I'm looking for Seta to come on strong this coming season. He was looking to become a good centre by the end of last season.  Ben Moores is as good as anyone when he's keeping out of the way of the officials.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Crucial to our ‘19 season will be the half backs and of course very reliable goal and tactical kicker/s.  Moore’s is good start to those pivotal positions, but experienced players who can shape games are in short supply and not cheap!  Some pace merchants too. My feeling is that Carl Foster will be surrounding himself with a big, mobile and formidable pack.  Look forward to developments.

On 10/21/2018 at 1:18 PM, glemiln said:

A former hero rumoured to be rejoining - from a neighbour's link! 

His experience could be invaluable.

https://trello.com/b/rVp9DsQ4/oldham-rlfc-2019

If it's who I assume it is,a few people on here thought he lacked the pace for the championship when we signed him. Interesting.

3 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

If it's who I assume it is,a few people on here thought he lacked the pace for the championship when we signed him. Interesting.

A kickers job is to kick and non better outside super league than Paul Crook in field and between the posts, better than the one we got of you. And there's not a lot of running being an assistant coach,

Edited by The Lad

8 hours ago, The Lad said:

A kickers job is to kick and non better outside super league than Paul Crook in field and between the posts, better than the one we got of you. And there's not a lot of running being an assistant coach,

It was your club's decision to sign palfrey. Crooks kicking didn't exactly set the world on fire last season. I didn't know he was taking on an assistant coaching role. I was merely quoting something a couple of guys on here said when we signed him. It just seemed a little ironic.

According to the ‘’Trello” link above, Anthony Stewart is our new assistant coach, with no news of Crooks!

2 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

It was your club's decision to sign palfrey. Crooks kicking didn't exactly set the world on fire last season. I didn't know he was taking on an assistant coaching role. I was merely quoting something a couple of guys on here said when we signed him. It just seemed a little ironic.

As I understand it his main role will be assistant to the assistant coach with some playing duties. Having a player/coach means we need more input in the coaching area. It's a shame we can't bring the goal kicker on like they do in American football, there aren't many better kickers than Crooky.

Getting rid of him to sign Palfrey had a few of us shaking our heads.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

A very interesting coaching/playing set-up, especially that each of the three has played at Hornets during their careers. Our squad will have an abundance of experience to call upon.  Hopefully, we shall have some good news in that area soon. 

2 hours ago, glemiln said:

According to the ‘’Trello” link above, Anthony Stewart is our new assistant coach, with no news of Crooks!

Anthony Stewart was Carls assistant at Haven I think,so it might be true.

58 minutes ago, glemiln said:

Jo Tiara has signed - - for Batley!

Hope they can fix his knee, he was still limping on Sunday when I saw him.

2 hours ago, glemiln said:

Was definitely staying had Matt got the job - big loss 

1 hour ago, Gavinr said:

Also heard he was coming to the Rams if Kilshaw had got the coaching job 😉

1 hour ago, Gavinr said:

Not like you to post a negative comment Gavin!!

If you assess Carl Forster and Jo Taira, Jo most definitely gives you a more explosive defence,

but along with that, he is still a bit of a penalty machine. Carl Forster's defence is good and his stats

regarding try scoring are better than Jo's, albeit in a lower division, I expect him to be a better on field

leader than Jo, so I suppose it's a wait and see to whether Jo's loss will be a big one.

40 minutes ago, Heywood Tiger said:

Joe put bums on seats, it’s as simple as that he’s a massive loss. One of very few players last year worth paying to watch

Unfortunately for us, statistics say otherwise.

2017 Average home attendances 878

2018 Average home attendances 549.

These figures point to home fixtures against Oldham, Hull KR and Bradford putting bums on seats

at Spotland, rather than any Hornet's players performances, I wish it were different, but we are probably

down to a hardcore of 250/300 home supporters per game. If 20 supporters decide not to attend any more

due to Jo's departure, their loss will be more than offset by Widnes, Bradford and even York's return to the

Championship, they will probably bring an extra 1,000 away fans between them. Plus we may get a few

more home spectators watching because Carl Forster was well liked during his last successful playing spell 

with the club.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, glemiln said:

real loss of us, a hard hitting forward and an fan favourite. Hope he achieves all he wants , best of luck to him.

Edited by The Lad

2 hours ago, Popeye Doyle said:

Unfortunately for us, statistics say otherwise.

2017 Average home attendances 878

2018 Average home attendances 549.

These figures point to home fixtures against Oldham, Hull KR and Bradford putting bums on seats

at Spotland, rather than any Hornet's players performances, I wish it were different, but we are probably

down to a hardcore of 250/300 home supporters per game. If 20 supporters decide not to attend any more

due to Jo's departure, their loss will be more than offset by Widnes, Bradford and even York's return to the

Championship, they will probably bring an extra 1,000 away fans between them. Plus we may get a few

more home spectators watching because Carl Forster was well liked during his last successful playing spell 

with the club.

This year is a cash and grab to want of a better word, Widnes Bradford and York being in championship they will make our home attendances very profitable which is key to our survival weather we stay up or not. If we stay up it will make life easier, if we go down it will make us able to keep players we might not be able to without money we will have got from those clubs,

Edited by The Lad