• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12
    • England by 1 to 6
    • Draw
    • France by 1 to 6
    • France by 7 to 12
    • France by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/10/18 at 18:45

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

Train is the way to go so you can sample the delights of the Whalebone.

It's the only way! But I'll probably end up there for the night! Loads on over next few weeks, already nobbled by Anfield date change! Better hit the sack due in at 5:30 in morning :-/

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

All you do is wind people up. Does it make you feel good? 

Find me an example on this thread. 

If someone mistakes a sentence for a swipe at a nation, rather than its Rugby League team, which I was discussing on a thread about it’s Rugby League team after a sentence about its Rugby League Team, that has nothing to do with me. 

After a while, I stopped reading the comments on here and just watched the match.

Much more enjoyable that way; I'd recommend it.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I thought that was very good. It's a shame that some people had streaming issues - they probably should have left the YouTube stream up, so that at least something was available for people to watch. Personally I didn't have many problems, other than having to refresh a few times, which I can easily live with.

I'm massively in favour of playing regularly against France and supporting their development. I think we should be playing them home and away, every year. What are the chances of a game in France around Bastille Day? (July 14th)

Credit to the 5000 fans who turned up to watch tonight. I hope they all enjoyed it.

I'm not normally critical of the RFL and its partners but in this instance I'll make an exception. It is just wrong to try out this sort of stuff on your most loyal and supportive customers. No matter if it is free or not, is something you just do not do. Ask any professional p[product manager. Test, test and test again before going live. 

Not prepared  to comment on the actual game as so much of it was invisible, inaudible and inaccessible.  

6 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

a typical example of how to p off fans that have supported the game for years and attract no new fans

Nobody outside of loyal fans cared or was watching.

Defo no casual or new fans.

15 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Ask any professional p[product manager. Test, test and test again before going live. 

Kodak invented the digital camera but it wasn't without problems so they shelved it. Can you even buy Kodak cameras any more? In tech, especially with software getting out there is important even if the product isn't perfect. That's why mobile phones are released and then need software updates periodically to eliminate bugs. If they waited until the handset was perfect it would never be released, at least not before missing the boat.

It's a shame it didn't work well for some people and in this case there's not much reason why they shouldn't have it running smoothly but it's better to go ahead and try streaming than play to no more than go through the turnstiles.

9 minutes ago, Colin James said:

Kodak invented the digital camera but it wasn't without problems so they shelved it. Can you even buy Kodak cameras any more? In tech, especially with software getting out there is important even if the product isn't perfect. That's why mobile phones are released and then need software updates periodically to eliminate bugs. If they waited until the handset was perfect it would never be released, at least not before missing the boat.

It's a shame it didn't work well for some people and in this case there's not much reason why they shouldn't have it running smoothly but it's better to go ahead and try streaming than play to no more than go through the turnstiles.

Until retirement 2 1/2 years ago, I spent 52 years in the computer industry, ten of which were in software only for US corporations  in product management, sales management etc Always under pressure to ship product of course but had I launched anything so abysmal as tonight's shambles I'd have been fired.  Just not good enough.

"Sitting in a hotel in Corfu and cant get a connection to a PAID OFFICIAL rugby league stream ....live.rugby-league.com     

BUT the same internet  gives me a great stream FREE on  Modro...

Why should I pay for a service that is failing to deliver (not for the first time either) when an illegal stream gives me brilliant coverage.

Get it sorted.... I paid in good faith for a full season........ now I am (once again) having to  watch on a android telephone..##### fuming..."

Hmm this was my complaint  back in August on the PAYED RFL stream.

The thread got shut down by John Drake...

"I'd suggest to anyone paying for a service that they are not receiving, should complain directly to the service provider, rather than promote or encourage the use of alternative illegal services on here, which is against our T&Cs.

Thanks"

So maybe we should all complain to the ###### service we are now getting for free.....

Amatuers

the RFL and their streaming are ambarressing.

Does anyone know if this game will be available on demand for those like myself who missed it due to be overseas? Can't see anything on the RFL website sadly.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

As I've already indicated elsewhere on this thread, I'm not much of a techie but I was able to watch the entire game with it just freezing a couple of times. When it did that I shut it down and started it up again and it was fine. The picture quality was near perfect and very watchable. Had I paid for this service then I might have grumbled a little bit but it was free.

Seeing as others have also indicated they were happy with it, does this not reflect local internet issues rather than problems with the streaming broadcast if others had problems streaming it?

Feel free to shoot me down in flames if I'm wrong, I don't know enough about this stuff.

Anyway, I watched it, it was great, so there.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

7 hours ago, my missus said:

i have had no problems one slight stutter all game,really enjoyed it, i think some folk need to get better internet.

I have sensational internet. Couldnt log into the app at all, went back to bed.

I'm really saddened at how the sport treats the players / fans. 

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

Same experience for me. Couldn't log in on TV, computer, tablet and phone app (the latter two not even having a log on button).

Found a stream on YouTube that was apparently not an RFL official stream, so got shut down after half time. Couldn't watch the rest of the match.

The parts of the match in could watch involved production values 25 years out of date. The graphics were completely amateur. The replays were few. The sound key dropping out. The clock was 7 minutes behind FFS! Was the score even right? I'm not sure!

The presenters were also shocking. JJB sounds like someone talking to his mates down the pub or in the training ground, which to be fair they were all his mates. It just didn't seem professional at all.

The whole experience was completely amateur. It was a typical RFL production (done on the cheap). If that's the quality they can produce for an international game, then I take back my suggestion about leaving Sky and streaming our own content!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Plus : Belmas, had a couple decent carries and presented okay against a monster pack. Yesa, how in hell is he still in Elite? It was his first "pro" game and he did well going forward.

Cons : Baitieri, too much penalties. Barthau, mistimed passes and failed kicks.

On another hand, thanks and congrats to all the players that played yesterday. 

5 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Does anyone know if this game will be available on demand for those like myself who missed it due to be overseas? Can't see anything on the RFL website sadly.

No idea. They’ve had highlights of the previous games they’ve streamed. 

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

As I've already indicated elsewhere on this thread, I'm not much of a techie but I was able to watch the entire game with it just freezing a couple of times. When it did that I shut it down and started it up again and it was fine. The picture quality was near perfect and very watchable. Had I paid for this service then I might have grumbled a little bit but it was free.

Seeing as others have also indicated they were happy with it, does this not reflect local internet issues rather than problems with the streaming broadcast if others had problems streaming it?

Feel free to shoot me down in flames if I'm wrong, I don't know enough about this stuff.

No, it isn't down to local internet issues, we stream video content all the time in HD, no issues.

Pretty much everybody will now have broadband speeds that support streaming, this was an issue with the RFL's service.

The actual presentation of the game was OK, but the stream constantly dropping out got too much. I was casting to the TV, and to be honest, having to refresh the webpage all the time was just too much faff. Mind you, if the game had been a bit closer, I might have persisted with it.

The only thing I'd say about the actual coverage is I hope Kevin Brown doesn't try and make a career out of commentating. 

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Pretty much same experience as me. I think it only froze 3 times through the entire broadcast, not much of an hassle to just refresh the page is it? Amazing achievement as well seen as I have kcom! 

3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I agree with all above the bold sentance, mine froze I think 3 times for the whole game inc. half time talk, great quality picture.

Now on to the bold bit, "it was great" please tell me that was in referance to your streaming expierience and not the game itself, which was 'pants', had it been any other sport I would have turned it off but for some reason I always feel compelled to suffer and watch RL till the bitter end.

I attended the other 2 at the LSV v England, 60pts to 6pts in 2010, and 84pts to 4pts in 2015, and looking at the team France were fielding very much expected the same, so decided not to go, I detest one-sided games.

France just don't take it serious, even their best team would not have won against a much under strength England, and in keeping the score down in the second half was much more akin to Englands inadequate play and any lack of urgency than any French resurgence, this fixture is nothing more than one step up on a full contact training session there is no seriousness to it, Myler and Sutcliffe on the international stage, please!

Anyways back to the bold bit Rob, I can fully understand if your "it was great" referance was in relation to the game itself, as bad as I thought it was, I can imagine you taking solace and comfort from watching a team you favour and support winning comfortably ?. Bye.

Archived