Sign in to follow this  
Quinskolar

London NRL signing imminent

Recommended Posts

Of the decent players still available (as far as i know), the only ones i can think of who could be tempted are Segayaro and Ethan Lowe. Either of which would be a good signing for the Broncos.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully the imminent signing is of someone eminent too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skolars are recruiting well. Looks like they’re determined to get a squad together that can challenge more effectively 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would Shaun Johnson be worth a punt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Of the decent players still available (as far as i know), the only ones i can think of who could be tempted are Segayaro and Ethan Lowe. Either of which would be a good signing for the Broncos.

 

They're resigned Liam Cunningham who got a Knights call up last year before injury, so IF it were Segayaro where would he play as LC is the number 9 jersey holder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RayCee said:

Would Shaun Johnson be worth a punt?

Nope, they need better forwards before the halves IMHO and SJ would take up a massive chunk of cap. I just don't think someone like him is the right player at this juncture for London, Thurston however ... bung him 20 park drive a day, as many tickets for Raymond's Revuebar that he could handle (alternate skimpy bars are available) and a handful of crisp blue fivers and he'd be over in a flashūüėÖ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Nope, they need better forwards before the halves IMHO and SJ would take up a massive chunk of cap. I just don't think someone like him is the right player at this juncture for London, Thurston however ... bung him 20 park drive a day, as many tickets for Raymond's Revuebar that he could handle (alternate skimpy bars are available) and a handful of crisp blue fivers and he'd be over in a flashūüėÖ

I believe the Warriors can't  afford him. He'd have to come to the UK with much reduced salary expectations. I think he may prefer the more open style of play though. it was really a tongue in cheek comment in terms of London. Thurston would be ideal but maybe more than your financial reward may be required. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

"facing the prospect of having to continue his professional career in England".... Makes it sound like he's being chucked in nick or something..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Magic XIII said:

James Cunningham

Yes, my bad, Liam is his older brother who was the Hull FC u20s captain some 8+ years ago, Liam was another promising youngster that the club (Hull FC) failed to develop, so pretty much the same for James. Hull FC for the last 5 years has been a graveyard for promising kids from the locality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Of the decent players still available (as far as i know), the only ones i can think of who could be tempted are Segayaro and Ethan Lowe. Either of which would be a good signing for the Broncos.

 

Could be Jarryd Hayne but he comes with a hell of a lot of baggage and would cost a lot. Lewis Brown is still available isn’t he? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

They're resigned Liam Cunningham

I love him playing Davos in Game of Thrones, but I'm not sure where he'd fit into the Broncos team.

But that bloke who plays The Mountain would be a great signing to beef up their forward options¬†ūüėÄ

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

I love him playing Davos in Game of Thrones, but I'm not sure where he'd fit into the Broncos team.

But that bloke who plays The Mountain would be a great signing to beef up their forward options¬†ūüėÄ

Is that a video game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Could be Jarryd Hayne but he comes with a hell of a lot of baggage and would cost a lot. Lewis Brown is still available isn’t he? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/46259969

 

'The investigation is being led by detectives from the Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad.'

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Yes, my bad, Liam is his older brother who was the Hull FC u20s captain some 8+ years ago, Liam was another promising youngster that the club (Hull FC) failed to develop, so pretty much the same for James. Hull FC for the last 5 years has been a graveyard for promising kids from the locality.

How many of those players have gone on to play elsewhere in a better side than Hull? 

None of them were good enough hence the reason they were disposed of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy Yates could be a decent signing. He won't double season ticket sales, but London needed to strengthen up front: Yates played 19 NRL games in 2017 and is only 23. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

This guy Yates could be a decent signing. He won't double season ticket sales, but London needed to strengthen up front: Yates played 19 NRL games in 2017 and is only 23. 

Maybe Dora and Morris will think differently, and get round to renewing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express Yearbook 2018/19 - Order Now

Rugby League World - Christmas Offer

League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday



Rugby League World - Dec 2018