Sign in to follow this  
ernieone

Nice win rams

I watched both games today, and would say that all four teams took their 'friendlies' seriously !! ......... I don't know how strong, or otherwise, the FEV team was but it was a hard fought, full-blooded contest with a good atmosphere and a decent crowd.

All in all, I would say a very promising start for the Competition concept........... Hope tomorrow at Odsal goes as well.

A win's a win and in only Greenwood's second game in charge, he's got us in to a semi-final...... 😊

• Like 3

Only saw the Knights game, but I did think Parkside would not look out of place in League 1. There scrum half, and full back particularly looked good players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Dose anyone take friendlies seriously? 

Think teams will be taking these games more serious than playing Super league under 19s sides as what has happened previously. Did Fev have many dual reg players?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ernieone said:

Think teams will be taking these games more serious than playing Super league under 19s sides as what has happened previously. Did Fev have many dual reg players?

3 Leeds players

13 minutes ago, ernieone said:

Two i think but been at work so not too sure, i do think making it the Yorkshire cup as made it more meaningful but still only friendlies. 

• Sad 1

It was a good hard-fought game, Feb didn't seem to have many subs and we did too many. When some of our fringe players came on, Fev got straight back into it and it was a good game to watch.

Simon Browns kicked was good, thankfully better than Tanseys last minute effort

Edited by Wakefield Ram

I think that it was a good advert for the concept and certainly should stand teams in good stead when they face other teams who haven't had such warm-up opportunities in the first two weeks of the proper season.

Some good pointers to take out of the game for both sides too. Dewsbury got the chance to look at a number of players in proper competitive circumstances and Fev had the chance to look at a couple of their triallists. I expect both coaches to have been reasonable happy with what they learned about a couple of players.

It was an entertaining game. Dewsbury had the chance to see their potential starting line up but with obvious reasons Fev are slightly behind the eight ball on that. Well done Dewsbury. It wasn't a classic but it was entertaining.

Who go's into a game NOT to win? 

Perhaps teams that do not take these games seriously

• Like 1

ernieone. My team Fev went into the game to win.We had Leeds players in like you keep going on about. It is a good concept and good luck to the Rams in the semi final.

• Like 1

I was never in doubt Fev set there stall out to win same as all the teams in the cup competition. I was just replying to  Madrednige who seems to think no one takes the games seriously.

14 minutes ago, ernieone said:

I was never in doubt Fev set there stall out to win same as all the teams in the cup competition. I was just replying to  Madrednige who seems to think no one takes the games seriously.

If the Rams focus had been purely on winning, we'd have fielded a stronger side and not given game time to some fringe players.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ernieone said:

20.14 win well done, York won as well

Thought the forwards showed some promise today.  30 & 35 (sorry 35, don't know your name as we don't have squad details on the website) looked good as did 16..I think I even saw some offloads....

Who was 34 too?? never stopped tackling.

Enjoyed the game.  Plenty of errors but it was full blooded and thought both teams tried to play attacking rugby...

• Like 2

We wanted to win that game.The coach has to however pick and and all the players that signed on deserve a game to show how good they are, The semi final game might provide a clue as to what the starting 13 might be. First league match is a 6 pointer that's the most important one to win.

1 hour ago, NickD said:

Thought the forwards showed some promise today.  30 & 35 (sorry 35, don't know your name as we don't have squad details on the website) looked good as did 16..I think I even saw some offloads....

Who was 34 too?? never stopped tackling.

Enjoyed the game.  Plenty of errors but it was full blooded and thought both teams tried to play attacking rugby...

Nick, our number 34 was Danny Halmshaw, presumably the deputy hooker with Day missing and he was good when he was on, both at acting half and when tackling. I know nothing more of him  though.

I enjoyed both matches and in the first game Hunslet Club Parkside acquitted themselves as much as some Ch1 clubs would have done. York, though, had the craft in their performance to get the win. 

Neither game was played as though a friendly to me and both showed things have still to be ironed out before the season begins. 

First half it seemed as though Dewsbury were eyeing up the opposition, ready to wear them out in the second. As it was, changes to both sides saw Fev take a near dominant rôle with Davies to the fore, yet we squeezed in at the end with fans’ favourite Tom Halliday touching down and surprising a Fev player hoping the ball would go dead. Some Bradford fans in front of us were delighted with the performance of their former player Andrade and he does show a lot of promise    

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

Nick, our number 34 was Danny Halmshaw, presumably the deputy hooker with Day missing and he was good when he was on, both at acting half and when tackling. I know nothing more of him  though.

I enjoyed both matches and in the first game Hunslet Club Parkside acquitted themselves as much as some Ch1 clubs would have done. York, though, had the craft in their performance to get the win. 

Neither game was played as though a friendly to me and both showed things have still to be ironed out before the season begins. 

First half it seemed as though Dewsbury were eyeing up the opposition, ready to wear them out in the second. As it was, changes to both sides saw Fev take a near dominant rôle with Davies to the fore, yet we squeezed in at the end with fans’ favourite Tom Halliday touching down and surprising a Fev player hoping the ball would go dead. Some Bradford fans in front of us were delighted with the performance of their former player Andrade and he does show a lot of promise    

on trial from one of the local clubs.

3 hours ago, EQUALIZER said:

on trial from one of the local clubs.

Danny Halmshaw is from Halifax/Bradford area he son of the famous Nigel halmshaw