Sign in to follow this  
Quinskolar

London NRL signing imminent

Of the decent players still available (as far as i know), the only ones i can think of who could be tempted are Segayaro and Ethan Lowe. Either of which would be a good signing for the Broncos.

Hopefully the imminent signing is of someone eminent too. 

• Like 1

Skolars are recruiting well. Looks like they’re determined to get a squad together that can challenge more effectively 

• Like 1

Would Shaun Johnson be worth a punt?

9 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Of the decent players still available (as far as i know), the only ones i can think of who could be tempted are Segayaro and Ethan Lowe. Either of which would be a good signing for the Broncos.

They're resigned Liam Cunningham who got a Knights call up last year before injury, so IF it were Segayaro where would he play as LC is the number 9 jersey holder?

5 hours ago, RayCee said:

Would Shaun Johnson be worth a punt?

Nope, they need better forwards before the halves IMHO and SJ would take up a massive chunk of cap. I just don't think someone like him is the right player at this juncture for London, Thurston however ... bung him 20 park drive a day, as many tickets for Raymond's Revuebar that he could handle (alternate skimpy bars are available) and a handful of crisp blue fivers and he'd be over in a flashūüėÖ

1 hour ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Nope, they need better forwards before the halves IMHO and SJ would take up a massive chunk of cap. I just don't think someone like him is the right player at this juncture for London, Thurston however ... bung him 20 park drive a day, as many tickets for Raymond's Revuebar that he could handle (alternate skimpy bars are available) and a handful of crisp blue fivers and he'd be over in a flashūüėÖ

I believe the Warriors can't  afford him. He'd have to come to the UK with much reduced salary expectations. I think he may prefer the more open style of play though. it was really a tongue in cheek comment in terms of London. Thurston would be ideal but maybe more than your financial reward may be required. 

1 hour ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

"facing the prospect of having to continue his professional career in England".... Makes it sound like he's being chucked in nick or something..... 

30 minutes ago, Magic XIII said:

James Cunningham

Yes, my bad, Liam is his older brother who was the Hull FC u20s captain some 8+ years ago, Liam was another promising youngster that the club (Hull FC) failed to develop, so pretty much the same for James. Hull FC for the last 5 years has been a graveyard for promising kids from the locality.

13 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Could be Jarryd Hayne but he comes with a hell of a lot of baggage and would cost a lot. Lewis Brown is still available isn’t he? 

3 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

They're resigned Liam Cunningham

I love him playing Davos in Game of Thrones, but I'm not sure where he'd fit into the Broncos team.

But that bloke who plays The Mountain would be a great signing to beef up their forward options¬†ūüėÄ

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

I love him playing Davos in Game of Thrones, but I'm not sure where he'd fit into the Broncos team.

But that bloke who plays The Mountain would be a great signing to beef up their forward options¬†ūüėÄ

Is that a video game?

40 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Could be Jarryd Hayne but he comes with a hell of a lot of baggage and would cost a lot. Lewis Brown is still available isn’t he? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/46259969

'The investigation is being led by detectives from the Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad.'

1 hour ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Yes, my bad, Liam is his older brother who was the Hull FC u20s captain some 8+ years ago, Liam was another promising youngster that the club (Hull FC) failed to develop, so pretty much the same for James. Hull FC for the last 5 years has been a graveyard for promising kids from the locality.

How many of those players have gone on to play elsewhere in a better side than Hull? 

None of them were good enough hence the reason they were disposed of. 

This guy Yates could be a decent signing. He won't double season ticket sales, but London needed to strengthen up front: Yates played 19 NRL games in 2017 and is only 23. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

This guy Yates could be a decent signing. He won't double season ticket sales, but London needed to strengthen up front: Yates played 19 NRL games in 2017 and is only 23. 

Maybe Dora and Morris will think differently, and get round to renewing.