Sign in to follow this  
Man of Kent

Sean O’Loughlin to Leeds

Just now, 17 stone giant said:

I heard he was going to London Broncos. The voices in my head told me.

The Forty20 boys are usually good on this stuff to be fair. 

Wow. That would be huge for Leeds and I'm sure a big payday for Shaun if true. A great player. 

Shaun O'Loughlin is a fantastic player who would improve any team and is hugely underated by some. The only issue is his injury record in recent years and as such a big wage being used on him would be a risk.

Are they "getting rid" of the England captain? What's the reliable source?

I’m sure he puts a shift in , but IMO I find the love in from commentators way over the top . They drone on about him like he’s a mix of Gordon Tallis and Wally Lewis . Even basic stuff is overhyped . Half the time I’m wondering what amazing stuff he’s doing 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

So fantastic that Wigan are getting rid?  

Contact finishing and getting rid are two completely different things. If O'Loughlin can get a lot more money elsewhere he would be foolish not to consider it when it will be his last payday.

One mark of a champion club is when to move their best players on. Surprised no-one has seen the parallel with Ellery Hanley moving to Leeds in the 90s. Not sure if Wigan today have a Phil Clarke coming through though!

1 minute ago, nkpom said:

One mark of a champion club is when to move their best players on. Surprised no-one has seen the parallel with Ellery Hanley moving to Leeds in the 90s. Not sure if Wigan today have a Phil Clarke coming through though!

A lot of truth to that too. In many way the Leeds decline can be attributed to managing that very badly and holding on to too many aging, declining players for too long.

Although Leeds got four very productive years out of Hanley so it certainly wasn't a bad deal from our POV.

Old Poodlehead though.... good player but not exactly in Hanley's league. I'd be very surprised if this wasn't made up rubbish.

51 minutes ago, Damien said:

Contact finishing and getting rid are two completely different things. If O'Loughlin can get a lot more money elsewhere he would be foolish not to consider it when it will be his last payday.

Definately agree.  Been a great player but not many paydays left.  Get what you can.

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I’m sure he puts a shift in , but IMO I find the love in from commentators way over the top . They drone on about him like he’s a mix of Gordon Tallis and Wally Lewis . Even basic stuff is overhyped . Half the time I’m wondering what amazing stuff he’s doing 

I think he's one of the top 5 players I've seen in Superleague.  Unfortunately he's been restricted by injuries and is now cracking on a bit to be leading a top side.  I think the rumour has legs, he's probably the leader that Leeds need and they can maybe afford to pay him a good wedge of cash to do it for a year before Edwards arrives.

It would be a massive gamble for Leeds but how many generals are out there at the moment?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

I think he's one of the top 5 players I've seen in Superleague.  Unfortunately he's been restricted by injuries and is now cracking on a bit to be leading a top side.  I think the rumour has legs, he's probably the leader that Leeds need and they can maybe afford to pay him a good wedge of cash to do it for a year before Edwards arrives.

It would be a massive gamble for Leeds but how many generals are out there at the moment?

Top five loose forwards I’d give you but top five players?. I’m not even sure he’d get in Wigan’s top five SL players. 

Edited by bobbruce

Seems like there’s going to be a clear out at Leeds. He’s 35 might join the coaching team at Leeds after 2 years

3 hours ago, Damien said:

A lot of truth to that too. In many way the Leeds decline can be attributed to managing that very badly and holding on to too many aging, declining players for too long. Wigan teams always look fit and mean; from what I've seen on the telly, those are not qualities I'd have attributed to Leeds this season.

That's true but Sinfield needs to find a proper captain to replace the unconvincing ones they've had since he retired. I bet he could bring the careers of Oledski and Ormondroyd on a treat.

Edited by Wolford6

6 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

That's true but Sinfield needs to find a proper captain to replace the unconvincing ones they've had since he retired. I bet he could bring the careers of Oledski and Ormondroyd on a treat.

I think you've messed up the quote of me a bit 😁

1 minute ago, Damien said:

I think you've messed up the quote of me a bit 😁

Apologies; my last bit got transposed into yours.

😬