Sign in to follow this  
Blind side johnny

NZ Test Series - ticket sales

19 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

5 blocks are not open yet in the Kop and at least 2 out of the 5 along the back set available are selling every other row rather ythan every seat.

Yep, when the CEO says best case 25k we are looking at 20-22k max. Shading out blocks and hiding rows from sale isn't going to fool anyone.

The RL fans who attend the test at Anfield, should boo Rimmer, Barwick and all the other RFL gravy train gang. After all the RL jurno’s have let them get away with murder for far too long. If they (the RL press) don’t want to upset them in case they lose their free tickets. Then it’s up to the fans to show Rimmer & Co that we’ve had enough of their shambolic ways. 

I wonder if the people running the game understand the bigger picture in regards to the damage a small crowd does to the sport. We live in an age of instant access to any sport you want, not like when I was young. When I was growing up my Dad told me this was the greatest sport on the planet, I watched it and loved it, but I also didn't have access to anything else at the time.

Nowadays kids have access to whatever they want, my son loves League as I've pretty much forced it down his throat from the minute he was born. But he is a sports lover in general and watches anything from NBA, EPL, AFL and NFL. How do you think I went last week when I told him we will sit up and watch the Kiwis v England, 2 of the best teams in the world. We turn it on and the first thing he said was 'not many people there, cant be that great' and he went to bed. (it was 9pm our time). This is the next generation we are talking about, and if kids like mine who have parents that are rusted on fans are a bit meh about the games how are we going to attract new fans.

The stadium and crowd is our shopfront window and should always be the top priority at any event in the sport.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Col81 said:

Come on I pay 40% tax I am sure I contribute enough to the nhs so I am taking a bit back so what

Humble brag 😜

• Like 2

Tickets have sold quite well this week but as implied,you need to differentiate between 'sold out' and 'never available'.

Even allowing for this Elland Road looks very good,with only decent availability being in Upper East Stand,whilst Upper John Charles is not available.Rest is virtually sold out.

Liverpool has sold well this week but large parts are closed,whilst some blocks which have been added,are really still not available,as opposed to truely sold.Still,the lower level has gone well,whilst the extra seats in the middle section of the cop have shifted quite well.Realistically,to me,somewhere between 25/30,000.

Ok guys I have bought 2 adult 2 u16 tickets for the kop £47 use code TICKETMASTER to get £10 off adult and £5 off other tickets. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sparse Attendance said:

The RL fans who attend the test at Anfield, should boo Rimmer, Barwick and all the other RFL gravy train gang. After all the RL jurno’s have let them get away with murder for far too long. If they (the RL press) don’t want to upset them in case they lose their free tickets. Then it’s up to the fans to show Rimmer & Co that we’ve had enough of their shambolic ways. 

What a ridiculous comment. Sports journalists in all sports get in free. If you charged them do you honestly think they would come at all? 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sparse Attendance said:

Not just your attendance that is sparse! 

Looks like they've changed the approach at Elland Road - the East upper tier has gone off sale again but chunks of the west stand are now available.

The north east and south east corners upper levels still only have the forward half of seats on sale and I'd expect those to be the next section to open up although there is still plent of availability in the Revie Stand at the same price.

By way of contrast, wigan have today announced across twitter, the internet, local press and by e mail that we will be playing the Roosters on Sunday February 17th. They “expect” it to sell out. And we will almost certainly do so, as the marketing will be clever and targeted, they have given themselves enough time and the game should be a classic. 

Here we will have a wonderful game between 2 superb sides, at an iconic venue where we managed to get a huge crowd for a game between Oz and NZ a couple of years ago. The crowd will be an absolutely damning indictment of the RFL’s criminal ineptitude. The RFL absolutely should be held to account. But they won’t be... 

• Like 4

Obviously a little biased Exiled Wiganer but I accept your point.It will indeed be fair to compare and contrast the marketing/publicity of Wigan versus that of the RFL for the Test series.Although I do think all clubs could help in the marketing of the Test series but then it's down to the RFL to involve them.That's certainly how the RFU go about selling tickets for Twickenham.

I hope Wigan make a great success of their game.

32 minutes ago, cookey said:

Obviously a little biased Exiled Wiganer but I accept your point.It will indeed be fair to compare and contrast the marketing/publicity of Wigan versus that of the RFL for the Test series.Although I do think all clubs could help in the marketing of the Test series but then it's down to the RFL to involve them.That's certainly how the RFU go about selling tickets for Twickenham.

I have seen a fair bit of noise about England and the Knights on Wire's social media - not sure if that is the case for other clubs.

1 hour ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

By way of contrast, wigan have today announced across twitter, the internet, local press and by e mail that we will be playing the Roosters on Sunday February 17th. They “expect” it to sell out. And we will almost certainly do so, as the marketing will be clever and targeted, they have given themselves enough time and the game should be a classic. 

Here we will have a wonderful game between 2 superb sides, at an iconic venue where we managed to get a huge crowd for a game between Oz and NZ a couple of years ago. The crowd will be an absolutely damning indictment of the RFL’s criminal ineptitude. The RFL absolutely should be held to account. But they won’t be... 

TBF Wigan v Cronulla was far from a sell out a couple of years ago. Agree with your points about the RFL though.

56 minutes ago, cookey said:

True, Leeds sold club coach trips to the fourn nations games a couple years back. This year nothing.

1 hour ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Let's hope you're right. It's a game I wouldn't have minded attending myself. Will Northern rail now be announcing their next strike? 😀

I wonder if the Sunday 7pm slot was purely dictated by Sky? I would imagine that has the potential to wipe out a decent travelling support of neutrals who might have fancied the game live (particularly families etc). Not to worry, there's plenty other folk to fill the place. 

11 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

Let's hope you're right. It's a game I wouldn't have minded attending myself. Will Northern rail now be announcing their next strike? 😀

I wonder if the Sunday 7pm slot was purely dictated by Sky? I would imagine that has the potential to wipe out a decent travelling support of neutrals who might have fancied the game live (particularly families etc). Not to worry, there's plenty other folk to fill the place. 

Saturday I might have gone.

Agree that a Sunday i can't get home and don't want to take Monday off and pay for a hotel.

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

TBF Wigan v Cronulla was far from a sell out a couple of years ago. Agree with your points about the RFL though.

Yes... good luck to Wigan but its a big ask to get 25000.  It requires a lot of neutrals, not to mentioned of exiled Wiganers.

I hope we can get all our ducks in a row to be there with a couple of friends... oh and yes, the wife.  

5 hours ago, Northern Eel said:

I wonder if the Sunday 7pm slot was purely dictated by Sky? I would imagine that has the potential to wipe out a decent travelling support of neutrals who might have fancied the game live

Yep...

Edited by Man of Kent

8 minutes ago, IM2 said:

I predict elland road will sell out

risdale sold it out 10 times over

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scubby said:

90% capacity? 21k. We might not reach half that percentage and might not even exceed that crowd. But my point isn’t to laud Wigan rather it is to show what can be achieved with a professional approach... 

Edited by Exiled Wiganer

Most frustrating thing is we actually got the tickets on sale nearly a year in advance, rather than the Normal 3 months. Thought a lot more would of been sold with this much lead in time 

2 hours ago, thehullram said:

Most frustrating thing is we actually got the tickets on sale nearly a year in advance, rather than the Normal 3 months. Thought a lot more would of been sold with this much lead in time 

It usually helps if the game takes place on the day it was meant to.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

risdale sold it out 10 times over

That’s a blast from the past. How he ever got another job in football, god only knows.

On 11/2/2018 at 7:57 AM, cookey said:

Tickets have sold quite well this week but as implied,you need to differentiate between 'sold out' and 'never available'.

Even allowing for this Elland Road looks very good,with only decent availability being in Upper East Stand,whilst Upper John Charles is not available.Rest is virtually sold out.

Liverpool has sold well this week but large parts are closed,whilst some blocks which have been added,are really still not available,as opposed to truely sold.Still,the lower level has gone well,whilst the extra seats in the middle section of the cop have shifted quite well.Realistically,to me,somewhere between 25/30,000.

I would argue that anything over 30k is a success at Anfield for a match v NZ (who have been poor except their defeat of Aus) especially after changing the date