Challenge Cup 1st Round Draw

Futtocks

Apologies if it's been posted already, but I had a quick look on page 1 and didn't spot it.

Friday the 14th of December, 5:20pm (BBC online/connected TVs).

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 hours ago, Hullfan said:

Does anybody think the challenge cup is not prioritised by "big clubs"?? 

Yes, none of the lazy buggers even appear to be taking part in this year's first round.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

4 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Yes, none of the lazy buggers even appear to be taking part in this year's first round.

It p*ssed me off at Wembley this year where the entire unsold top tier was covered over with banners representing the Super League clubs. If the RFL are going to pull that stunt, they should have a banner reprersenting every team that was in the competition from the first round onward, not just the big clubs who swan in at the last 32 stage.

First Round Draw

Kells v Rochdale Mayfield
Orrell St James v Underbank Rangers
West Bowling v Hammersmith Hills Hoists
Dewsbury Moor Maroons v Skirlaugh
East Leeds v Batley Boys
Wigan St Judes v Crosfields
Bentley v Army
Royal Navy v West Hull
Leigh Miners Rangers v Oulton Raiders
Wallsend Eagles v GB Police
Drighlington v All Golds
Leigh East v Wigan St Patricks
Distington v Torfaen Tigers
Lock Lane v Longhorns
Shaw Cross Sharks v Haydock
Ovenden v Woolston Rovers
Hunslet Warriors v Featherstone Lions
York Acorn v Beverley
Normanton Knights v Edinburgh Eagles
Bradford Dudley Hill v Milford Marlins
North Herts Crusaders v RAF
Millom v Red Star Belgrade
Clock Face Miners v Siddal
Hunslet Club Parkside v Thornhill Trojans
Thatto Heath Crusaders v Stanningley
London Chargers v Wath Brow Hornets

Ties to be played over the weekend of January 26-27

37 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

We've had longer trips in this competition,anyone know where in London do the Chargers play ?

Old Blues Rugby Club, Dornan Fields, Arthur Road, Motspur Park, KT3 6LH

https://www.rugby-league.com/leagues__competitions/london_and_south_east/community_club/1822551

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

North Herts Crusaders at home to the 'crabs'* (RAF) is going to be a good tie, I can cycle down as it's only 5 miles or so to the ground and hopefully NHC can give the service newbies a sound thrashing,

*pertaining to colour of ointment given to forces personnel BITD for crabs, or, sidling off sideways with a shrug of the shoulders AKA work shy slackers.

4 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Are All Golds (who are playing my local side Drighlington) a remnant of the Gloucester All Golds?

Pretty much yes. Be interested to see how far they get. 

1 hour ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

North Herts Crusaders at home to the 'crabs'* (RAF) is going to be a good tie, I can cycle down as it's only 5 miles or so to the ground and hopefully NHC can give the service newbies a sound thrashing,

*pertaining to colour of ointment given to forces personnel BITD for crabs, or, sidling off sideways with a shrug of the shoulders AKA work shy slackers.

The ointment in question being Blue Unction.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

33 minutes ago, groundhopper said:

In recent years London Chargers have used Skolars ground for Challenge Cup ties

That was as part of a double/triple header around when Skolars play Broncos in a pre-season friendly. That pre-season friendly is a Friday night this year, so I can’t really see the Chargers using it for their game. 

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

The ointment in question being Blue Unction.

Some old Navy lags used to call the RAF crabfat as the machine grease was the same colour, I bought some black grease but I think the blue marine grease is a bit OTT for my pushbikes winter protection. hahaha

2 hours ago, groundhopper said:

In recent years London Chargers have used Skolars ground for Challenge Cup ties

I've certainly watched them at Motspur Park in the Challenge Cup, perhaps last year (2017). My advice: keep an eye on social media before making firm travel plans.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived