Can it be true?

NickD

May not be a fantastic attacking half back but when he's on with his field kicking he can turn a game. Remember him kicking us into submission at Belle Vue a few seasons ago for Sheffield. Potts and Guzdek didn't know what day it was. Welcome aboard.

20 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

It is?hopefully we’ve signed a halfback that wants  to play for the club and he’s here for the right reasons. Welcome to the club Simon Brown.

Yep. Certainly with us for the right reasons, unlike the mercaneries that have signed for other clubs that we choose not to mention. That doesn't always go according to plan, does it?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Not blessed with pace,however could be an astute signing just for the fact you need a halfback to guide and direct the team around.if the lad wants to be there that's half the battle....its just what you needed.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Was suited when he signed for batley a bit back but was as effective as Dale cardoza and showed as much effort as a 25 stone cake lover at weight watchers

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Didn't think he stayed long enough at Batley for anyone to reach a conclusion about him. I do however remember his organising ability and an astute drop goal which ultimately helped us beat Keighley. 

I think he is a decent player. Whether he becomes a decent signing remains to be seen but l think he could very well do under Greenwood. 

Has Gareth returned his club gear yet. Mind you who will fit into "large boys" with a sweet whiff of calvin clown

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

6 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

If the RFL follow suit with the NRL and trial the 20/40 rule, he might prove to be one of the best signings in the league this season.

20/40 many a happy memories sat in the various bus shelters around Shaw cross on winters nights in the 80's

Until I found my thirst for 10w40 

A bit thicker but slipped down your neck far easier :)

7 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

If the RFL follow suit with the NRL and trial the 20/40 rule, he might prove to be one of the best signings in the league this season.

A dreadful proposition moving us closer to RU than ever after 100+ years of our own rules.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, coolie said:

20/40 many a happy memories sat in the various bus shelters around Shaw cross on winters nights in the 80's

Until I found my thirst for 10w40 

A bit thicker but slipped down your neck far easier :)

At least you weren't doing the same as Piggy's Mate was in those bus shelters. ??

1 hour ago, coolie said:

Nar he was too busy snorting sherbert fountains ;)

I should be so rich! It was a dib-dab usually cut with some crushed Spangles but you did what you had to do in those dark days...

Mainly because of the three day week and power cuts!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

8 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

I should be so rich! It was a dib-dab usually cut with some crushed Spangles but you did what you had to do in those dark days...

Mainly because of the three day week and power cuts!

I can't remember the 3 day week ;)

Hope it was Friday, Saturday, Sunday :)

Told the kids if I was good I'd get a bar 6 :)

Archived