Sign in to follow this  

The man is a Grade A idiot.

• Like 1

To be fair to him, it's probably just a bit of light hearted joking. Nothing too serious IMO.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

To be fair to him, it's probably just a bit of light hearted joking. Nothing too serious IMO.

It probably was, but it is handing out a stick to beaten with.

Headline "Former Rugby League international calls Papua New Guineans cannibals causing diplomatic row".

Grade A idiot.

Just now, Marauder said:

He has been one of the best.

Only as a player.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Padge said:

It probably was, but it is handing out a stick to beaten with.

Headline "Former Rugby League international calls Papua New Guineans cannibals causing diplomatic row".

Grade A idiot.

Aye, he might possibly be a bit more diplomatic. But I doubt he's being malicious.

Just now, Johnoco said:

Aye, he might possibly be a bit more diplomatic. But I doubt he's being malicious.

It is how such a statement can be used that can make it appear "malicious".

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

Something of nothing really, a bit crude but cannibalism is / was practiced until recently so he’s not technically wrong.

He is wrong. Nobody in PNG is interested in eating an English rugby league team.

He’s being an imbecile.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As anyone who's been on here for more than 5 minutes will know, i'm not GS's biggest fan. But come on, let's not hang people out to dry for harmless comments. I imagine he knows more about PNG than most of us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This relates to Indonesia but I love sharing this story.

I once went to a pizza party in Java where I met a Dayak tribesman. He was telling me how great life is in Borneo and that I should visit. He said I’d be very welcome in Dayak territory and the hospitality is great.

I told him that I’d be worried because of the recent outbreak of cannibalism by Dayak warriors (100s killed). He laughed and said “Don’t worry, we only eat the Javanese” and then took a bit theatrical bite of his pizza.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

As this thread confirms.

When the joke enters your head, it is best to think about delivery rather than blurt it out.

Looks like there’s plenty of support for this kind of casual racism on here too. Not surprising. Especially from some. It’s okay to be an ignorant racist as long as you think it’s funny and people like you also think it’s okay.

1 minute ago, East Coast Tiger said:

Looks like there’s plenty of support for this kind of casual racism on here too. Not surprising. Especially from some. It’s okay to be an ignorant racist as long as you think it’s funny and people like you also think it’s okay.

Plenty of support? Or not just hanging someone based on hearsay? I bet he knows more people from PNG than me and you combined.

10 minutes ago, East Coast Tiger said:

Grow up idiot,speaking the truth isn't racist.

Edited by frank
  • Like 1

Just now, frank said:

1 minute ago, frank said:

Get real idiot,speaking the truth isn't racist.

Just now, Johnoco said:

Plenty of support? Or not just hanging someone based on hearsay? I bet he knows more people from PNG than me and you combined.

What? How is it hearsay? He wrote it. It’s there for all to see.

And I doubt he does know more PNG people than me, nor is that relevant. The “I’m not racist because I know black people” line is so ridiculous it’s only used as a joke these days. Although there’s one forum member I know who thinks it’s relevant.

2 minutes ago, frank said:

It’s the truth is it? The fans in Port Moresby might eat the England players?

Well done. You’ve just highlighted my point about ignorant racists.

12 minutes ago, frank said:

Nobody in PNG wants to eat an English rugby league team. To suggest some do is simply bizarre.

10 minutes ago, East Coast Tiger said:

What? How is it hearsay? He wrote it. It’s there for all to see.

And I doubt he does know more PNG people than me, nor is that relevant. The “I’m not racist because I know black people” line is so ridiculous it’s only used as a joke these days. Although there’s one forum member I know who thinks it’s relevant.

Twitter is FACT 

27 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

PNG is the closest country to Australia. In parts of Australia we are regularly exposed to our Papua New Guinean neighbours. We work with them, we see them at the shops and we see them at the school pick up.

Two of my good friends were born there. While they do have a wicked sense of humour at times, to blithely throw out the cannibal jokes is really bad form.

Edited by Copa