Sign in to follow this  
deluded pom?

Zak Hardaker (Merged threads)

He's not the brightest is he? Will he get a chauffeur driven car to training or does one of his team mates have to suffer?

Never expected a prison sentence with this, so it’s as expected. 

Dumped the car, tried to run away and then denied being the driver. What a man. 

Move over Joel, there’s a new Rectum in town. 

The court heard officers later visited his home, with Hardaker claiming not to have been the driver or the owner of the Ford Fiesta.

He just doesn't face up to anything does he?

One thing I will say is Zak should never be picked for the national team. Ever. Too many incidents. 

Let's hope this is the last of it and he can get on with being a player without any further trouble. 

For what it's worth I feel that should not be at Wigan but that's up to them. He is walking on water if he ends up Wigan full back next season. He must have used up a few lives now. 

8 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

You know with Hardaker its just a matter of time before he does something dumb again.

I predict now that given time Wigan will sack him

thats a near 1:1 certainty! Lets have a sweepstake on when!

It makes you think if running away on foot enabled him to dump something else which if caught with would have had a greater consequence to his life and career.

Why run away and then go home only to answer the door to the police? If you were that way inclined surely you would either go to a mates to hide or at least not answer the door to the coppers!

I thought it was a simple DUI but nothing is ever simple with this guy. Its reported he gave a different name to the arresting police officers too, I wonder if this was another stunt to avoid consequences with his career.

3 minutes ago, RidingPie said:

thats a near 1:1 certainty! Lets have a sweepstake on when!

I would say that within 18 months.

Edited by The Future is League

40 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The court heard officers later visited his home, with Hardaker claiming not to have been the driver or the owner of the Ford Fiesta.

That made me chuckle a little, thinking about various sports and the money people earn, Andy Murray shows up in an Aston Martin or something, Sebastian vettel in a ferrari, Harry kane in a lamborghini and then Zak pulls in with fumes chugging out of the back and the gears grinding in his FORD FIESTA!!!! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

There's just no stopping these elite clubs,with their elite owners and their elite,professional players.

I think they should have all the tv money for the excellent good publicity they bring the sport.

They seem to show their propensity for alcohol in some very public places,and appear on social media and in the press with regularity.

One club is beginning to stand out - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1250965/Welsh-rugby-star-arrested-driving-golf-buggy-M4-celebrating-Six-Nations-win.html

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/22250876

It didn't go well then,and I suspect it won't go well in the future.

57 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Never expected a prison sentence with this, so it’s as expected. 

Dumped the car, tried to run away and then denied being the driver. What a man. 

Move over Joel, there’s a new Rectum in town. 

I believe you were standing up for this year’s man of steel amid the widespread derision of his award earlier this week. You should take a look at his back story. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Harsh. I imagine he will be very frank in next September's RLW.

Was it Wayne Rooney that was caught drink driving in a vw beetle?

Is it a rule amongst drink driving sports stars that you have to find the crappest, most embarrassing car going to be caught it?? 

Just now, Kenilworth Tiger said:

under the headline......."Zak's back......again"

Yes, although to be fair that could have been the headline this time around!

• Like 1

Imagine only having about a 10 year window of your life to earn 100k+ a year and making such a mess of it. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I believe you were standing up for this year’s man of steel amid the widespread derision of his award earlier this week. You should take a look at his back story. 

No, I stood up for him being awarded the Man of Steel for his actions on the pitch. Nothing to do with what he does, or has done, off the pitch. 

If you want to compare a drugs ban to a drugs ban, homophobic abuse of a referee, beating up a student and now driving without insurance, an mot, whilst being over the limit, running away when stopped by the law and then denying being the driver, go for it. There’s only one winner. Another “moral victory” for your club. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nate90 said:

He should rent a house in Orrell he can walk to training. 

Someone on here said he’s having Bateman’s house, which I presume is Wigan/Orrell/Billinge. He can then get a lift into training from someone else local. Or get a bus. Or get a pushbike like Gelling did. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Nate90 said:

He should rent a house in Orrell he can walk to training. 

Not from November onwards, because they won't be training in Orrell.

• Like 1

I feel bad now - according to his testimony in court he drove the short distance home while bladdered because his golf clubs were in the car and he didn't want to leave them in his car overnight.

Seems perfectly reasonable

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Not from November onwards, because they won't be training in 

I had forgotten about Robin Park. Are they selling Edge Hall Road for housing?