Sign in to follow this  
Blind side johnny

KCOM Parking

The test match against NZ at the KCOM is a 2.30pm kick off on a Saturday. All of the information on the Hull RLFC site about car parking refers to evening games, so can anyone tell me where parking might be available for this match?

I have tried contacting the club via Twitter but there has been no response whatsoever and asking anyone at the RFL would be the usual waste of time.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

11 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

The test match against NZ at the KCOM is a 2.30pm kick off on a Saturday. All of the information on the Hull RLFC site about car parking refers to evening games, so can anyone tell me where parking might be available for this match?

I have tried contacting the club via Twitter but there has been no response whatsoever and asking anyone at the RFL would be the usual waste of time.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

There is a decent park and ride on the way into Hull from the M62/A63 if you're coming from that direction

Yes. Follow the signs to Priory Park and Ride

Park & ride sounds good - thanks guys.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

I've used it before mate, saves stressing about where to park. Reasonable price too. Enjoy the game.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Make sure none of the working girls nick your wallet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just bought two tickets. Had to plan the shortest, most level , minimum effort walk and climb to the seats. This better be good!!

Be careful if you park anywhere near the Boulevard, the no parking signs are/was pretty high up on the lamp posts.

plenty of parking around the ground 

will take awhile to get away after game 

park and ride best option 

2 minutes ago, henage said:

HU139NT

Cheers henage, have you used this in the past, any tips on times, accessibility, prices etc. 

No but plenty of friends use it for games both rugby and football 

Prices / security are good , access from M62 /West of the city is very good , no driving into the city , straight of Clive Sullivan way .

Buses still use the same roads as everyone else apart from a few short BUS ONLY stretches going to the stadium but its not far .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, henage said:

No but plenty of friends use it for games both rugby and football 

Prices / security are good , access from M62 /West of the city is very good , no driving into the city , straight of Clive Sullivan way .

Buses still use the same roads as everyone else apart from a few short BUS ONLY stretches going to the stadium but its not far .

Sounds just the job, how about ease of getting back via the bus, is it bedlam after the game or not used as much as I'm thinking it could be? 

You will be sat in traffic , maybe wait about after game have a beer in one of the stadium bars , shouldn't be a major problem .

Maybe a short walk away from the area would get you away from one or two traffic bottle necks .

Just as a side note Tony Randerson the well respected amateur referee use to work at the park and ride .

If he still does you'll probably spot him keeping the passengers back from the bus stop with a narrow 10m

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Excellent advice guys. Priory Rd was easy and convenient and the Hull transport did a first class job in getting us all away efficiently.

I would more than happily attend an international at KCOM again.

Many thanks.

• Like 2

On 10/18/2018 at 4:29 PM, henage said:

You will be sat in traffic , maybe wait about after game have a beer in one of the stadium bars , shouldn't be a major problem .

Maybe a short walk away from the area would get you away from one or two traffic bottle necks .

Just as a side note Tony Randerson the well respected amateur referee use to work at the park and ride .

If he still does you'll probably spot him keeping the passengers back from the bus stop with a narrow 10m

Tony was actually part of the officials today well done to him 

• Like 1