London Broncos Announcement

25 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Anyone know about this?

Screenshot_20181120-202754_Twitter.jpg

You've got way too many things open on your phone chief - no wonder your battery's going flat.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

12 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Getting in the Evening Standard is big news is it not?

It would be quite a meta story though.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

15 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Getting in the Evening Standard is big news is it not?

It has been years since I bothered picking up a copy, even now it is free, but they were never all that keen on acknowledging the existence of RL. Things may have changed since, but the important thing is that thousands of people take a copy at the tube/train station on their way home.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

As someone who works in London, having a bigger presence (which isn’t hard considering currently there is no presence) for the Broncos and for Super League and Rugby League as a whole. 

If this can lead to a more regular presence, whether it’s match reports or regular columns from someone at Broncos, it would be huge for the club and the game. 

32 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

It has been years since I bothered picking up a copy, even now it is free, but they were never all that keen on acknowledging the existence of RL. Things may have changed since, but the important thing is that thousands of people take a copy at the tube/train station on their way home.

i feel the same way about the metro.

Which i believe is the uk's biggest paper.

Something to aim to be in.

3 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

The Wakefield Express is pretty big.  It's a nightmare trying to turn the pages walking to work on a windy day.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

12 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

There used to be, many many years ago, a weekly column by (I think) Jamie Peacock in the Metro (including the London edition, so not just a Northern regional option). Long gone now, but I used to look forward to it.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

21 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

So is the news that they're going to be in the news?!

Given the state of the British sports media, it is news in itself. It shouldn't be, but that's how things are.

Now let's wait and see who the signing is.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

When I spent a few weeks in London back in 2010, I was pleasantly surprised by the level of coverage rugby league got in the free press you'd read on the tube. There were always 1-2 Super League articles. If that's disappeared in the years since, then this is already one clear example of the benefits the London Broncos bring to the competition.

Archived