Sign in to follow this  
Mr Plow

Bradford Bash?

Bradford Bash?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you want 2019 Summer Bash?

• Blackpool
    • Bradford
    • Newcastle (Kingston Park
    • Other

Don,t just fill in on-line votes contact The Rugby League by E-Mail enquiries@rfl.co.uk

Leave it at Blackpool

• Like 1

Am I missing something? What are the attractions of Odsal?

To the outsider,I would have thought that the ground is a shambles,the area is a shambles,to the tv audience it would appear a shambles,what am I missing?

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

Leave it at Blackpool or scrap it.

I've been to every one in one capacity or another and have all been enjoyable occasions every time. Blackpool is perfect for it. Be interesting when they play it to.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, cookey said:

It is iconic

And maybe the rl holding the lease is a consideration 😎😎

• Haha 1

It's stupid to even consider moving it away from Blackpool and even stupider to suggest holding at at anywhere other than a neutral ground.

I know the overall attendance was down this year on 2017, but 2017 had a 7th game tagged on (the Championship One Cup Final between Barrow Raiders and NW Crusaders probably added 600-700 to the gate). The well-supported Hull KR and Bradford were there, too.

This year suffered because there were only six games and three of the best teams had virtually no supporters present (Toronto, Toulouse and London).

With 14 teams being represented again, including Bradford and York,  it's not hard to envisage a big improvement on last year.  Move it elsewhere and you've killed the concept before it's really taken root.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cookey said:

To the outsider,I would have thought that the ground is a shambles,the area is a shambles,to the tv audience it would appear a shambles,what am I missing?

When I first heard Bradford my first thought was Valley Parade. I’ve now idea why Odsal is in the running, I don’t even think they open the Rooley Lane end anymore. It’s an awful place to go watch rugby and it has hardly any facilities.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours standing.  possibly in rain in Bradford with limited facilities nearby and shall we say traditional toilet facilities

it's an opportunity for RL fans to show how tough they are

Alternatively they might just give this wonderful opportunity a miss

• Haha 4

Might as well hold it at Beamish. Facilities are little more modern.

Edited by Manx RL
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

I’m open to them moving it - must do it in s considered fashion. Moving it now is typical RL; too short term.

engsge the fans, sell them the idea of Newcastle or even Cardiff. But do it it properly- and above all else let RL know in advance where and when games are on a rolling twelve months basis

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DEANO said:

Scrap it. There is no point to it

Well don't go then!

Personally, I enjoy having a few ales at the seaside, enjoying the craic, meeting fans of all the other clubs and watching 6-7 matches of the sport I support for the measly sum of thirty quid or so. 

Edited by Dave W
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I’m pleased for you. I just don’t see the point of making it an unbalanced competition. It’s not that it even raises awareness of our great game

5 hours ago, cookey said:

What do you mean 'the area is a shambles?'. While I think having this event there would be stupid, it's a perfectly nice area. Not that I live there but it's OK.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DEANO said:

I’m pleased for you. I just don’t see the point of making it an unbalanced competition. It’s not that it even raises awareness of our great game

The vast majority of the time the results don't impact league standings.

It's a good day out for fans who want to go and it's a good bingeworthy 2 days for armchair fans.

2 days of wall to wall RL obviously is good for the game.

The only negative is that we don't have a national stadium to keep the proceeds in the game!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Has anyone ever said - "I really fancy a weekend in Bradford?"

I will put a lot of money on that it never has.

Blackpool for all its faults is a holiday destination and has plenty of Hotels / B&B.s. as well as pubs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Devon Ram said:

Don,t just fill in on-line votes contact The Rugby League by E-Mail enquiries@rfl.co.uk

Leave it at Blackpool

And lose another £100,000? 

The Summer Bash won’t be going to Blackpool. 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Dave W said:

It's stupid to even consider moving it away from Blackpool and even stupider to suggest holding at at anywhere other than a neutral ground.

I know the overall attendance was down this year on 2017, but 2017 had a 7th game tagged on (the Championship One Cup Final between Barrow Raiders and NW Crusaders probably added 600-700 to the gate). The well-supported Hull KR and Bradford were there, too.

This year suffered because there were only six games and three of the best teams had virtually no supporters present (Toronto, Toulouse and London).

With 14 teams being represented again, including Bradford and York,  it's not hard to envisage a big improvement on last year.  Move it elsewhere and you've killed the concept before it's really taken root.

What a truly ridiculous post. Bewildering and blinkered Super League view with zero substance. 

No current Championship club other than Toronto can afford to keep funding the loses of hosting it in Blackpool. 

The Championship clubs need to keep that money in the game, not paying ridiculous lost making rental charges to the owners of Blackpool Football Club. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

Has anyone ever said - "I really fancy a weekend in Bradford?"

I will put a lot of money on that it never has.

Blackpool for all its faults is a holiday destination and has plenty of Hotels / B&B.s. as well as pubs.

Blackpool is more of a dump than Bradford - anyday of the week. I don't think they should have it in Bradford but don't talk garbage.

• Like 2

scrap it

7 hours ago, Michael Gledhill said:

The Championship clubs need to keep that money in the game,

A perfectly sound view.

Hold it at Warrington or Headingley then. Not the home ground of one of the teams competing.