Sign in to follow this  
Viking Ste

Henderson to Widnes

Have heard that Andrew Henderson is to be the next Widnes head coach this week. Pleased if this is true

Don’t see the point in Henderson making this move. He left a champ club to go to the Wire so why go back down? If he sticks in his current role he could be the head coach of a strong SL side in a season or two.

On 10/15/2018 at 9:29 AM, Wolford6 said:

When you've been a boss, it's hard to revert to second-in-command.

sometimes its the opposite and when you've been a boss you realise you prefer being a number 2

Don't care who is the new coach, we just need someone now. Otherwise Rule will be taking training, three circuits of the stadium car park and ten push ups! 

13 minutes ago, doc said:

Otherwise Rule will be taking training, three circuits of the stadium car park and ten push ups! 

Yes I read the interview in League Express.  A good article.  He came across as quite hands-on ?

5 hours ago, doc said:

Don't care who is the new coach, we just need someone now. Otherwise Rule will be taking training, three circuits of the stadium car park and ten push ups! 

Worked for Doug Laughton 🙂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, doc said:

Is it more important to Widnes to get the “right” coaching appointment or for Rule to go?

16 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Is it more important to Widnes to get the “right” coaching appointment or for Rule to go?

I was hoping for a complete clear out of all dead wood (I'm including James Rule in that) and a complete rebuild around a promising youth ...so far I'm a bit disappointed to hear that some rather mouldy pieces of timber have been offered new contracts

Not bothered whether Rule stays or goes. Need a coach to start planning for our triumphant next season! 😉