Is Elland Road Sold Out Yet?

cookey

Yes, until Wednesday when tickets will be ten a penny.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Well,must be close to 30,000 sold,so can easily see approaching 35,000 there.A good couple of days of sales and I think they'll open the final remaining section,Upper East Stand,which would allow around 40,000.I'd be happy ish with say 35,000.

There must have been a million or so watching that yesterday, once again the players did the marketeers job for them. 

The comms this week should he all about completing the whitewash and us lifting the shield.

This should be the easiest dead rubber to sell ever.

35,000 would seem pretty close to a sell out. The capacity at Elland road has been slowly reduced over the years for corporate boxes and even "sell out" football matches rarely reach 36,000. The last England international football match was 36,104.

7 minutes ago, fevtom said:

35,000 would seem pretty close to a sell out. The capacity at Elland road has been slowly reduced over the years for corporate boxes and even "sell out" football matches rarely reach 36,000. The last England international football match was 36,104.

I think we had 34k there for a four nations final in which England were playing. Presumably capacity will depend on whether space is needed for screens etc.

Just bought mine, there's not many seats left together (I'm billy no dates so just needed a single seat) will they open up the upper part of the Eats Stand if the rest sells out?

Should be a great atmosphere, I'm not a big fan of Elland road but it's probably the best venue for this last game

23 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Just bought mine, there's not many seats left together (I'm billy no dates so just needed a single seat) will they open up the upper part of the Eats Stand if the rest sells out?

Should be a great atmosphere, I'm not a big fan of Elland road but it's probably the best venue for this last game

I'll be there, even though it is one of my least favourite grounds. Transport links are poor to non-existent, parking within 2 miles is a nightmare and the surrounding area has very limited food and drink outlets.

I was pretty impressed by the transport that was available at both of the other venues so maybe Leeds can get their act together, even at this late stage.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Park and ride sorted! ???

"The Elland Road Park & Ride is one of our Leeds Park & Ride services and is located adjacent to the Leeds United football stadium, opposite the entrance to Elland Road Police Station on the A643, just off Junction 2 of the M621 motorway.

Postcode for SatNav: LS11 8TU"

38 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Apart from a 2 hour wait in  grid locked traffic to get to the motorway.

14 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I'll be there, even though it is one of my least favourite grounds. Transport links are poor to non-existent, parking within 2 miles is a nightmare and the surrounding area has very limited food and drink outlets.

I was pretty impressed by the transport that was available at both of the other venues so maybe Leeds can get their act together, even at this late stage.

Last couple of times I've been (both Rhinos games this year) I've parked in a retail car park just down the road for a fiver, was a bit of a pain getting out but hopefully it won't be too bad although I may just get the bus into leeds and I think theres a shuttle bus to the ground

2 hours ago, cookey said:

Well,must be close to 30,000 sold,so can easily see approaching 35,000 there.A good couple of days of sales and I think they'll open the final remaining section,Upper East Stand,which would allow around 40,000.I'd be happy ish with say 35,000.

40,000? Capacity is only 38K

3 hours ago, JohnM said:

Park and ride sorted! ???

"The Elland Road Park & Ride is one of our Leeds Park & Ride services and is located adjacent to the Leeds United football stadium, opposite the entrance to Elland Road Police Station on the A643, just off Junction 2 of the M621 motorway.

Postcode for SatNav: LS11 8TU"

The "Elland Rd Park and Ride" is the facility used to get into central Leeds when there are no games on at Elland Rd. When there is a game on it is the stadium car park, and is notorious for the time it takes to get out.

HTH

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

59 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

The "Elland Rd Park and Ride" is the facility used to get into central Leeds when there are no games on at Elland Rd. When there is a game on it is the stadium car park, and is notorious for the time it takes to get out.

HTH

So its true what they say about the Yorkshire sense of humour....there isnt one.

58 minutes ago, JohnM said:

So its true what they say about the Yorkshire sense of humour....there isnt one.

Fair point, but I would hate for anyone to be misinformed into thinking this facility actually exists on match days.

And I'm not a Yorkshireman.

1 hour ago, Johnoco said:

If it's not raining, it's not that hard to walk to Elland Rd from Leeds centre.

True, but in both Hull and Liverpool the local transport companies provide good facilities to get large numbers to  and away from the ground efficiently. Maybe Leeds will catch on someday.

There are streams of buses to and from Elland Road on match days...trust me I've been riding them since 1956...to catch a bus going to the ground, they depart from near the Dark Arches, 5min walk from train station, or Scarborough Taps pub.

I've always found the shuttle busses to be a great service but then I don't think i've ever used a similar service to compare to. The last time I used them there was a massive queue and I was worried i'd miss kick off as i'd left it quite late. As it happened the queue went down at pretty much walking pace and within a minute we were on the way. £3.00 return or £1.50 concessions. Presumably this service runs for rugby matches too? Taxis aren't that expensive if there's a couple of you or it's about a 40 minute walk from the city centre.

As ever a lot of the parking comes down to local knowledge but there's actually quite a lot if you know where to go. Coming from the south we park on Old Lane, or the industrial estate just off of it. You pass a co-op, the bookies and the white hart pub on the way to the ground and it's only a ten minute walk. The down side is it's all up hill on the way back but you get away straight away with no traffic problems.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

True, but in both Hull and Liverpool the local transport companies provide good facilities to get large numbers to  and away from the ground efficiently. Maybe Leeds will catch on someday.

Look! They provided buses here!

19 minutes ago, Intake Don said:

077926A9-84EA-4F1D-8C07-9C3A7082BBFE.png

Fair enough. I guess that I was looking for some kind of park and ride scheme that doesn't involve going into the city centre.

I will probably take my chances in the Lowfields Rd area. Failing that the White Rose is only 25 minutes walk away, and there are no hills involved.

Archived