Sign in to follow this  
Kelsey The Ram 97

Boxing day

A bit early I know but where is the game at this year? Is it at the Telteys stadium or is it at Mount Pleasant? I'll pick a hypothetical squad nearer the time.

18 minutes ago, Kelsey The Ram 97 said:

A bit early I know but where is the game at this year? Is it at the Telteys stadium or is it at Mount Pleasant? I'll pick a hypothetical squad nearer the time.

you mean when we have enough players to name a squad I assume....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, NickD said:

Don’t you worry we’ll have enough players,might have to loan some from Dewsbury Moor,Thornhill,Dewsbury Celtic and Shaw Cross though😂😂

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, silverback said:

thought greenwoods phone were red hot last week..:read:

Ay it's a Samsung them things are always catching alight lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, EQUALIZER said:

Not as much as diskins duel reg phone

Pistols at dawn then?

12 hours ago, EQUALIZER said:

Not as much as diskins duel reg phone

stepping on yer toes are we.. for what its worth i hate DR and to be honest if we go down that route i think i will hang up my overcoat for 2019. cant think if a worse way to kick your own player in nuts than to bring in a SL player to fit in his shirt.not for me at all.second team is the way to go and rfl should insist we all have one, our lads after a days work and training all week deserve better for mine.

• Like 3

Don't worry, there will be no DR's on Boxing Day - the topic of this thread.

Bring more than 200 guys. Imagine if there was 2000 and a good bit of heavy woollen biff!!!

Nowt finer than a bloated ram fan sporting a 15yr old replica with 5 sprays of old spice to mask brusell sprout flatulence!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, 9' oller said:

Bring more than 200 guys. Imagine if there was 2000 and a good bit of heavy woollen biff!!!

Nowt finer than a bloated ram fan sporting a 15yr old replica with 5 sprays of old spice to mask brusell sprout flatulence!

And I thought that you didn't drink 9'O. Don't tell me that you post this stuff whilst sober.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, 9' oller said:

It's hi karate & the shirt is not 15 years old.. It's 14 and a half mi laddo ;)

You could blame the red bull tonic water and Haribo overdose but it's a well known fact that you shams don't rush to the mount.

The boxing day game is what xmas is about. Sharing the festive winter air with those less fortunate 🤣

• Haha 2

On 11/2/2018 at 1:18 PM, NickD said:

Well yeah suppose we've to find one first lol.

2 hours ago, 9' oller said:

You could blame the red bull tonic water and Haribo overdose but it's a well known fact that you shams don't rush to the mount.

The boxing day game is what xmas is about. Sharing the festive winter air with those less fortunate 🤣

Boxing Day, best day over the Christmas period.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, 9' oller said:

Deluded i'd like to see seperate gates like around 10 year ago when they did it and you was outnumbered on your own patch 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ramsfandan said:

Deluded i'd like to see seperate gates like around 10 year ago when they did it and you was outnumbered on your own patch 

you need to start watching game a bit more and not counting crowds fella, were all losing fans for lots a reasons so maybe enjoy what we have for now. its only a gameshow..:read:

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, silverback said:

you need to start watching game a bit more and not counting crowds fella, were all losing fans for lots a reasons so maybe enjoy what we have for now. its only a gameshow..:read:

To quote BSJ  " It's like two bald men fighting over a comb. "  Wonder if we'll get 1000 this time. :negative:

Edited by grumpyoldram
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

To quote BSJ  " It's like two bald men fighting over a comb. "  Wonder if we'll get 1000 this time. :negative:

Boxing Day - there should be 2000 there; if it were a part of the Yorkshire Cup, possibly even more.

For the first league game about 1100.

18 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Boxing Day - there should be 2000 there; if it were a part of the Yorkshire Cup, possibly even more.

For the first league game about 1100.

Maybe. Boxing day appears to be the only day of the year that the dogs "followers" (as opposed to supporters) can be enticed from the comfort of the Taproom.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:49 AM, ramsfandan said:

so what has happened since then ?....

Dewsbury is almost a sprawling city these days ….62,945 population....and close enough to tap into Ossett....

Batley 38,573....

55 minutes ago, RPH said:

so what has happened since then ?....

Dewsbury is almost a sprawling city these days ….62,945 population....and close enough to tap into Ossett....

Batley 38,573....

And we still had a higher average home attendance than them!

As usual though, when this topic comes up, I defer to the wisdom of BSJ and his two bald men and 1 comb analogy.

Edited by distantdog
  • Like 2

Tha wonts ta buy the sen a wig then@

Tried but they only had curly ginger or "African sunset" as they put it

• Haha 1