Sign in to follow this  
Mattrhino

Leeds New Signing

Recommended Posts

Delighted with this signing, he will go well in SL and provide some much needed entertainment at Headingley, think there’s one orher big signing to come from Australia 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really good signing who will be a hit in super league, with his size and power. My only query is that he is a right centre - the position Leeds' captain and best player occupies! So either he shifts to the left, or moves into the back row? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Average. Very very average..

He's popular, but not he's just not that good.

I'm baffled as to one of our biggest clubs is signing someone of this ilk.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exciting player. The type who will tear up SL in my opinion. 

Walker Briscoe, Watkins, Hurrell, Handley/Briscoe/Newman Myler Lolohea is a really exciting backline.

And with Sutcliffe, Golding in back up There is a lot better balance than we had this year.

A prop and a couple of second rowers and Thats a squad we can really build from 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, damp squib said:

He's a great signing for Superleague but I'm not sure he's a great signing for Leeds.

Why? we have lost Hall who makes a lot of metres running out from our own half, as does Hurrell, he is a very powerful runner and we really needed to replace Moon at centre, the only downside is he is used to playing in the same spot as Watkins so either he or Watkins will have to shift sides.

Matt Santos - who should leeds be signing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Why? we have lost Hall who makes a lot of metres running out from our own half, as does Hurrell, he is a very powerful runner and we really needed to replace Moon at centre, the only downside is he is used to playing in the same spot as Watkins so either he or Watkins will have to shift sides.

Matt Santos - who should leeds be signing? 

Leeds have had a tumultuous time of it lately and really need a solid season next year.

Hurrell will be a crowd favourite with his hit ups but he's the ultimate rocks and diamonds player and regularly comes up with a few howlers.

I might be wrong though and as a neutral I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great signing can't wait to see him...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, damp squib said:

Leeds have had a tumultuous time of it lately and really need a solid season next year.

Hurrell will be a crowd favourite with his hit ups but he's the ultimate rocks and diamonds player and regularly comes up with a few howlers.

I might be wrong though and as a neutral I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

What we need at Headingley is some entertainment as really it has been dire for the last two seasons (even though we won a GF) I do sort of agree we need some solidity but I'm hoping we can get some finings in the second row and pack that will give us a good platform, but the project of having 2 exciting players like Lolohea and Hurrell for next year really will give the supporters a boost I think.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Average. Very very average..

He's popular, but not he's just not that good.

I'm baffled as to one of our biggest clubs is signing someone of this ilk.

 

Average in NRL = amazing in SL. That's the general rule. 

Must admit I don't often watch GC Titans games so not sure how he's been playing last couple of seasons but saw him a lot at NZ Warriors where he had a massive impact. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Average in NRL = amazing in SL. That's the general rule. 

Must admit I don't often watch GC Titans games so not sure how he's been playing last couple of seasons but saw him a lot at NZ Warriors where he had a massive impact. 

He hasn’t been as influential with the GC as with the Warriors. Whether he has lost a little as he’s aged or it was a case of not fully fitting into the team....

I notice he hasn’t made the Tongan team to play Oz either.

He may enjoy the more open style of SL. I see it as a bit of a gamble though.

Edited by RayCee
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think his impact in the NRL has dulled a little over time as backs over here get bigger, but his size and power will really sort out some super league centres. He's an attacking ball runner who will love a less structured and disciplined game - at times I think NRL coaches have pushed him too hard into structure, doing the 1%ers and all that stuff. I think fitness can be an issue with both Hurrell and Lolohea, but if they can keep the weight off and stay fit, they could both really do well. Signings like those two, and Austin at Warrington, are exciting for the competition.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ghost crayfish said:

I think his impact in the NRL has dulled a little over time as backs over here get bigger, but his size and power will really sort out some super league centres. He's an attacking ball runner who will love a less structured and disciplined game - at times I think NRL coaches have pushed him too hard into structure, doing the 1%ers and all that stuff. I think fitness can be an issue with both Hurrell and Lolohea, but if they can keep the weight off and stay fit, they could both really do well. Signings like those two, and Austin at Warrington, are exciting for the competition.

Agreed SL in the past was far more entertaining than the NRL because it was a bit less structured (whether that has helped in the international game is another point) so players Like Lolohea and Hurrell tend to shine but over the last few years SL clubs have tried to go down the NRL route and it has been all the poorer for it IMO

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think he’s bang average tbh. Burst onto the scene at the Warriors and looked as though he could really go places, then had issues with his weight and performance and was shipped off to the Titans, where he’s not exactly set the world alight. 

He’ll probably do quite well on the edges for Leeds but I’m not sure he’ll be one of the top players in the league. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a clue how he'll go, but I know he did well for me on RL Live 3 on XBOX, so he seems a good signing. :biggrin:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he comes across with the wrong attitude, as he has shown at times in the past, and out of shape then this could go disastrously wrong. If he keeps in shape though and is coming to play then it could turn out to be a very good signing. He is certainly no wingers centre but on his day is a cut above many of the centres in Super League and could score plenty one on one with a bit of space close to the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Damien said:

If he comes across with the wrong attitude, as he has shown at times in the past, and out of shape then this could go disastrously wrong. If he keeps in shape though and is coming to play then it could turn out to be a very good signing. He is certainly no wingers centre but on his day is a cut above many of the centres in Super League and could score plenty one on one with a bit of space close to the line.

I'm hoping the fact that he has worked with both David Furner and Lolohea before will mean he gets back into some form.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is a good signing . He is frustrating with his handling errors in the ruck , but it’s mainly a concentration and attention to detail issue a lot of the time . And of course playing the ball isn’t important here anyway ! He has great assets in strength power and a bit of xfactor . He’s also a great character and will garner quite a following. It is true he hasn’t fulfilled all the potential of his youth and hasn’t always applied himself but maybe a change of scenery and the style of SL is what he needs . Tidy up the rough edges and this is as good a signing as we are gonna get from down there 

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Think he’s bang average tbh. Burst onto the scene at the Warriors and looked as though he could really go places, then had issues with his weight and performance and was shipped off to the Titans, where he’s not exactly set the world alight. 

He’ll probably do quite well on the edges for Leeds but I’m not sure he’ll be one of the top players in the league. 

A bit like Lachlan Coote I suppose ? He was a waste of space at NQC.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Why? we have lost Hall who makes a lot of metres running out from our own half, as does Hurrell, he is a very powerful runner and we really needed to replace Moon at centre, the only downside is he is used to playing in the same spot as Watkins so either he or Watkins will have to shift sides.

Matt Santos - who should leeds be signing? 

Better centres. 

Failing that, younger, less injury/weight prone players with something to prove / aspire to.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Loiner said:

A bit like Lachlan Coote I suppose ? He was a waste of space at NQC.

Lachlan Coote - 1 NRL Grand Final Win. 

Konrad Hurrell - Erm...He’s funny. 

Not sure what your issue is. I, like many others, on this thread, chose to discuss Hurrell’s career and in particular his poor performances, his weight issues and his attitude. You’ve taken offence with me. Odd. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Loiner said:

A bit like Lachlan Coote I suppose ? He was a waste of space at NQC.

They didnt have a great season, but he wasnt 1st or even 2nd choice for big spells.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hurrell will go well for SL. He is a top player on his day and will be a crowd favourite. Unless Leeds play him as another half back :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   1 member


League Express Yearbook 2018/19 - Order Now


Rugby League World - Nov 2018

Rugby League World - Nov 2018



League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday