Sign in to follow this  
Fenton Knight

Up for the (Yorkshire) Cup 🏆

come on Deano...chin up!  tell Roger he has to buy you a pint!

• Like 1

Sky Bet give us 10 start. Will be tough - Batley are a hard team to beat at home. Might have something to do with the slope. I’m looking for an improved performance on last week and hopefully a win. Above all, no more injuries. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DEANO said:

Hope I’m wrong but I think we will be well beat

Even with a fully fit squad it would be tough place to go as we all know, we are going with a depleted squad of players and have to say very much the under dogs but we have been here before and have won some memorable victories in the past when our backs were against the wall, we have a little boost in that Connor Robinson has past fit so big plus for us there ,defence a big key for me and if we can hold there big 6 have a good chance  

come ye Kneets

Could be a tough afternoon for the Knights with a depleted squad,but this team will give it a right go and there are places up for grabs for Toronto game and I'm sure the players on show will want to remind Fordy that there are not just keeping somebody's 👕 warm.

11 hours ago, Fenton Knight said:

Sky Bet give us 10 start. Will be tough - Batley are a hard team to beat at home. Might have something to do with the slope. I’m looking for an improved performance on last week and hopefully a win. Above all, no more injuries. 

Wonder if they saw my last post and copied my ten lol!!!. Bulls was indeed close with a narrow 20-18 victory over Dewsbury I see.

• Like 1

Good game, you were unlucky not to Nick it, our try just before half-time did for you I reckon

• Thanks 1

At the time we thought the first half try might decide the game, but taking everything into consideration, I thought the Knights played well in the second half. I also thought we were on the wrong end of a couple of poor decisions from Mr. Smith. Anyway, good luck in the final.

Edited by HaxbyKnight

Mr Smith should of penalised lying on in first. Thought rfl were keen to speed us up this year and outlaw timewasting/ feigning injury.

You've a great side and will certainly not be relegation fodder like most newcomers. Enjoyed your action

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

First of all always enjoy my visits to Batley and today was no different, friendly club, decent stewards, nice ground...just how have they managed to build themselves a tidy stadium with little funding while some SL teams (my own included) play in dumps.

Dont think either team will be too disappointed with their efforts. That try on half time was a real killer. Jubb looked back to his best, Whiteley is a handful going forward and Horne had a good game too.

Where I think we need to improve is being smarter. With all due respect to those teams, we are no longer playing teams of wet behind the ears amateurs like Hemel and West Wales. These are seasoned players we are coming up against who will have played Super League teams recently in the Middle 8s, and there are strong ex SL teams in this division with players who know every trick in the book - today look at the amount of times Batley ran straight at the marker, or when they had a quick tap, they ran straight at the nearest player hoping to catch him offside. Likewise sin bin or not, the Batley player knew exactly what he was doing. 

This is where we need our more experienced players to 'play the game' because there are going to be plenty of close matches like this which can't always be won by a moment of brilliance or tough defence. 

Looking forward to playing Dewsbury on Saturday, surprised it's a 6pm kick off though?

• Like 1

The Dewsbury game has to be played on Saturday so as not to clash with the final. 6.00 will draw a bigger crowd than 3.00 in my opinion.

Thought Jubb and Horne were outstanding today, Whiteley and Brown stood out for me as well. Heard Spears may need knee surgery which would be a massive blow, we could do with a couple of more forwards, otherwise, Salter, Whiteley, and maybe Brad Hey will end up in the pack.

Thought York today played some very good expansive entertaining rugby. Your lot certainly know how to throw the ball about at pace, and always have at least 2 in support. Don't think we quite got it right today, too many penalties and losing the ball on 2nd  and 3rd tackle when on your line. Imo best team lost today. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

The Dewsbury game has to be played on Saturday so as not to clash with the final. 6.00 will draw a bigger crowd than 3.00 in my opinion.

Thought Jubb and Horne were outstanding today, Whiteley and Brown stood out for me as well. Heard Spears may need knee surgery which would be a massive blow, we could do with a couple of more forwards, otherwise, Salter, Whiteley, and maybe Brad Hey will end up in the pack.

It would have Been a good day to of had it on the same day as the final . Maybe it could be looked into for next season.

I thought we had weathered the storm, but sadly the yellow card proved to be the difference. Still and enjoyable game, looking forward to Dewsbury next week. It has been a good competition.

Yellow didn't loose the game for you. Relying on slowing our ruck down and surrendering your handsome lead

On 1/11/2019 at 11:00 PM, DEANO said:

Hope I’m wrong but I think we will be well beat

What do I know. Sounds like a good performance 

• Like 2

Loads of positives to take out of today, we will be competitive in this league, as long as we can keep players fit which isn't easy at this level with so many bruising encounters ahead. As such the injury problems Tim spears has seem very concerning, he is crucial to our team and hearing he's likely to be out for a while is a real blow.