Sign in to follow this  
Forever Trinity

Koppy leaves Salford

Recommended Posts

Nobody important if that's what you mean, why would they be.

It's amazing how finishing 5th and that extra 50k can make a difference

 

For your benefit, leaving or at least OOC are Hirst, Baldwinson, Finn, Mason Caton Brown (whom we got a fee for). Combine that lot plus the bit extra and you get Kopczac, King and Reynolds - pretty basic math imo.

None are exactly world beaters but all are upgrades on what had before - basic team building.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Nobody important if that's what you mean, why would they be.

It's amazing how finishing 5th and that extra 50k can make a difference

 

For your benefit, leaving or at least OOC are Hirst, Baldwinson, Finn, Mason Caton Brown (whom we got a fee for). Combine that lot plus the bit extra and you get Kopczac, King and Reynolds - pretty basic math imo.

None are exactly world beaters but all are upgrades on what had before - basic team building.

It was an extra 25K for 5th over 6th, so we got the same amount as 2017. Also Hirst is contracted for next year. There’s been contract upgrades throughout the season and crowds were down but the books will ballance eventually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Koppy has been a great player for Salford, never gives anything but 100%. He is coming to the end of his career and has shown signs over wear and tear in the last year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Craig will be short of options.

Leeds could do with him ... he offers maximum graft, minimum gob. So could Wakefield, London and Hull KR.

We could do with him even more.

If Craig goes to Wakefield, we could definitely do with Keegan Hirst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Not sure the Salford strategy of “sell all our forwards to facilitate Jackson Hastings’ retention” is going to work tbh. 

  I think all of the outgoing forwards were rumoured to be going,long before Jackson Hastings arrived.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Red Willow said:

Koppy has been a great player for Salford, never gives anything but 100%. He is coming to the end of his career and has shown signs over wear and tear in the last year

Well you would say that wouldn’t you. In this modern age there is plenty of footage out there of virtually every SL player. I’ve been watching him for most of the season because I knew we were interested and I have seen no sighn of ‘wear or tear,.

Whatever the reason Salford are letting him go that’s not it - other peoples wage packets are a more likely explanation imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Nobody important if that's what you mean, why would they be.

It's amazing how finishing 5th and that extra 50k can make a difference

 

For your benefit, leaving or at least OOC are Hirst, Baldwinson, Finn, Mason Caton Brown (whom we got a fee for). Combine that lot plus the bit extra and you get Kopczac, King and Reynolds - pretty basic math imo.

None are exactly world beaters but all are upgrades on what had before - basic team building.

 

19 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Well you would say that wouldn’t you. In this modern age there is plenty of footage out there of virtually every SL player. I’ve been watching him for most of the season because I knew we were interested and I have seen no sighn of ‘wear or tear,.

Whatever the reason Salford are letting him go that’s not it - other peoples wage packets are a more likely explanation imho.

My god, how touchy are you

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strange Salford have let go multiple forwards without bringing any in apart from maybe Dudson,there is only Mossop left who is barely above average,unless they bring in 3 quality forwards then regardless of who they have in the backs its probably going to be another long season if your a Salford fan.

Edited by DG70
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rhinos78 said:

 

My god, how touchy are you

My god I’ll be sure to ask you for permission next time o wish to give an opinion - now jog on there’s a good lad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DG70 said:

Strange Salford have let go multiple forwards without bringing any in apart from maybe Dudson,there is only Mossop left who is barely above average,unless they bring in 3 quality forwards then regardless of who they have in the backs its probably going to be another long season if your a Salford fan.

My thoughts exactly. 

Kyle Amor has been told to find a new club from what I gather so could be an option there too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Eleftherios said:

Great signing by Trinity, building a pretty strong squad. 

Hey keep your positive Trinity opinions to yourself - there are some rather touchy Rhino fans out there (and a few from Wigan and Hull) - remember SL only belongs to the fans of certain clubs.

i know await the frenzied responses to my uperty post 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Well you would say that wouldn’t you. In this modern age there is plenty of footage out there of virtually every SL player. I’ve been watching him for most of the season because I knew we were interested and I have seen no sighn of ‘wear or tear,.

Whatever the reason Salford are letting him go that’s not it - other peoples wage packets are a more likely explanation imho.

I'm not convinced by the argument that this is to pay for JH or any other player. There are many possible reasons, one such doing the rounds is that there has been a rift with IW. That sounds more likely to me, but I would say that, wouldn't I?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

My god I’ll be sure to ask you for permission next time o wish to give an opinion - now jog on there’s a good lad.

Good, make sure you do, make sure its better than your standard ones or i wont be granting it son

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway Koppy😥 gone, bring on a signing or two, please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DG70 said:

Strange Salford have let go multiple forwards without bringing any in apart from maybe Dudson,there is only Mossop left who is barely above average,unless they bring in 3 quality forwards then regardless of who they have in the backs its probably going to be another long season if your a Salford fan.

They’re signing Adam Walker after his drug ban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Well you would say that wouldn’t you. In this modern age there is plenty of footage out there of virtually every SL player. I’ve been watching him for most of the season because I knew we were interested and I have seen no sighn of ‘wear or tear,.

Whatever the reason Salford are letting him go that’s not it - other peoples wage packets are a more likely explanation imho.

You haven't been watching his performances over a few seasons. He will be great for the first season, I would loved for him to stay. There will be more injuries and longer time out. If the rumours are true,he fell out with Watson about 6 months ago and wanted to leave then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, rhinos78 said:

My god, how touchy are you

KP's is the only opinion that matters and is correct, you should know that by now.

18 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

My god I’ll be sure to ask you for permission next time o wish to give an opinion - now jog on there’s a good lad.

Charming. Have you tried RLFans?

18 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

I'm not convinced by the argument that this is to pay for JH or any other player. There are many possible reasons, one such doing the rounds is that there has been a rift with IW. That sounds more likely to me, but I would say that, wouldn't I?

:laugh:

17 hours ago, rhinos78 said:

Good, make sure you do, make sure its better than your standard ones or i wont be granting it son

I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One year deal though, which seems a little strange considering they've paid a fee for him (albeit probably a nominal one).

And for the benefit of Kirmonds (sic) Pouch, it's important to point out that this in no way diminishes Wakefield, and that they remain everyone's second favourite club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express Yearbook 2018/19 - Order Now


Rugby League World - Nov 2018

Rugby League World - Nov 2018



League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday