Sign in to follow this  
Fenton Knight

Up for the (Yorkshire) Cup 🏆

One week today, the Knights will lock horns with the best amateur side by far in Hunslet Club Parkside - judging by their 22 wins out of 22 to become runaway National Conference Premiership Champions last season. Got to get there (Dewsbury) in numbers on Saturday to get us off to a flying start. Be York, be proud, be loud. Up the Knights.

• Like 1

Will radio York cover the game as iam still away

As far as I know the club aren't doing a coach, and I'll let Andy confirm but I don't think it's being covered on the radio either.

• Thanks 1

Not strictly true. NE. 

BBC RY will not be covering the next two games including Parkside but MAY cover the final should the Knights get there..

I will be there on Saturday wearing my other hat - Knights fan. Always nice to have a shout !

As ever we will be covering Knights games home and away during the season including Cup fixtures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

A really good workout against a tough no nonsense team. Thought the Hunslet scrum half was their pick. For the Knights, Dave Peterson showed just much he will add to this Knights team, in for me, a man of the match performance. Special picks for Matty M and Brad Hey, and thought Jack Teanby went well again. Hope Blaggy’s injury is not as bad as it looked but if it’s knee I do fear the worst.

Edited by White Knight
  • Thanks 2

Spoke to Blaggy on the way out of the ground. He says he'll be ok in a couple of weeks. Solid, if not spectacular display, but Parkside were a good test. Agree about their scrum half, he played very well.

• Thanks 1

See Ormondroyd played for Fev.. He is there on loan I believe. Sat with a Fev fan for our game, he says Rovers struggling to get a team together, so not a convincing win for Dewsbury.

• Thanks 1

So, we started with 8 teams today and we are now down to 6. We’ll soon be down to 4. Anyone know what happpens next and where? Are the semi’s drawn and where are the games due to be held?

Draw for semis takes place after the Bradford game tomorrow, I assume the plate semi final is drawn at the same time. 2 games scheduled for Saturday, 2 for Sunday, and both double headers again,as far as I know.

• Thanks 1

Entertaining game today, I thought hunslet club stuck to their task valiantly with a good spirit. U can see why they have the record they have as they are well organised and certainly have some hammer with their forwards.

I was v impressed by Petersen he looks a good find, jubb had a good game as did marsh 

Onwards n upwards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Batley won  36 - 0. Impressed with the Rams ground yesterday, it reminded me of Clarence Street, admittedly a bit more modern. A homely feel to it, not like the bigger modern stadiums.

Edited by HaxbyKnight

Agree. They’ve improved it since I was last there. Terracing at one end, training pitch on what was the old car park. Interesting that they are having problems with their scoreboard too!

My bet is we get Bradford Bulls in the next round of the Yorkshire Cup.  They can then bill it as the Grand Semi-Final that never was! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

They have to beat Fax first. Be a blow to them if they fall at the first hurdle in a competition that was their own chairman's idea. They won't like only charging £15 or £10 admission either.

Edited by HaxbyKnight
  • Like 1