Sign in to follow this  
EQUALIZER

Saturdays team don't know what ours is yet

1 hour ago, EQUALIZER said:

Fevs straight in with duel reg.lol

No championship club should be heavily reliant on D/R, injuries can happen at the parent club and a knock on effect is weakened championship teams, the future is giving young lads a chance this is Lee Greenwood philosophy and will bear fruit  for us Ram's fan's patience has to be observed, and I do believe we will unearth some stars of the future following this path. 

1 hour ago, coolie said:

No championship club should be heavily reliant on D/R, injuries can happen at the parent club and a knock on effect is weakened championship teams, the future is giving young lads a chance this is Lee Greenwood philosophy and will bear fruit  for us Ram's fan's patience has to be observed, and I do believe we will unearth some stars of the future following this path. 

I think they're only signed on for 12 months coolie, and past experience tells us they always end up at Fev.  ;) Hope I'm wrong, and you're right. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Phil Loxton said:

Hurry up then and unearth some stars. We badly need some at Fev lol.

So what is it Saturday Phil?? 

Is it a high octane win at all costs game

Or

A meaningless friendly where a win means nothing...? 

Just giving you a chance to get your excuses in before we play lol 

17 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

I think they're only signed on for 12 months coolie, and past experience tells us they always end up at Fev.  ;) Hope I'm wrong, and you're right. 

Spot on and in essence what is so frustrating about the modern game..Not even a transfer fee these days..

• Like 1

No excuses from me Coolie😊 But if Fev win I won't let you forget it for a few seasons at least😂😂😂

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NickD said:

Spot on and in essence what is so frustrating about the modern game..Not even a transfer fee these days..

Would you rather that we still had the "retain and transfer" system then Nick?

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:48 PM, EQUALIZER said:

their excuse is...

if they don't duel Reg with the Rhinos then somebody else will....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah RPH like Dewsbury for example. Its needs stopping altogether is the only other alternative.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Would you rather that we still had the "retain and transfer" system then Nick?

I quite liked it BSJ.  There was something quite nice about having the same faces around for a few years and of course it meant I didn't have to spend most of the first few matches each season saying "who's he". "where'd we get him from?"  

I also liked the idea that Fev couldn't come along and take our best players each and every year without us at least getting a few bob.

Perhaps not quite as interesting for you old folks ?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, NickD said:

I quite liked it BSJ.  There was something quite nice about having the same faces around for a few years and of course it meant I didn't have to spend most of the first few matches each season saying "who's he". "where'd we get him from?"  

I also liked the idea that Fev couldn't come along and take our best players each and every year without us at least getting a few bob.

Perhaps not quite as interesting for you old folks ?

There was some consistency Nick but also a serious restriction upon the players. If they weren't getting picked they weren't getting paid (no contracts then) but nor could they go and play somewhere else. It hda elements of feudalism about it, don't you think?

(It always takes me half the season to recognise the players anyway, even when they don't change but just get a new tattoo.)

• Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 4:48 PM, EQUALIZER said:

yes FEV have three lads from leeds  for cup  match but not duel reg one is an academy lad who's been injured for last ten months so leeds asked us if we would play him in pre-season to get game time before academy league starts  FEV said yes

next year FEV are getting two from leeds on season long loans

walters and ormonroyd  have just turned up so all the money is on it being them two so not duel reg 

transfer fees only come into it if they're under contract FEV got big money from leeds for hardaker they've also paid for ormondroyd and briscoe whiulst this november like most clubs FEV lost a chunkj of last years squad for nowt at the end of their contracts

16 minutes ago, POR said:

yes FEV have three lads from leeds  for cup  match but not duel reg one is an academy lad who's been injured for last ten months so leeds asked us if we would play him in pre-season to get game time before academy league starts  FEV said yes

next year FEV are getting two from leeds on season long loans

walters and ormonroyd  have just turned up so all the money is on it being them two so not duel reg 

Can live with season long loans as long as it is a season long loan and he cant be called back to his parent club.

41 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

There was some consistency Nick but also a serious restriction upon the players. If they weren't getting picked they weren't getting paid (no contracts then) but nor could they go and play somewhere else. It hda elements of feudalism about it, don't you think?

(It always takes me half the season to recognise the players anyway, even when they don't change but just get a new tattoo.)

Now you've started down this line id be interested your interpretation or view of feudalism.  We tend to use it with negative connotations these days but was it so bad?

Ok, you had to make a few sacrifices but you received the protection and support of your Lord and master. If we could ask people from the Middle Ages would they have such a negative view I wonder?

8 minutes ago, NickD said:

Now you've started down this line id be interested your interpretation or view of feudalism.  We tend to use it with negative connotations these days but was it so bad?

Ok, you had to make a few sacrifices but you received the protection and support of your Lord and master. If we could ask people from the Middle Ages would they have such a negative view I wonder?

This is a RL forum but just this once: 

You had no land rights - any land which you might believe was yours was taken from you (12th C, Henry II et al).

You had to work for your master (baron, landowner, knight, whichever) on demand for no recompense.

You paid tythes.

You could hunt only rabbits.

You had no representation.

YOU provided the protection and support for you master (rarely Lords).

Otherwise great!

There are easily drawn parrallels between feudalism and the present relationship between the RFL and professional players. For further insights I strongly recommend "Sport And The Making of Britain" by Derek Birley from which my current signature is taken.

Doesn't the close season drag on?

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

This is a RL forum but just this once: 

You had no land rights - any land which you might believe was yours was taken from you (12th C, Henry II et al).

You had to work for your master (baron, landowner, knight, whichever) on demand for no recompense.

You paid tythes.

You could hunt only rabbits.

You had no representation.

YOU provided the protection and support for you master (rarely Lords).

Otherwise great!

There are easily drawn parrallels between feudalism and the present relationship between the RFL and professional players. For further insights I strongly recommend "Sport And The Making of Britain" by Derek Birley from which my current signature is taken.

Doesn't the close season drag on?

I like a rabbit stew...

47 minutes ago, NickD said:

I like a rabbit stew...

Take heed Nick,  BSJ should know - he was there.  ;)