KHASHOGGI MURDER.

Who did K play for?

12 hours ago, mickhornet said:

The President of the USA refuses to listen to the murder tape says its too horrible.

Dereliction of his duty.Its his job to decide.

It's not his job so it's not really a dereliction of duty.

It's a further give away that he's massively compromised financially and personally by his relationships with dark money but then we knew that anyway.

Let's face it, this is a man who invents stories about chats with the President of Finland just so he can avoid having to take even the merest hint of responsibility for the decisions he is supposed to take a federal level.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

51 minutes ago, Damien said:

I have to say my immediate reaction is that it isn't his job and if it wasn't Trump, and was instead Obama, then people wouldn't be batting an eyelid.

If Obama was telling people he didn't need to listen to the tape then we could pretty much guarantee he would be being called coward by a fat, uninformed reality TV freak who liked to do such things.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

28 minutes ago, JohnM said:

So it might seem. However,  this is another anti-Trump thread and high unemployment in Spain is clearly his fault. ?

That's extreme whatabout-ism. Why not become more respected by rebutting the post's dubious premise rather than pointing to some totally irrelevant facts.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

To a certain extent, he has set himself up for criticism by claiming there was a lack of evidence.  He does then put himself in the position of having to fully accept or witness the evidence.  But, it is far from the worst thing and I actually do not think he could possibly learn much from it.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

4 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Ironically, I did read that Trump was the only president to not start a war?

Is this right?

Only been 2 years ?

He hasn't started any wars but he has authorised action in various countries not at war (Yemen, Niger, etc).  He has also changed rules of engagement.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

5 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

I was surprised, just wondered if it was true

Depends on what you class as a war or an action I suppose.  He is less interested in being the 'worlds policeman' than other presidents it seems.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

10 hours ago, Johnoco said:

Is this right?

He's certainly less interventionist than Obama, Bush or Bill Clinton. Which, when you look at the state of Iraq, Syria and Libya, may not be a bad thing.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

12 hours ago, Johnoco said:

I was surprised, just wondered if it was true

Yup, it's true, going by the definitions in play. He has authorised war-like actions that have killed a fair few people but no actual wars.

Thinking about it, I'd be pretty confident in saying that he's unlikely to ever start a war. It requires a coordination of strategy he rarely employs plus being prepared to cope with American soldiers coming home in body bags and the bad press that goes with that.

I'm also confident that he probably tries to fire a missile five times a day and has to be distracted by a Fisher Price squeaky toy until he calms down.

14 hours ago, Johnoco said:

Is this right?

Maybe, but he is looking for a fight though, North Korea, China, Saudi Arabia, Mexico (he probably blames Mexicans for the Californian wildfires), Central America in general, anywhere in the middle east, that supplies oil to countries he believes the USA should be selling to, most of the Central Asian "Stans" where they are supplying/training Islamic insurgents, and anyone who criticises Russia. 

2 hours ago, Johnoco said:

I don't support Donald Trump. But you can't blame him for things not yet happened. Obama for instance, bombed plenty of people, yet you'd think his s--t doesn't stink today.

Obama was active in more conflicts than Dubya, although he did go big with Iraq.

He is the first president not to visit troops in a war zone.  

17 hours ago, henage said:

Dont you think the USA is a little bit like a war zone , looks very dangerous across the Atlantic . 

Shes a blast furnace down there...we are even getting some of the latent heat up here....AND WINTER IS COMING!!!!!

Archived