• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12
    • England by 1 to 6
    • Draw
    • France by 1 to 6
    • France by 7 to 12
    • France by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/10/18 at 18:45

10 hours ago, barnyia said:

IMG-20181015-WA0015.jpg

Don't want to worry you but that shed roof doesn't look watertight to me.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree LSV wrong venue for this. Would love to see meaningful test v France in London - though that would take planning.

id have played this game in Newcastle - or asked clubs to bid for the game. certainly have the at the weekend 

Great to see England bringing back the ball handling loose forward with George Burgess.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

13 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Great to see England bringing back the ball handling loose forward with George Burgess.

At least he’s not centre ! Half backs are a bit makeshift but I don’t think that’s all that bad at all with so many unavailable 

22 minutes ago, DavidM said:

At least he’s not centre ! Half backs are a bit makeshift but I don’t think that’s all that bad at all with so many unavailable 

It's not a bad team at all considering.

The pack is excellent. Three middle forwards in Burgess x 2 and Graham then Thompson of the bench should be too much power for the French.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Liam Sutcliffe? There's better in the Championship and Leeds U19 than him!

Peter Sutcliffe would pose more of a danger!

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

16 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Peter Sutcliffe would pose more of a danger!

Obviously, he's a murderer...

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

I am a Leigh lad, but I totally agree that this game should not be at the LSV,  I can walk to the ground in less than 30 mins which is good for me, but in the bigger scale of things it should have been held elsewhere. 

This game has obviously been scheduled for a while, but at the moment there is quite a bit of apathy towards Rugby League in the town, people like myself who have supported the club for years as well as quite a lot of other people are dissolutioned that we don't even know if we will have a club to support next year such is the predicament Leigh Centurions find themselves, all we see is more and more player's leaving without any why's or wherefores, and if they do carry on they may not even have the ground to play at, so in all that it could really affect the attendance tomorrow evening.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

I am a Leigh lad, but I totally agree that this game should not be at the LSV,  I can walk to the ground in less than 30 mins which is good for me, but in the bigger scale of things it should have been held elsewhere. 

This game has obviously been scheduled for a while, but at the moment there is quite a bit of apathy towards Rugby League in the town, people like myself who have supported the club for years as well as quite a lot of other people are dissolutioned that we don't even know if we will have a club to support next year such is the predicament Leigh Centurions find themselves, all we see is more and more player's leaving without any why's or wherefores, and if they do carry on they may not even have the ground to play at, so in all that it could really affect the attendance tomorrow evening.

All the more reason for a decent local turn up. This may be the last decent game played at your stadium for a while. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Harry - they should have held the game at Workington then as I said earlier the Marras and West Cumbria in general would have packed the place out as they have been starved of a game like this for years.

Really though it should have been in France - would easily get 10 to 15K and maybe given England a better test.

I wonder how much Wayne Bennett influenced the timing of this game. He was always going to want a game to give the NRL contingent and the Super League players who didn't make the Grand Final a run.

But play it on the weekend and it reduces the time he has to get his best 17 together for the lead in to the first Kiwi test. This way he gets 9 days to fully prepare for game 1.

This is catch 22. It is not a full English team with players rested and Knights players promoted and so in some ways it may be better to call it an English 13 but that is disrespectful to the French. But the reduced English team means a low key event and for us League fans who want to see England play the more tests the better we are left feeling frustrated.

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I wonder how much Wayne Bennett influenced the timing of this game. He was always going to want a game to give the NRL contingent and the Super League players who didn't make the Grand Final a run.

But play it on the weekend and it reduces the time he has to get his best 17 together for the lead in to the first Kiwi test. This way he gets 9 days to fully prepare for game 1.

This is catch 22. It is not a full English team with players rested and Knights players promoted and so in some ways it may be better to call it an English 13 but that is disrespectful to the French. But the reduced English team means a low key event and for us League fans who want to see England play the more tests the better we are left feeling frustrated.

A fair call. 

It's not ideal but it's easy to slag off a decision without realising mitigating factors led to less than ideal arrangement. Some comments on this subject have been IMO excessively critical because of looking at things at face value only. 

As you state, there are reasons behind what's happened yet understandable fans are feeling let down. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

On 10/15/2018 at 11:05 AM, 17 stone giant said:

https://membership.rugby-league.com/

It's free.

Weird how if you scroll down that page you get a pop-up saying that England have just set out for the world cup.

Can you watch it direct from the link without the app?

Tried watching stuff over the weekend and the audio was a mess.

The app refuses to work for me.

Be nice to have this on facebook and youtube so i could have shared it with friends and people at work.

13 minutes ago, stevereed100 said:

Rather embarrassing admission presume you don't watch Sky matches and missed his 90 metre try against Huddersfield?

He’s shown up strongly when I’ve seen him this year 

Archived