make the grade and then Sarrazin might have to get out his chequebook.

regaqrding Jono, I am happy to read that he is staying. the pair jono / stan robin works well enough for the championship.

the departure of rapira, petyborne and canet… I see that in a positive way : we all agree to say that TO was light in forward, so that thses forwards leaves opens opportunity for new ones to step in. and even if I could not Watch the team that much this season, I was happy with the few bertheron performances that I was able to see.

Can someone who saw Bertheron playing this season gives Another opinion (or confirm, or complete opinion) about him?

what about Marion, Centrone and Ader?

1 minute ago, Fabou said:

regaqrding Jono, I am happy to read that he is staying. the pair jono / stan robin works well enough for the championship.

the departure of rapira, petyborne and canet… I see that in a positive way : we all agree to say that TO was light in forward, so that thses forwards leaves opens opportunity for new ones to step in. and even if I could not Watch the team that much this season, I was happy with the few bertheron performances that I was able to see.

Can someone who saw Bertheron playing this season gives Another opinion (or confirm, or complete opinion) about him?

I've heard that Centrone has left or is leaving 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Can anyone confirm what Planas'  next move is. Is he joining the TO coaching team? 

Seb will be a part of the set-up so maybe they are trying to shoehorn him into a position.

Edited by oiseau
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Fabou said:

Rapira did ok tho' Pettybourne was a flop.

Houles has said the team is lacking in experience so i'm sure a couple of oldies will turn up soon.

When I spoke with Centrone he was hoping for a new contract.

Isn't Bretherton at Wigan ?

Edited by oiseau
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, oiseau said:

Rapira did ok tho' Pettybourne was a flop.

Houles has said the team is lacking in experience so i'm sure a couple of oldies will turn up soon.

Isn't Bretherton at Wigan ?

It was confirmed last week that Bretherton signed permanently from Wigan 

21 hours ago, oiseau said:

not good then… TO has just annonced that he will be back in asutralia..

21 hours ago, FearNothing said:

Josh Drinkwater????

Would be huge. Drinkwater organises, Robin runs. Barthau on the bench as second hooker or another half of needed.

Bouzinac to lezignan,  heard rumours that there's been disagreements with the coach and a few of the players 

24 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Bouzinac to lezignan,  heard rumours that there's been disagreements with the coach and a few of the players 

in Toulouse?

So far they have resigned kherillah, maurel, maurgeritte, ford, curran, mika, sangare, boyer. 

Lost - planas retired, pettybourne, canet, bouzniac, centrone.

I say it would be essential they get marion, ader, barthau, Robin, marcon.

On 10/12/2018 at 11:45 AM, thepimp007 said:

Centrone was good in the 8s. Has it said where he is going? Are they clearing decks a bit at TO to go for some big signings?

Centrone is going back to Oz cos' he reckons he can earn a lot more money there. Pity TO couldn't push the boat out to sign him...