Jarrod Sammut leaves London Broncos

3 hours ago, FearNothing said:

It's a real shame that... Jaz is a great player and would have caused a fair few problems for SL defences. There was talk of him going back to Worky due to having a firm job offer at Sellafield a few months back - possibly this causing him leaving Broncos?? Any marras confirm/deny this??

Luckily for you I can both confirm and deny the rumour, I hope that clears things up for you . A marra

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Scubby said:

I think people sometimes get the wrong impression about SL wages. London may just have 1 year in SL and Sammut may get an upgrade to 50-60k but it would be one year. These guys have to think about the next 10-20.

Exactly this.

Sammut is 31, and has possibly a year or two left at a decent level, a couple more at lower levels perhaps.

If he has had a good job offer then it makes sense to take it. He has to think about his long term future! 

It’s players like him though that can help create a new generation of London halves - a real maverick with a winning mentality on the field - really put his body on the line for London this year when i have seen him play on the rare occasion admittedly - but he got your team around the park against TWP twice and showed their star half the way round 

Great shame - as said before hope he gets a gig. And isnt lost to the game

18 hours ago, RayCee said:

Teams promoted should have a season of exemption from relegation. The Catalan Dragons had that when they first entered SL. Came last that first year but that exemption saved them. 

I seem to remember that a promoted team were given three years in the past to establish themselves. Was it Widnes who benefited?. 

1 minute ago, jamescolin said:

I seem to remember that a promoted team were given three years in the past to establish themselves. Was it Widnes who benefited?. 

I know the Dragons had something like three seasons. As for others I’m not sure. Widnes’ last promotion may have been just as the last period of licensing came. They came last too the first year up if my memory serves me right. A yo-yo scenario for a club isn’t good for the game. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

15 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Drinkwater needs a dominant pack around him, otherwise he will just be a passenger.

Indeed.  Drinkwater played for us (Broncos) in our 2014 relegation season and although ever-present throughout was somewhat anonymous.  Different times & a different coach back then.

1 hour ago, RayCee said:

I know the Dragons had something like three seasons. As for others I’m not sure. Widnes’ last promotion may have been just as the last period of licensing came. They came last too the first year up if my memory serves me right. A yo-yo scenario for a club isn’t good for the game. 

Tell you what bud, I would love my club to get promoted next season, get relegated and then go back up the next season. I would be over the moon. Isn't that what P& R is all about? It's why the RL have brought it in. What's not to like? 

2 hours ago, TMF said:

Tell you what bud, I would love my club to get promoted next season, get relegated and then go back up the next season. I would be over the moon. Isn't that what P& R is all about? It's why the RL have brought it in. What's not to like? 

What does it do for the club trying to balance its books? 

Not sure if this is still the case:

Sammut met his partner Jessica during his time at Bradford and the pair live in Cleckheaton with their two young boys.  ...

"Jardii is 20 months old and Jax is five months old and my partner's family are very close by. With me out and about all the time, I know that she is well looked after if she needs a hand with the boys."

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/14447760.sammut-reveals-heartfelt-affection-for-bradford-bulls/

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

6 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Not sure if this is still the case:

Sammut met his partner Jessica during his time at Bradford and the pair live in Cleckheaton with their two young boys.  ...

"Jardii is 20 months old and Jax is five months old and my partner's family are very close by. With me out and about all the time, I know that she is well looked after if she needs a hand with the boys."

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/14447760.sammut-reveals-heartfelt-affection-for-bradford-bulls/

wouldn't surprise me...

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

21 hours ago, RayCee said:

What does it do for the club trying to balance its books? 

Well, if you get £1 million for getting promoted, and then another £1 million two seasons later, I would say the books are looking pretty good.

2 hours ago, TMF said:

Well, if you get £1 million for getting promoted, and then another £1 million two seasons later, I would say the books are looking pretty good.

You seem to be under the illusion that all that money is stashed in a bank account for a rainy day. If so, then I get your point.

Reality is that all that money will be spent trying to maintain SL status. Then, when relegated, it's really bleak trying to keep the ship afloat. 

23 hours ago, RayCee said:

You seem to be under the illusion that all that money is stashed in a bank account for a rainy day. If so, then I get your point.

Reality is that all that money will be spent trying to maintain SL status. Then, when relegated, it's really bleak trying to keep the ship afloat. 

Not really. We are don't know what it's like being a Super League team. We are a club that lives within our means. Give us a million and we will spend it wisely. Give us another million and we will do the same. It just means, maybe, we can compete with the big guys for a while longer. Or do you not believe in the dream? Like all Barrow supporters, and those of other teams, we are under no illusion. Unlike the reality that has hit some SL teams recently.

1 hour ago, TMF said:

Not really. We are don't know what it's like being a Super League team. We are a club that lives within our means. Give us a million and we will spend it wisely. Give us another million and we will do the same. It just means, maybe, we can compete with the big guys for a while longer. Or do you not believe in the dream? Like all Barrow supporters, and those of other teams, we are under no illusion. Unlike the reality that has hit some SL teams recently.

Hopefully. I get the impression some club owners would immediately cash in their chips, take their money, and run.

TIWIT, not true, unless you can provide some facts. The reality is, over the last few years most 'owners' have put vast amounts of money into clubs and had their fingers burnt. Yes, they've ran, but only after loosing money. Prey tell us, who has put money into RL and run off with a fortune? 

Archived