Sign in to follow this  
Clogiron

James Hewitt's lad

I know it's a admirable cause and all that but would the BBC be falling over it self to give it so much coverage, likewise the usual culprits in the press, if the aforementioned wasn't the face of The Invictus game's? Many of us believe we could never be stupid enough over here to let a clown like Trump into power but when you realise the way that royalty acts and the almost blind acceptance of it you really begin to wonder.    Same with the title of this thread although your eye's tell you such it's regarded as something that's not to be spoken about, like the King's new clothes appropriately enough, are we really so cowed into submission nowadays?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Clogiron said:

I know it's a admirable cause and all that but would the BBC be falling over it self to give it so much coverage, likewise the usual culprits in the press, if the aforementioned wasn't the face of The Invictus game's? Many of us believe we could never be stupid enough over here to let a clown like Trump into power but when you realise the way that royalty acts and the almost blind acceptance of it you really begin to wonder.    Same with the title of this thread although your eye's tell you such it's regarded as something that's not to be spoken about, like the King's new clothes appropriately enough, are we really so cowed into submission nowadays?

I read it and I read it again and I still have no idea what point you're making 

2 hours ago, Clogiron said:

Fig 1

Clogiron, yesterday

DDADFBB9-A7C1-4173-A780-C9CAA4A46F27.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Fig 1

Clogiron, yesterday

I don't know who you got to impersonate me but a: He's got too much hair, b: He ain't got a beard, 😄 you'll never catch me alive wearing a tie and I never drink spirits otherwise pretty good. Forgive me for overestimating your brain power but it was a doubleheader, in future I'll stick to one subject at a time. And shame on you for spoiling my sequence of closing a thread down with just one post! 

the Hewitt harry thing has to be one of the biggest urban myths ever thought up, I come from a family of brothers, we all look different, the youngest looks like a Chinese les dawson - work that one out.

• Like 1

Ginger's dad apart what about the BBC coverage of the Invictus game's, is it just because he's the Patron of it?  Err, hang on isn't he allegedly the patron of another sport too!

Didn't think I would have to explain this but seems you all got hung up on the Hewitt thing.

3 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Ginger's dad apart what about the BBC coverage of the Invictus game's, is it just because he's the Patron of it?  Err, hang on isn't he allegedly the patron of another sport too!

Didn't think I would have to explain this but seems you all got hung up on the Hewitt thing.

No

yes, and more RL gets televised than disabled sport

no you posted after consuming what I can only assume was half your own body weight in Merlot and gibbled on unintelligibly and now you’re trying to make it look coherent

Shadow, there's plenty of other 'disabled' games held you know like the Transplant games, Chrons & Collitis games etc, do the BBC offer any coverage of them let alone the amount they have given, and spent, to Harry's little soire. No I don't drink Merlot, I stick to Beer, and If you even weigh half as much as me I would be surprised. As for being incoherent once again I'm sorry I overestimated your intelligence, by a great deal it seems, or are you just Trump's shadow. 

Bye.

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Shadow, there's plenty of other 'disabled' games held you know like the Transplant games, Chrons & Collitis games etc, do the BBC offer any coverage of them let alone the amount they have given, and spent, to Harry's little soire. No I don't drink Merlot, I stick to Beer, and If you even weigh half as much as me I would be surprised. As for being incoherent once again I'm sorry I overestimated your intelligence, by a great deal it seems, or are you just Trump's shadow. 

Bye.

Aaand that’s what the ignore button is for

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Clogiron said:

Harry's little soire 

At the launch of the first Invictus Games Harry said that the Games would "demonstrate the power of sport to inspire recovery, support rehabilitation and demonstrate life beyond disability".

If he is then able to get TV coverage to help fund recovery and support rehabilitation and demonstrate there is life beyond disability, then good for him.

Now please explain why you have a problem with our injured service men and women having this outlet and support. Or is it just because someone you don't like has organised it?

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino

There is a valid point to be made - to an extent - about *some* of the coverage of the Invictus games versus the near media silence you get for disability games outside the Paralympics. But it's hardly wall to wall and not remotely on a par with an average week of Premier League transfer gossip.

In short: get over yourself.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Clogiron said:

Maybe something to do with it being an international event showcasing the amazing exploits of people who have suffered catastrophic life changing injuries when fighting for their country?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Maybe something to do with it being an international event showcasing the amazing exploits of people who have suffered catastrophic life changing injuries when fighting for their country?

Exactly. I grumble about going to work when I feel a bit iffy. Some of this lot lose arms and legs and get on with life. Whether you approve of the royals or not, it's incredible what some people can achieve.

And he didn't have to do this did he? So credit to him.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

the Hewitt harry thing has to be one of the biggest urban myths ever thought up, I come from a family of brothers, we all look different, the youngest looks like a Chinese les dawson - work that one out.

Didn't you used to get your milk from Wangs Dairy? Hmmm

13 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

cooper.jpg

Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. And there are 5 people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother Colin. Or my younger brother HoChaChu. But I think it's Colin

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Shadow said:

cooper.jpg

Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. And there are 5 people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother Colin. Or my younger brother HoChaChu. But I think it's Colin

My brother does carry a little red book around . I always thought it was a Ladbrokes diary but I’m starting to think now ...

14 hours ago, Clogiron said:

Bye.

The son  of a member of my old OP crew has won gold medals for Gt Britain in the Invictus games, these games have given service men and women a goal to aim for and I'm sure they have staved of many a suicide.

https://www.stevearnoldsport.com/news/

My Own son served at the same time as Harry in Afghanistan and he can only speak highly of the man and because of how he has conducted himself most ex-servicemen I know also hold him in high regard.

Going back to Hewitt, even if he was the father, Charles has proved to be a good DAD.

• Like 4

On 10/17/2018 at 7:32 PM, Clogiron said:

Strange.

Wow, what it is to be loved! I am not denigrating the games, my opening line was 'I know it's a admirable cause and all that'  which is what I think but why is royalty still treated with such deference over here, the Hewitt thing might be a 'Urban Myth' here but overseas some of the press discuss it and regard it as a fact, including his mother being known as a bit of a bike.. Johnny Foreigner eh!  Wouldn't be the first time as history tells us that such things have gone on would it. in these supposedly more enlightened and open times there remains a section of the media, especially the BBC, Mail, Express etc that falls at the feet of Royalty and will brook no criticism no matter what. Is it really healthy to live in such a society, isn't that what we admonish in other countries like Turkey, Syria, Afghanistan, the old Eastern block countries, oppression of news, a controlled sycophantic media.Ok it's at either end of extremes and nobody's life is in immediate danger 'cos the BBC shows a programme about Charles telling us we have to go green whilst he jets around the world watching children sing and dance a few dozen times a year but why do we have to put up with such sh*t anyway. Maybe when a few more of the oldies have died off we should have a referendum on keeping Royalty.......   Er, on second thoughts that's a stupid idea!

BTW I'm not drunk, I had a couple of brother's one of whom was ginger as was the Milkman, but he started when my mother was 4 month's pregnant, and I'm not a royalist you may be surprised to hear.

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

My brother does carry a little red book around . I always thought it was a Ladbrokes diary but I’m starting to think now ...

Wasn't a Trainspotter was he.🚂📙🏡🏡😀😀

2 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Wow, what it is to be loved! I am not denigrating the games, my opening line was 'I know it's a admirable cause and all that'  which is what I think but why is royalty still treated with such deference over here, the Hewitt thing might be a 'Urban Myth' here but overseas some of the press discuss it and regard it as a fact, including his mother being known as a bit of a bike.. Johnny Foreigner eh!  Wouldn't be the first time as history tells us that such things have gone on would it. in these supposedly more enlightened and open times there remains a section of the media, especially the BBC, Mail, Express etc that falls at the feet of Royalty and will brook no criticism no matter what. Is it really healthy to live in such a society, isn't that what we admonish in other countries like Turkey, Syria, Afghanistan, the old Eastern block countries, oppression of news, a controlled sycophantic media.Ok it's at either end of extremes and nobody's life is in immediate danger 'cos the BBC shows a programme about Charles telling us we have to go green whilst he jets around the world watching children sing and dance a few dozen times a year but why do we have to put up with such sh*t anyway. Maybe when a few more of the oldies have died off we should have a referendum on keeping Royalty.......   Er, on second thoughts that's a stupid idea!

BTW I'm not drunk, I had a couple of brother's one of whom was ginger as was the Milkman, but he started when my mother was 4 month's pregnant, and I'm not a royalist you may be surprised to hear.

Is it really more healthy to live in Turkey, Syria, Russia, Afghanistan ffs, Ask your mother about the milkman.