2019 Schedule

NickWeaver

4 hours ago, manu266 said:

The playoff format will seem really alien for North Americans, and could be a major factor. #1 to #3 can afford to lose one playoff game, so that's the first objective for the top teams. #1 gets a bye in the 1st round, winner of #1 v either #2 or 3 gets another bye in round 3. So possibly only 2 rounds to play for the top team, a total different ball game than the Qualifiers...

That being said it will be probably harder for the Wolfpack to clinch #1, so they will need discipline and a much better post season performance.

1PM could be a problem, specially for people coming from far away. From Montreal only the train can get you there on time, even by car you need to leave at 5AM to beat the Don Valley mess.

But I'm moving out of Montréal, out of Canada soon so I won't have that problem. London will become my "home" team, ironic.

I hope I'll have time and money to see some Wolfpack away games. And I definitly hope that they show all their games on a decent streaming service.

Get used to watching London in the SL this year so you'll be able to properly appreciate the Wolfpack when they're playing there in 2020.

It would be ironic if you'll only be able to see Wolfpack games streamed on a British service, while we here in Canada won't get to see them at all.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only one shared weekend,  on the 4th/5th, unless the Arrows host the final on the 16th.

I thought they would alternate back and forth more so they could gauge which one does better.  Although making it less confusing about where to go is probably more valuable. 

21 hours ago, westside said:

Toronto Arrows (RU) are apparently playing four games at Lamport. May 5, 12, 26 and June 2.

That is great, I'll going to those for sure.  With the Wolfpack, that is 14 games at Lamport, which is a decent season of rugby.

What about the pitch markings though? I thought it only had permanent soccer and RL lines.

I too intend to support the Arrows, any growth in Rugby here can only be beneficial. I think there could be a significant number of fans doing the double.

On 1/5/2019 at 12:30 PM, ojx said:

That is great, I'll going to those for sure.  With the Wolfpack, that is 14 games at Lamport, which is a decent season of rugby.

What about the pitch markings though? I thought it only had permanent soccer and RL lines.

I just took a look at some pics ans video, it looks there are RL (white) soccer (yellow), and lacrosse? (orange) lines. 

So they'd need to add a 22m line, 5m from goal, 5m in from touch, and 15m in from touch.

For clarity you'd probably also want to paint green over the 10m and 20m in from touch, and the 20m from goal line. And depending how much work they wanted to do, paint over the other 10m lines, but I'm betting they won't on the short turnaround day.

Just now, TheReaper said:

I just took a look at some pics ans video, it looks there are RL (white) soccer (yellow), and lacrosse? (orange) lines. 

So they'd need to add a 22m line, 5m from goal, 5m in from touch, and 15m in from touch.

For clarity you'd probably also want to paint green over the 10m and 20m in from touch, and the 20m from goal line. And depending how much work they wanted to do, paint over the other 10m lines, but I'm betting they won't on the short turnaround day.

I think that there are also field hockey lines on there somewhere...don't forget the two 10 meter lines from center also.....its going to really look like something!!!!  I just don't know what yet?  Etch a Sketch?

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

I think that there are also field hockey lines on there somewhere...don't forget the two 10 meter lines from center also.....its going to really look like something!!!!  I just don't know what yet?  Etch a Sketch?

I the orange is hockey not lacrosse. 

Archived