Sign in to follow this  
ELBOWSEYE

Warrington sign Walker from widnes

Warrington have signed hooker Danny walker on a 3 year contract from widnes, a former Crosfield junior. 

25 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

I agree

I wonder how he will get on with Chris Hill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3FANK-P5dI (Don't know if the link works as I can't view it at work)

That clip sort of sums Walker up.  Gobby little kid creating trouble then standing back once the Misters come forward to protect him.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

That clip sort of sums Walker up.  Gobby little kid creating trouble then standing back once the Misters come forward to protect him.

Getting elbowed in the head is causing trouble ?  :) :) :) 

2 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

That clip sort of sums Walker up.  

Morelike that clip sums Hill up....give a sly elbow to the smallest fella on the pitch

• Like 2

Good lad this from what I’ve seen . Really lively . I wonder if Wire will be jettisoning someone to fit him in 

I would take Hood over Walker every day of the week. I'd take our hooker Moore over Walker as well. I would be amazed if he is not playing in the championship in 2 to 3 years.

So, of Wire's 2019 recruits, according to various experts on TRL:

Danny Walker = championship standard

Jason Clark = nothing special

Lama Tasi = rubbish

Matt Davis = squad player at best

Blake Austin = not a playmaker.

Looks like we're going to be rubbish again next year then.  Oh well.

Edited by Leeds Wire

34 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

Lama Tasi = rubbish

Looks like we're going to be rubbish again next year then.  

Don't worry....it will be your year next year! 

Edited by Bomb Jack
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

Lama Tasi = rubbish

Looks like we're going to be rubbish again next year then.  Oh well.

And was in for Hock - who choose Barrow 😂

6 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

I would take Hood over Walker every day of the week. I'd take our hooker Moore over Walker as well. I would be amazed if he is not playing in the championship in 2 to 3 years.

Well, liam hood will probably still be there in 3 years,

19 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Hood is 26, has been tried at a couple of SL clubs but just isn't good enough. Walker is a much better player than Hood and at 19 still has room to improve and has just been signed by one of the top SL clubs. I'm sure they have seen something in him to get him on board.

Having watched him all his career , Walker is talented and a typical in your face hooker. He is on the small side but as hard as nails and frightened of nothing.

Can tend to try too much sometimes but he is young yet for such a pivotal position. He can drop off/get knocked off tackles as it is so physical in the middle third. I suspect he will a bench player in the Dwyer mould to start with and see how he progresses.

From a Widnes pint of view Hood may be better for us as we stand at the moment, although with the squad/coach situation as it is... next season looks to be a tough one. Why couldn't Toronto get themselves and all that money promoted.

1 hour ago, Colly said:

Having watched him all his career , Walker is talented and a typical in your face hooker. He is on the small side but as hard as nails and frightened of nothing.

Can tend to try too much sometimes but he is young yet for such a pivotal position. He can drop off/get knocked off tackles as it is so physical in the middle third. I suspect he will a bench player in the Dwyer mould to start with and see how he progresses.

From a Widnes pint of view Hood may be better for us as we stand at the moment, although with the squad/coach situation as it is... next season looks to be a tough one. Why couldn't Toronto get themselves and all that money promoted.

Well put Colly....I agree that next season a tough, seasoned, nuggety hooker like Hood may suit our needs better short term. 

However, Walker is a massive loss particularly over the medium to long term - I would have liked to have seen him grow at our club but we can't afford the luxury of having him being brought on softly, softly and still keep the bigger clubs from sniffing around him. I wish him all the best for the future, even if it is at wire

Edited by chuffer