Anfield parking

Repeating my theme from a previous thread a group of us will be going to the Anfield test by car from West Yorkshire and scrutinisng hundreds of websites (well, maybe a couple) indicates that parking and travelling to the ground is quite difficult. Is there a simple way - park & ride/station parking/cheap car parks?

Advice gratefully received.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

When we attended the 4N final we were waiting for what seemed an eternity for a bus from the station not far from Albert Dock. Quite a few people in the queue started to drift away and we ended up getting an Uber taxi to Anfield. There didn’t appear to be a designated bus for the match but more just a normal service bus from what I could gather. 

rldfsignature.jpg

26 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Repeating my theme from a previous thread a group of us will be going to the Anfield test by car from West Yorkshire and scrutinisng hundreds of websites (well, maybe a couple) indicates that parking and travelling to the ground is quite difficult. Is there a simple way - park & ride/station parking/cheap car parks?

Advice gratefully received.

There’s some information in there if you are interested:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/fans/fan-experience/getting-to-anfield

They’ve been making parking around Stanley Park more and more difficult as a word of advice.

The soccerbus is a great system which ran for the last RL game. Park near Sandhills train station then buses take you to around  300 yards ftom the ground. Loads of free street parking near Sandhills. About £1.50 each way and you can get a real flier when you get back into your car.

Take an Alsatian with you that knows how to use a fire extinguisher.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I'm sure there will be lots of nice young lads offering to look after your car for you.

The bus service from the city centre was a bit hit and miss for the 4 nations. It ran from across the road from the station, opposite the entrance to the bus station

On the way out one of the stewards expressed surprise at the numbers as it was way above those for an LFC home game. This should not be a surprise as the majority of the crowd for the 4n was from outside the city

Afterwards there were about ten or twelve double deckers waiting and we got on the last but one but even at say 10 x 80 that was nowhere enough and anyone behind us would have had to wait for the buses to get to the city and back

It is still probably the best way unless you are either very early or willing to walk 25 mins or so

There is a big official car park right next to the ground - dont know how much they will want for that and can be difficult getting out. There are a few patches of land used for matchday parking which are generally ok but a lot of changed since I last went there due to the stadium development. 

Otherwise it is mainly residents parking close to the ground so prepare for a walk or a taxi

As said above on match days there is a shuttle bus from Sandhills station but not sure if that will be running. There has not been much publicity locally that I have seen.

Good luck

Thanks for the advice (the helpful stuff, that is). I am pursuing Merseyrail at present to get clarification on services, as recommended on the Anfield web site.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

You can walk from Kirkdale station (Merseyrail Zone C1, street parking only).

https://www.merseyrail.org/plan-your-journey/stations/kirkdale.aspx

Directions (courtesy of Football Grounds Guide): On exiting the station turn right and then cross the railway bridge. You will see a pub opposite, the Melrose Abbey. Walk up Westminster Road, alongside the pub and continue along it, passing the Elm Tree pub. Follow the road around a right hand bend and then turn left into Bradwell Street. At the end of Bradwell Street you will come to the busy County Road (A59). Cross over this road at the traffic lights then go down the road to the left of the Aldi superstore. At the end of this road you will reach the A580, Walton Lane. You should be able to see Goodison Park over on your left and Stanley Park in front. Cross Walton Lane and either enter Stanley Park following the footpath through the park (keeping to the right), which will exit into Anfield Road and the away end. Or bear right down Walton Lane and then turn left down the road at the end of Stanley Park for the ground. 

If you're driving into Liverpool off the M62, and going to Anfield via the A5058 (Ring Road North), be aware residents only parking starts when you turn left, for Anfield, off the ring road onto Utting Avenue. It's about a mile walk to the ground if you park somewhere around the A5058/Utting Avenue junction.

https://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/premier-league/anfield-liverpool.html

There's a large car park in Stanley Park but it's £10.  Across Priory Road from Stanley Park there's a Car park that Liverpool have recently acquired that should be open - not sure how much they charge there but it's probably £10 again. Right next to this is a petrol station that usually let's people park there on match days, they charge £9.

29 minutes ago, themainbrace said:

There's a large car park in Stanley Park but it's £10.  Across Priory Road from Stanley Park there's a Car park that Liverpool have recently acquired that should be open - not sure how much they charge there but it's probably £10 again. Right next to this is a petrol station that usually let's people park there on match days, they charge £9.

That's capitalism for you.

rldfsignature.jpg

On 10/30/2018 at 2:37 PM, Cookiepuss said:

Make a day of it. Go into the city first. Visit the British Music Experience at the Cunard Building. Walk five minutes back to Moorfields station. Catch the train to Sandhills then the Soccerbus service to the ground. Repeat without the BME bit to come home.

Good suggestion but where should we park in the first instance?

I have had confirmation from Merseyrail that the Soccerbus service will, indeed, be running on Sunday.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:14 PM, John Fisher said:

I'm sure there will be lots of nice young lads offering to look after your car for you.

q-u want me to look after your car mr?  a-no I don't and theres a Rottweiler in the back -q- can put fires out? can it?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

14 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Good suggestion but where should we park in the first instance?

I have had confirmation from Merseyrail that the Soccerbus service will, indeed, be running on Sunday.

I have they are running the soccerbus from  12.30  

49 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Those stats aren’t fair. The anti social behaviour refers to how many people who go to watch Everton.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

On 10/27/2018 at 10:00 PM, Padge said:

Take an Alsatian with you that knows how to use a fire extinguisher.

On 10/31/2018 at 6:16 PM, graveyard johnny said:

q-u want me to look after your car mr?  a-no I don't and theres a Rottweiler in the back -q- can put fires out? can it?

I was there first days ago ?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived