Sign in to follow this  
Lowdesert

Jamie to London?

Recommended Posts

Jamie Acton apparently from London and rumoured to be in their sights.

If someone picks him up and gives him a shake he could elbow his way in.  Maybe Wardy can get him to knuckle down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure "knuckle down" is the best choice of phrase TBH.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dixiedean said:

Not sure "knuckle down" is the best choice of phrase TBH.

Sorry, forgot I’d put that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dixiedean said:

Not sure "knuckle down" is the best choice of phrase TBH.

Or elbow his way in. He’s actually a reasonable player, but seems to have a bit of a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Teessidewire said:

Or elbow his way in. He’s actually a reasonable player, but seems to have a bit of a problem.

Just a bit

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they do sign him I hope for their sakes it's on a pay per game contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't he banned for most of the season already?

Or can they knock off pre-season games?

From what I have read he is a thug and the club would be seriously prejudicing it's hard earned image by employing him.

We have plenty of good young props.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Leonard said:

 

From what I have read he is a thug and the club would be seriously prejudicing it's hard earned image by employing him.

We have plenty of good young props.

 

 

I prefer unrestrained enthusiasm.

Maybe he just needs the right guidance.

Sign with a good behaviour bond, let him work wonders for the first half of the season and give him the option of picking up his P45 for the second if he’s naughty? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He can do it somewhere else.

It's not like he has been caught just the once.

Broncos aren't a care in the community organisation and it's not like he is Andy Platt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clogiron said:

If they do sign him I hope for their sakes it's on a pay per game contract.

How much can he afford to pay to play? 

Broncos could do with the cash.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, geographically, Acton is right next door to Ealing...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Business in Leigh, he will end up at Salford or Wigan

thats great news. Hopefully with the humbles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't he potentially end someone's career this season? a young lad?

Wigan seem to be willing to prostitute themselves for any basket case at the moment.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His terrible disciplinary record means that even if he were to clean up his act he wouldn't be given the benefit of the doubt on marginal decisions by referees or the RFL judiciary. He's also prone to losing the ball in contact. I'm suprised he's attracting Super League interest, perhaps there isn't a lot of quality out there at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Well, geographically, Acton is right next door to Ealing...

IIRC Jamie Acton went to school at St Benedict's - right around the corner from Trailfinders.

But I can't see Danny Ward wanting this guy anywhere near the club. He's all about the team, the club, working together as a whole. A headcase like Acton really isn't his type of player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good player, just needs a older head around to keep the red mist in check. Off the pitch a real gent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, newbe said:

Good player, just needs a older head around to keep the red mist in check. Off the pitch a real gent. 

He can buddy-up with Ben Flower at the humbles. What could possibly go wrong?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, newbe said:

Good player, just needs a older head around to keep the red mist in check. Off the pitch a real gent. 

The problem is when he's on the pitch. Plenty owd heads tried helping him. But the brainfarts are much too common. I hope he gets another gig and can better himself. But history says not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thing is Actons on field issues gets him banned so often that if he does change his ways he will struggle as hes not played a full season in years.

Hes not a very fit lad.

If any club takes a gamble on him then good luck ..A shame he wasn't about in the 80s , if so Sorrenson Skerrett, Boyd Pike Cotterell Haggerty Fieldhouse to name a few would have had him on toast..And to be fair most of the above named played 80 minutes , not skulking off after 20 for a breather......  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Thunder Road said:

Thing is Actons on field issues gets him banned so often that if he does change his ways he will struggle as hes not played a full season in years.

Hes not a very fit lad.

If any club takes a gamble on him then good luck ..A shame he wasn't about in the 80s , if so Sorrenson Skerrett, Boyd Pike Cotterell Haggerty Fieldhouse to name a few would have had him on toast..And to be fair most of the above named played 80 minutes , not skulking off after 20 for a breather......  

Add Ward to that illustrious list

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies for. ...How could I forget Kevin Ward.......Animal.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express Yearbook 2018/19 - Order Now


Rugby League World - Nov 2018

Rugby League World - Nov 2018



League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday